[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fres no-no-no.... ok  (Read 9016 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Fres no-no-no.... ok
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »

I don't mind Rowsey, good offensive player. definitely has been a positive contributor and it is nice to have a pg that can hit the 3. i agree on reinhardt however. defense is terrible....has been every year under wojo. i have to keep reminding myself that we won. don't have a ton of hope for the bucky game

WI is not some kind of juggernaut.

brandx

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »
The 2 Fresno big men were 15-20 from the floor.

The only bad thing I saw about tonite's game was interior defense.

Shouldn't have used the word "defense" in my 1st sentence as there was none. Layup drills for their big men.

brandx

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 09:22:01 PM »
WI is not some kind of juggernaut.

No, but at least 3 of their players would be starters for MU.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »
Ugly second half. We survived.

Feel like I can't criticize Katin too much when JaJuan, Haanif and Duane all had forgettable games. The defense was cringe-inducing. Fresno State looked like it was playing with more energy and focus.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 09:37:03 PM »
1.  Well done Tower!
2.  A win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a  win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win.
3. #NoLeadIsSafe
4.  The Scoopers wishing Marquette would play and win a close game got there wish, though probably not in the manner they had hoped.

Playing with house money on Saturday.  Projected a loss at the start of the year so we'll still be on track with a loss.  But the game is winnable; and a huge win it would be.  Now here's the part where I grumble about being stuck at a family Christmas function.  Seriously?!  Why my wife's aunt picked 2 weeks before Christmas to have the holiday get together I'll never know.  Plus, it was actually supposed to be on Sunday the 11th but thanks to some sort of scheduling error it is at noon on the 10th!  Bah humbug!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 09:39:59 PM »
Rather have a close win tonight and a focused team on Saturday than another blowout and a too relaxed team for Saturday.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 09:40:34 PM »
Agree, no killer instinct.
Poor interior D.
In crises, no alpha dog to step up - Sam is the closest.
Don't know what the deal is with Duane.
Hani will be back - hopefully this week.
JJJ does a lot of good things, but his out-of-control drives into the pines make me wonder.
The less I see of Rousey and Reinhardt the happier I tend to be.

Rowsey was 100% from the field and 100% from the free throw. What????

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 09:44:35 PM »
the fresno st coaching staff definitely made adjustments and got the team rolling in the 2nd half tonight. we were out-coached badly yet again
Oh look,  the troll shows up again when MU doesn't play well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
Momentum is a funny thing.  Fresno pressed the 2nd half and MU lost their energy.  Fresno played with more and more energy and more and more confidence. I think Traci was missed tonight against that pressure.

Katin can't possibly be this bad.  Its unfair to bricks to call some of his heaves bricks.  Layup that bounced so hard it didn't even draw iron?

I feel like Markus and Sam should always have the ball in their hands, which is testament to them, but a bad sign for the team.

Wojo, please stop asking Luke to play 20 feet from the rim, it isn't doing anyway (except our opponents) any good.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 09:56:31 PM »

Rowsey has absolutely been a big contributor. I was sorta surprised he wasn't in when we were protecting the lead late in the game. He was a 90% + FT shooter at UNC-Ashville.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 09:59:44 PM »

Rowsey has absolutely been a big contributor. I was sorta surprised he wasn't in when we were protecting the lead late in the game. He was a 90% + FT shooter at UNC-Ashville.

He has played well and I thought the same thing.  Sure is nice in endgame situations when all our guys on the floor can hit their free throws.  We actually missed a couple tonight and that surprised me.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 10:01:32 PM »

Please don't forget the 3 turnovers. Our other PG/SG had zero
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »
Trap game. Uninspiring performance, but not going to be upset about it since we got the win. Need to be better Saturday and I suspect we will be.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2016, 10:07:23 PM »
I don't think we were outcoached that badly.  Cmon...the first half does count right?

True. However, yet again, this game was another example that as the game progressed the edge adjustment-wise was on the other bench.

As Fresno was making their comeback and I was thinking about the comments that Freeport Warrior had back after the Pitt game. Wojo's in-game approach, his focus on energy and intensity.

In the second half there's no doubt that MU came out flat, but Fresno comeback was due to more than just MU's lack of energy. Attacking Fischer directly and picking up full court really put MU back on their heels. And, unfortunately, I didn't see one adjustment from Wojo on either front. Frankly, we won because the clock ran out on Fresno.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »
He has played well and I thought the same thing.  Sure is nice in endgame situations when all our guys on the floor can hit their free throws.  We actually missed a couple tonight and that surprised me.

Sam actually missed 3 free throws tonight. I was shocked. But he hit big ones at the end.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 10:16:09 PM »
I am not surprised by the ups and downs of this team.  They live by the 3 point shot.  When its on, we look great.  When its off, we look awful. 

The problem with this team is that it doesn't know how to play defense.  Good teams play good defense, it doesn't go hot and cold like 3 point shooting.  Wojo needs to figure out the defensive schemes and if he can't, he needs to find someone who can.

Reinhardt needs to see more pine.  He is a chucker and I cringe whenever he has the ball.

Hauser and Howard are going to be studs.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 10:17:20 PM »
Not saying hes was good but rhinehart gets a ton more negativity when he does poorly than cheatum or jujuan. 
Jujuan was horrendous tonite literally stood around ball watching on defense tonite n did very little. Hit a few shots but his turnovers and bad shots were really poor.  Cheatum was terrible too.  Rhineharts size n help breaking the press were keys tonight.
I give all three of them Ds tonite. Just saying rhineharts receives more negativity than he deserves. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 10:19:05 PM »
I wonder if the short turnaround from the Georgia game made a difference. Marquette played a pretty physical team Sunday afternoon, probably got back to Milwaukee late that night then basically had one day of rest/preparation/practice for Fresno State.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 10:26:41 PM »
I wonder if the short turnaround from the Georgia game made a difference. Marquette played a pretty physical team Sunday afternoon, probably got back to Milwaukee late that night then basically had one day of rest/preparation/practice for Fresno State.

This is another reason I'll gladly take the win and run. Shooting went cold in the 2nd. Legs could have been gone.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »
How about how terrible the announcers were?? 
I like pete gillen back in the day, started xavier on their run but hes a terrible announcer. 
If i had nickel for every time they called luke a 5th year player.  Ummmm hes not.
Also nary a mention of traci being hurt.  All that surrounded by terrible announcing
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

brandx

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »

20 year olds tire so easily. I'm sure they never had to play this much on the playgrounds.

brandx

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »
I like pete gillen back in the day, started xavier on their run but hes a terrible announcer. 
If i had nickel for every time they called luke a 5th year player.  Ummmm hes not.
Also nary a mention of traci being hurt.  All that surrounded by terrible announcing

Combining an annoying voice with no announcing talent whatsoever easily makes Gillen the worst I've seen.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 10:49:25 PM »
20 year olds tire so easily. I'm sure they never had to play this much on the playgrounds.

It's not an excuse. Marquette played poorly. They should have played better. But they sure didn't look like the deeper, more talented and athletic team on the court tonight. Rest and recovery is important even for college kids — so is time for game planning. Whatever the reason, we'll need our best game to beat Wisconsin.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 10:50:05 PM »
Won't win you many tough ones if we don't counter other teams adjustments

1318WWells

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »

I did a double take on this as well. They actually had a full screen graphic on Luke out of a timeout with "5th year senior" slapped across the top. Nice research guys.