2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:55:04 PM]

Academic All Americans by MU82
[Today at 07:39:55 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by MU82
[Today at 07:37:16 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JFB & Wade Bomb on Marquette Trivia  (Read 4524 times)

mreezybreezy

• Walk-On
JFB & Wade Bomb on Marquette Trivia
« on: January 16, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »

cheebs09

• All American
Re: JFB & Wade Bomb on Marquette Trivia
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 02:49:33 PM »
The Bradley Center one shocked me.

mu.n8ball

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »
The Bradley Center one shocked me.

Agreed. I mean they still play there when the Bulls play the Bucks... and the banners are hanging above their heads.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »
That video does not reflect well.   

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
Pathetic.

The Italian food question would be tough for them, they eat at the training table not with the commoners. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »
To be fair, Humphrey was an apartment building when they were there, as someone mentioned before Schroeder was probably not their goo to dining option, I bet you they could have named the all girls dorm instead of the all boys one, and I dont think they called Valley Fields student section the bird cage until after they left.

You gotta remember, its been 14 years since Wade was at MU and 7 for Jimmy. (Bradley Center was pretty pitiful though)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 05:41:01 PM »
 I think they were having fun with some answers. Look at their body language.
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
Bet they didn't get any of the IU questions wrong, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »
Maybe Schroeder has changed since I was there. What makes it Italian style?

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »
All the meals they serve are typical Italian dishes...i.e. pastas, pizza, lasagna, panini sandwiches, etc.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 05:36:58 PM »
To be fair to them, the questions where loaded. 

They got stuck on "central mall."  Ask them what is the name of the little chapel in the center of campus and they might have gotten the correct response.

The last question was "where are all the MU home games played?"  Jimmy correctly answered "Milwaukee."  However, given the vagueness of the question that was not what they where looking for.  Ask them to name of the stadium MU plays in and they would probably have gotten it correct ... as they play there every year when they play the Bucks.  So, of course they know that answer, their inability to answer it reflects (poorly) on the question wording.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 06:17:22 PM »
To be fair to them, the questions where loaded. 

They got stuck on "central mall."  Ask them what is the name of the little chapel in the center of campus and they might have gotten the correct response.

The last question was "where are all the MU home games played?"  Jimmy correctly answered "Milwaukee."  However, given the vagueness of the question that was not what they where looking for.  Ask them to name of the stadium MU plays in and they would probably have gotten it correct ... as they play there every year when they play the Bucks.  So, of course they know that answer, their inability to answer it reflects (poorly) on the question wording.

So...they were being too specific with the first question, but needed to be more specific with the second question?

It was pretty obvious what they were asking with the question about the BC.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »
The Bird Cage and Italian style food at Schroeder happened after Wade graduated.

But yes, they should have gotten the Bradley Center.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 10:26:48 AM »
The Bird Cage and Italian style food at Schroeder happened after Wade graduated.

So you're saying those things haven't happened yet?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »

Sick burn! Suck it, TT34.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 11:02:45 AM »
New class listing for Fall 2017 semester:

Marquette Trivia 001
Instructor: J. McAdams
Prerequisites: Varsity basketball and a 1-40 ADP in any NBA mock draft
Description: Student-Athletes will finally experience the "student" half of their name! Discover what it's like to be a common student and know what they know. Topics include famous Marquette landmarks, traditions, and folklore.  Note: This class will be taught by a graduate assistant.
Credit hours: 4.5
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »
So...they were being too specific with the first question, but needed to be more specific with the second question?

It was pretty obvious what they were asking with the question about the BC.

No they were not specific on both.  Listen to Jimmy's answer, he confidently said "Milwaukee" and even said he should get that point.  He was right, he did the answer the question as asked correctly!

Because he did not answer Bradley Center is the fault of the question, not the answer.  The question has multiple answers.

On the other questions, how many people know the center of campus is the "central mall." It's obvious they did know and they got stuck on the word "mall" and Jimmy was confused thinking the question was asking what chapel does MU have next to the shopping mall that MU owns.

These were badly worded questions.  And above even notes a few of the answers happened after Wade left in 2003.  And as Jimmy pointed out Humphrey was not a dorm when he stayed in it, it was apartments.

I'm thinking they really wanted them to fail this quiz ... unsure as to why they wanted it to come out this way.  Maybe they thought it would attract more attention if they failed.  Whatever the reason, the embarrassment is the wording and topics of the questions, not the answers.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 11:22:53 AM »

Hahaha good call.

I guess I should say after he left.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »
No they were not specific on both.  Listen to Jimmy's answer, he confidently said "Milwaukee" and even said he should get that point.  He was right, he did the answer the question as asked correctly!

Because he did not answer Bradley Center is the fault of the question, not the answer.  The question has multiple answers.

On the other questions, how many people know the center of campus is the "central mall." It's obvious they did know and they got stuck on the word "mall" and Jimmy was confused thinking the question was asking what chapel does MU have next to the shopping mall that MU owns.

These were badly worded questions.  And above even notes a few of the answers happened after Wade left in 2003.  And as Jimmy pointed out Humphrey was not a dorm when he stayed in it, it was apartments.

I'm thinking they really wanted them to fail this quiz ... unsure as to why they wanted it to come out this way.  Maybe they thought it would attract more attention if they failed.  Whatever the reason, the embarrassment is the wording and topics of the questions, not the answers.

That is specifying which chapel they were looking for.  If they made the question more vague and asked, "What is the name of the chapel in the center of Marquette's campus?" then there are 2 possible correct answers.  Joan of Arc and the Chapel of the Holy Family.  So they provided the specifics needed to get to the correct answer, which neither Butler nor Wade knew.  The question was worded just fine, as was the question about where Marquette played its home games.  If Wade and Butler can't figure out that they were talking about their men's basketball home games, given that it was a video for the men's basketball program and they both played on the men's basketball team, then that's on them.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
The in depth breakdown of the types of questions asked is pretty damn hilarious right now.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
The in depth breakdown of the types of questions asked is pretty damn hilarious right now.

Only on scoop

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 12:59:42 PM »
Count me in on confusion or goofing around.  You're telling me that Jimmy doesn't know the name of the arena he played college basketball in and now plays road games in twice a year, just up the road?  Shenanigans to the n'th degree.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
That is specifying which chapel they were looking for.  If they made the question more vague and asked, "What is the name of the chapel in the center of Marquette's campus?" then there are 2 possible correct answers.  Joan of Arc and the Chapel of the Holy Family.  So they provided the specifics needed to get to the correct answer, which neither Butler nor Wade knew.  The question was worded just fine, as was the question about where Marquette played its home games.  If Wade and Butler can't figure out that they were talking about their men's basketball home games, given that it was a video for the men's basketball program and they both played on the men's basketball team, then that's on them.

serious question ... how many people really know what the "Central Mall" is?  I went to MU 32 years ago and I don't recall the term "Central Mall."  Did they use that term back then?  Did you really know what it was (beyond guessing)?

(again that is what they were hung on ... they did not know what the central mall was).

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »
Count me in on confusion or goofing around.  You're telling me that Jimmy doesn't know the name of the arena he played college basketball in and now plays road games in twice a year, just up the road?  Shenanigans to the n'th degree.
Think there was some of this

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 10:20:40 AM »
serious question ... how many people really know what the "Central Mall" is?  I went to MU 32 years ago and I don't recall the term "Central Mall."  Did they use that term back then?  Did you really know what it was (beyond guessing)?

(again that is what they were hung on ... they did not know what the central mall was).
At least from '79-'83 never heard that area being called a name

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
At least from '79-'83 never heard that area being called a name

If you ask anyone under the age of 35-40, they are going to associate the word "mall" with a shopping or strip mall, hardly, if ever, with the idea of a promenade as "Central Mall" would imply.  Honestly the only common use of that word I can think of is the National Mall in DC.

feedback