collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: what do ya do with grayson allen?  (Read 15582 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
what do ya do with grayson allen?
« on: December 21, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
the dude is a gamer, hustler, a talent...but my God he has a problem with tripping people.  i googled grayson allen and one of the topics that popped up was grayson allen tripping.  you don't see that come up on many(none?) players. so, he declares that he is going to change

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17823836/duke-blue-devils-grayson-allen-ready-put-tripping-incidents-him

why do i bring this up?
           well in his zeal to clear his reputation for tripping, he......hang on.... trips a player from elon and draws a "T" just a few minutes ago.  2nd verse, same as the 1st

Controversy finds Duke's Grayson Allen again when he gets tangled up with Steven Santa Ana and then trips the Elon guard, resulting in Allen being assessed a technical foul.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Dukes-Grayson-Allen-trips-Elon-player-49961684

don't...don't don't don't don't

T-Bone

• All American
Re: what do ya do with grayson allen?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »
Hire him as our coach in 15 years?
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:37:08 PM »
And did you see the tantrum he threw on the bench?  Get over yourself kid. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 06:41:42 PM »
Good player.

Will always be thankful for Grayson Allen for having a large part in beating Wisconsin in the National Championshp game.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 06:45:18 PM »
Good player.

Will always be thankful for Grayson Allen for having a large part in beating Wisconsin in the National Championshp game.

YUP!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 06:45:51 PM »
no, i missed the tantrum, but i can just imagine.

i don't know how anyone with a clear conscience can deny grayson tripped the guy on purpose unless he(grayson) can claim it's a nervous tic or something.  it looked like "kung fu fighting" for chrimeny sake.  he does that in the nba and he get's his ass kicked right now.  i could see the other team just open up the lane for him.  as soon as he makes his move to the basket...x-check into the boards
don't...don't don't don't don't

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ww55qk-u_-A 
About 28 seconds in, ridiculous. 

Seriously, what do you do with a kid like that?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »
the dude is a gamer, hustler, a talent...but my God he has a problem with tripping people.  i googled grayson allen and one of the topics that popped up was grayson allen tripping.  you don't see that come up on many(none?) players. so, he declares that he is going to change

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17823836/duke-blue-devils-grayson-allen-ready-put-tripping-incidents-him

why do i bring this up?
           well in his zeal to clear his reputation for tripping, he......hang on.... trips a player from elon and draws a "T" just a few minutes ago.  2nd verse, same as the 1st

Controversy finds Duke's Grayson Allen again when he gets tangled up with Steven Santa Ana and then trips the Elon guard, resulting in Allen being assessed a technical foul.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Dukes-Grayson-Allen-trips-Elon-player-49961684

He tripped a player named Santa this close to Christmas??

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »

He tripped a player named Santa this close to Christmas??

Rakeem Christmas is still in college?

Oh wait, he never really went in the first place, did he?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 08:07:06 PM »
Well, you don't do anything with him. As many professional athletes have been known to cheap shot and do other unseemly things to succeed, so will Allen. If you have a huge problem with what he does on the court, do you have the same problem with Draymond Green?

I can't get on board with moral outrages to player behaviors.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »
Listening to talking heads/analysts bag on this kid, Coach K, Duke, his teammates, etc is gross. They do it because he's a kid. A college player. You want to set an example? Start with the adults - Suh, Green, etc.

The only lesson out there is talent always wins out. Want to change that? Fine. But don't get all pissy about a college bball player tripping opponents. Hypocrites.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 08:59:55 PM »
I met Allen after Duke/Maine a few weeks ago, I sat next to his family/friends at that game (Allen sat out with a foot injury). Off the court, in the few minutes I spent talking to him, he didn't come off as a bad kid, but clearly there's a pattern of behavior on the floor here.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 09:06:32 PM »
Does Duke have another non conference game? If so, suspend him.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 10:00:31 PM »

Next game is against VT

Buzz can talk about character revealed

nyg

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 10:04:13 PM »

Coach K said he handled it and looks like no suspension.  Maybe ACC will handle it.

Analysts all over calling for some punishment and its not even close.  Coach K said I don't care what they think, bring it on.  Had respect for Coach K, but he just lost bit of my admiration.  Kid needs to sit a game or two.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 10:10:15 PM »
Duke is clearly not going to sit him down for a game (he's too important). The ACC should step in and suspend him but I doubt they hand the guts to do so.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »
For those in favor of punishment, should every athlete who plays dirty receive the same? College, pro, all sports, your team, etc. EVERYONE

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 10:33:00 PM »
For those in favor of punishment, should every athlete who plays dirty receive the same? College, pro, all sports, your team, etc. EVERYONE

Guy has a long wrap sheet with tripping.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 10:44:26 PM »
no, i missed the tantrum, but i can just imagine.

i don't know how anyone with a clear conscience can deny grayson tripped the guy on purpose unless he(grayson) can claim it's a nervous tic or something.  it looked like "kung fu fighting" for chrimeny sake.  he does that in the nba and he get's his ass kicked right now.  i could see the other team just open up the lane for him.  as soon as he makes his move to the basket...x-check into the boards

He tries that in the NBA and Draymond Green will kick him in the balls.

More seriously, his actions (see his reaction to the T) suggest a serious psychological disorder.  Honestly, he needs help.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:47:15 PM by forgetful »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 10:45:12 PM »
You are clearly in favor of the "whatever it takes to gain an advantage" point of view.  My point of view is that if you cannot manage that line between being hyper competitive and cheating/playing dirty you don't belong on my team.  If that is a team i root for and the management, staff, or players cannot manage that line I drop my support.

Are you supporting a Marquette basketball program that would support dirty play/cheating?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 11:08:14 PM »
Not that I condone what he does, but I'd be much, much more concerned with a player who uses drugs, sexually harasses/assaults someone, physically assaults someone, etc.

For all the outrage over this, there are much, much, much, much bigger things to be upset about in sports than this.

A professional wide receiver can lose his job after literally sleeping through 2 red lights and not even know how to turn his own car off he is so drunk...only to be picked up by another team the exact same week.  There's a lot more wrong with that situation than with Duke deciding not to suspend Grayson Allen for tripping.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 11:28:05 PM »
Not that I condone what he does, but I'd be much, much more concerned with a player who uses drugs, sexually harasses/assaults someone, physically assaults someone, etc.

He did physically assault someone - several people.  What Grayson Allen did, on multiple occasions,  could have seriously injured a player, even ended a career. 
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 11:31:11 PM »
He did physically assault someone - several people.  What Grayson Allen did, on multiple occasions,  could have seriously injured a player, even ended a career.

Just as much as taking a whack at someone driving an open lane to prevent a layup could.

In fact, probably even less likely.  I've seen players break their wrist falling to the ground, sprain an ankle, etc.  I've never seen a player, even in football, get hurt from being tripped.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2016, 11:34:14 PM »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2016, 12:03:41 AM »

For all the outrage over this, there are much, much, much, much bigger things to be upset about in sports than this.

A professional wide receiver can lose his job after literally sleeping through 2 red lights and not even know how to turn his own car off he is so drunk...only to be picked up by another team the exact same week.  There's a lot more wrong with that situation than with Duke deciding not to suspend Grayson Allen for tripping.

Is the enabled alcoholic athlete better or worse than the enabled abnormal and violent athlete?

feedback