[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: X/Creighton  (Read 8164 times)

tower912

• All American
X/Creighton
« on: January 16, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
Creighton, without Watson, blows a big lead on the road to a ranked team.    Why this feeling of deja vu?    X had every chance to win at the end, but blew 3 point blank shots and an open 3 in one possession.    So Creighton gave up 4 tries in a tight game.   This tune sounds so familiar.   Can't quite place it.   Creighton may be beatable without Watson.    Luke is going to have to show up and at least slow down their big.   It will require MU to play 40 minutes, which is problematic. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: X/Creighton
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 03:26:27 PM »
I have far more hope with Watson out. Reminiscent of how Marquette struggled when James went down in 2009. That said, Patton is an absolute monster and will be a huge problem.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »
We did just see Creighton win at Xavier in the game where Watson went down early, right? Not sure what people are seeing that would lead them to believe that we'll fare any better on the road after which Creighton has had time to game plan for life without Watson for a bit, if he's going to be out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:30:27 PM »
We did just see Creighton win at Xavier in the game where Watson went down early, right? Not sure what people are seeing that would lead them to believe that we'll fare any better on the road after which Creighton has had time to game plan for life without Watson for a bit, if he's going to be out.

I'm not saying we'll win but I'd rather face them without Watson than with him. Of course not wishing any injury upon the kid. I hope he's OK
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »
X had every chance to win at the end, but blew 3 point blank shots and an open 3 in one possession.

No. 35 should be cut for missing those layups, and Mack should be fired.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

fjm

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »

Hehe. I see what you did there.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
After watching Xavier a few times now, I don't get the love. They aren't all that impressive to me. They are one team that doesn't have a big that will eat MU alive inside. I think they are very beatable at home and away.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »
Bill Murray is a fan of there's. Automatic top 25.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 08:08:51 PM »
After seeing what happened today, I dont know what to think. Its hard to even attempt to predict what will happen.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 08:15:47 PM »

That's because with 6 NCAAs in 7 seasons (and 3 Sweet 16s), Mack and Wojo's records are on a par. Upon further review, since no-one said Wojo should be fired, it's because he's been much more successful.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:17:45 PM by Lennys Tap »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 08:17:51 PM »
That's because with 6 NCAAs in 7 seasons (and 3 Sweet 16s), Mack and Wojo's records are on a par. Upon further review, since no-one said Wojo should be fired, it's because he's been by far much more successful.

Oh Lenny ... you keep spoiling all my fun!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »
That's because with 6 NCAAs in 7 seasons (and 3 Sweet 16s), Mack and Wojo's records are on a par. Upon further review, since no-one said Wojo should be fired, it's because he's been much more successful.

I read what MU82 as saying had we lost a game like that there would be threads like that here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 08:19:44 PM »
I read what MU82 as saying had we lost a game like that there would be threads like that here.

You read that correctly, fjm.

Lenny simply has grown tired of my Wojo-related sarcasm. Sometimes, us old couples just get bored with each other!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 08:44:26 PM »
You read that correctly, fjm.

Lenny simply has grown tired of my Wojo-related sarcasm. Sometimes, us old couples just get bored with each other!

LOL - I'm guilty of beating dead horses, too, Mike. We need better topics, damn it! Maybe a discussion of literature, architecture or the death penalty can add some missing zest to the relationship. Better yet, where's Crash when we need him - resurrect the haiku!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 08:59:18 PM »
Maybe a discussion of literature, architecture or the death penalty can add some missing zest to the relationship.

Loved World According To Garp ... jeesh, I need to start reading books written in this millennium!

Mike Brady sure could design the hell out of a house!

I'm not in favor of the death penalty. But I've never had a loved one murdered, and I fully allow that such an event might affect my viewpoint.

You're right, Lenny ... that made me feel better!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »
resurrect the haiku!

another tough loss
Where are all the warriors
Will Wojo make it

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 09:25:44 PM »
Loved World According To Garp ... jeesh, I need to start reading books written in this millennium!

Loved Garp. The (at the time) young woman who recommended it to me asked how it was going - I said I loved it so far. She asked if I'd gotten to "the part" yet. I said "What part?" She said "If you had, you'd know!"

According to Garp
Was every man's nightmare
Fantasy gone wrong

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:38 PM »
Loved Garp. The (at the time) young woman who recommended it to me asked how it was going - I said I loved it so far. She asked if I'd gotten to "the part" yet. I said "What part?" She said "If you had, you'd know!"

If "the part" was what I think a cleverly titillating young woman might be referring to, it happened pretty darn early in the book.

If it was the car-in-driveway scene, which is what I think I'd label "the part," it happened much later.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 10:19:01 PM »
If "the part" was what I think a cleverly titillating young woman might be referring to, it happened pretty darn early in the book.

If it was the car-in-driveway scene, which is what I think I'd label "the part," it happened much later.

The latter - but in her defense I don't believe she was trying to be cleverly titillating.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 06:46:42 AM »

That's one of the most scarring pieces of literature I've come across. Easily top 5. Gives blood lust a whole new meaning.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 02:28:43 PM »
Torn ACL, college career over.

Absolutely devastating for Creighton. We had never made the Sweet 16. This was supposed to be the year. Most likely not anymore.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 02:37:01 PM »

Absolutely devastating for Creighton. We had never made the Sweet 16. This was supposed to be the year. Most likely not anymore.

Wow.  That sucks for Watson, Creighton, and the conference as a whole.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »
That sucks, I feel bad for the kid and the program.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 03:29:33 PM »

That is horrible news...especially for Creighton. They were having a program defining season and then this. Just brutal.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 03:30:40 PM »
I have far more hope with Watson out. Reminiscent of how Marquette struggled when James went down in 2009. That said, Patton is an absolute monster and will be a huge problem.
Oh yeah, he might go for 20/20.