[Today at 10:23:37 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anyone else going to Creighton  (Read 2322 times)

KampusFoods

• All American
Anyone else going to Creighton
« on: January 17, 2017, 04:06:20 PM »
Will be at the game this weekend. Roll call?

Any good spots in Omaha for pre/postgame cocktails?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Anyone else going to Creighton
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:42:40 PM »

There is a good lobby bar in the Hilton Omaha, you can take the skywalk directly to and from the Century Link center.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 09:41:40 PM »
There are good bars near Creighton's campus.  Also, near the UNO campus...like 49th and Dodge.  There are newer bars just west of the Convention Center as well within walking distance and near the new baseball stadium.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:21:33 PM »

DJ's dugout, Old Matress factory, and Blatt are all great spots within walking distance.   All the old market bars / restaurants are fairly close too.  I know the area well if you have any other questions as I went to school there as well as MU.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 11:53:52 PM »
Good Lord...a Saturday night in January in...Omaha...

Death on call

onepost

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »
I'll be there.  Like posters have said, the Old Market/downtown bars (Hilton, Old Mattress Factory, Blatt, Dubliner, DJ's Dugout) are really solid. If you're out a little further west then the Blackstone District - 40th and Farnam - is also good (Sullivan's, Mula, Corkscrew, Nite Owl).

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
My top endorsement would be the Blatt. The Local isn't a bad option either. Both feature an expanded craft beer selection. 

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 02:03:26 PM »
I'll be there.  Like posters have said, the Old Market/downtown bars (Hilton, Old Mattress Factory, Blatt, Dubliner, DJ's Dugout) are really solid. If you're out a little further west then the Blackstone District - 40th and Farnam - is also good (Sullivan's, Mula, Corkscrew, Nite Owl).
If you're going to be in Blackstone area go grab some beers at Scriptown Brewery and call in a pizza order to Noli's. Best pizza in Omaha.

Slick

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:40 PM »
There is an MU reception at the Old Mattress Factory on 13th St. @ 11:30am.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 08:13:36 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. We bounced around quite a bit. Dubliner, Blatt, LOCAL, T. Henery's. All solid. Had a good brunch at The Pitch near Midtown. Few places do bloody's like MKE, but I found this one pretty close.

We are also taking credit for the MU victory. You're welcome everyone.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 08:18:48 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. We bounced around quite a bit. Dubliner, Blatt, LOCAL, T. Henery's. All solid. Had a good brunch at The Pitch near Midtown. Few places do bloody's like MKE, but I found this one pretty close.

We are also taking credit for the MU victory. You're welcome everyone.

I'd be very interested to read about your observations on the game day experience at Creighton. On TV, I've always been impressed by their stadium and crowd. The blue everywhere is a good look, and the fans are clearly passionate. Impressive in person as well?

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »
I'd be very interested to read about your observations on the game day experience at Creighton. On TV, I've always been impressed by their stadium and crowd. The blue everywhere is a good look, and the fans are clearly passionate. Impressive in person as well?

These people LOVE their Creighton hoops. It gets incredibly loud when they get a few buckets in a row. Luckily, MU didn't do a lot of missing so that thwarted the crowd a lot. All bars were packed with Creighton fans pre and post game. I found their fans, for the most part, to be pretty pleasant and welcoming. They are seriously bummed about the Watson injury, with good reason.

One thing that puzzled us was the size of their student section. It is only in the lower bowl and doesn't even seem to go back that far, as I noticed some older folks in the upper half of it. They certainly get plenty of aid from the rest of the crowd in terms of noise, but it seemed very small relative to enrollment.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 08:50:33 AM »
These people LOVE their Creighton hoops. It gets incredibly loud when they get a few buckets in a row. Luckily, MU didn't do a lot of missing so that thwarted the crowd a lot. All bars were packed with Creighton fans pre and post game. I found their fans, for the most part, to be pretty pleasant and welcoming. They are seriously bummed about the Watson injury, with good reason.

One thing that puzzled us was the size of their student section. It is only in the lower bowl and doesn't even seem to go back that far, as I noticed some older folks in the upper half of it. They certainly get plenty of aid from the rest of the crowd in terms of noise, but it seemed very small relative to enrollment.

Yep people who  say that our student participation sucks don't realize how good it is to other schools.  Our student section can fit literally half of the undergraduate enrollment.  How many other schools do that? 

Have some patience, FFS.