[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fres no-no-no.... ok  (Read 9129 times)

tower912

• All American
Fres no-no-no.... ok
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
1.   Can't take your feet off of the gas.    Third time this year.   
2.  So many scorers.    Not so many leaders.   Why does it fall to the freshmen? 
3.   Haanif.... your team needs you.   
4.   Embarrassing attendance.   Looked like Allstate arena.   
5.  Whither Traci?
6.   This is a good 3 pt shooting team.    Sometimes, they get lazy and settle.   Wojo plays into it.    Running a play late in the game for a 3?    Really?
7.   Late games free throws matter.   
8.   Two guys falling over on defense with 30 seconds left.   So frustrating.     Frickin step up and challenge.   
9.   I could spend hours complaining.   I won't.    They should be coachable the rest of the week.     

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Fres no-no-no.... ok
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:36:38 PM »
10. Just confirming... Sandy left because he couldn't get playing time over Katin, right? Just checking.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
11. Interior defense - as in there was none.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:28 PM »
Cheatham in major slump and needs to break out.  Has gone 6,2 and 5 in last three games and sat majority of second half, after being best player in beginning of year.

Reinhardt again......hits first shot then misses his next six to finish 1 for 7.  Probably around 20% for year now.

Just a complete brainfart in second half, can't do that against Wisky. 

Relied on the threes in second half as opposed to going inside, just didn't hit them and bad turnovers

Win is a win.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »
1.   Can't take your feet off of the gas.    Third time this year.   
2.  So many scorers.    Not so many leaders.   Why does it fall to the freshmen? 
3.   Haanif.... your team needs you.   
4.   Embarrassing attendance.   Looked like Allstate arena.   
5.  Whither Traci?
6.   This is a good 3 pt shooting team.    Sometimes, they get lazy and settle.   Wojo plays into it.    Running a play late in the game for a 3?    Really?
7.   Late games free throws matter.   
8.   Two guys falling over on defense with 30 seconds left.   So frustrating.     Frickin step up and challenge.   
9.   I could spend hours complaining.   I won't.    They should be coachable the rest of the week.     

I don't have a problem with the play he drew up.  Wide open three by a damn good shooter?  I'd take that any day.

Traci was held out for knee soreness.

But you are correct about the lack of leadership. JJJ just doesn't seem to be that guy.  Duane just can't be on the floor.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 08:42:26 PM »
10. Just confirming... Sandy left because he couldn't get playing time over Katin, right? Just checking.

I guess so.  Fine by me. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 08:43:08 PM »

I don't have a problem with the play he drew up.  Wide open three by a damn good shooter?  I'd take that any day.

Traci was held out for knee soreness.

But you are correct about the lack of leadership. JJJ just doesn't seem to be that guy.  Duane just can't be on the floor.

Thanks.  No mention of anything on TV.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
Thanks.  No mention of anything on TV.

#mubb tweeted it out late in the first half.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »
11.  Luke is a sieve on defense.  But Wojo needs to get him double-team help on the low post dump downs.
12.  Every time Reinhardt pulls up to shoot, I think "Oh, no"
13.  We missed Traci Carter tonight.  Hope his knees are better soon.  I think he is a nice change of pace from Rowsey and Howard.  Not necessarily better, but a nice to have more of a facilitator at the point.
14.  Third time we've let a very big second half lead get away from us this year.  We were able to save two of them, at least.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »
Glad we got the win but it's one of those that almost feels like a loss when some of the same issues keep rearing their heads.

We're horrendous defensively and I don't think that's going to change. The offense is going to have to carry us.

Even though Hauser got a great look I didn't understand taking such a quick shot out of a TO at the end.

Need HC to get back on track.

Heading up for the game Saturday. A terrible loss would have definitely put a damper on that.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »
Agree, no killer instinct.
Poor interior D.
In crises, no alpha dog to step up - Sam is the closest.
Don't know what the deal is with Duane.
Hani will be back - hopefully this week.
JJJ does a lot of good things, but his out-of-control drives into the pines make me wonder.
The less I see of Rousey and Reinhardt the happier I tend to be.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
I thought Rowsey played a very solid game.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »
This was a game we couldn't afford to lose. Glad we got the win, but there's lots to work on.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »

We're horrendous defensively

This - and we haven't improved in this area outside of a few stretches in a few games

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
2nd game in a row where we go ice cold from three in the second half after being red hot in the first.

We had 7 assists on our first 7 made FGs. We only had 8 assists on the remaining 19. That tells me that we got away from our offense. I'm convinced that when our offense stalls, our defense gets worse.

HC in a major slump. Needs to break out of it on Saturday.

Don't understand why Katin is on the floor at the end. Would rather have Cheatham, Wilson, or Rowsey at this point.

After seeing the defensive adjustments Fresno made at the half, I am convinced. BRING BACK JERRY!

First half team would have beaten Wisconsin. 2nd half team would have lost by 40. Need to be close to our ceiling to pull off the win. Hopefully this half is a wake up call.

Take the W and run.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »

Because he wasn't going to get Hauser's minutes.  Unfortunately, not everyone can play and Cohen was the 9,10, 11th player on any given day.  In that range, you are going to get 0-10minutes.  Not what he wanted. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »
2nd game in a row where we go ice cold from three in the second half after being red hot in the first.

We had 7 assists on our first 7 made FGs. We only had 8 assists on the remaining 19. That tells me that we got away from our offense. I'm convinced that when our offense stalls, our defense gets worse.

HC in a major slump. Needs to break out of it on Saturday.

Don't understand why Katin is on the floor at the end. Would rather have Cheatham, Wilson, or Rowsey at this point.

After seeing the defensive adjustments Fresno made at the half, I am convinced. BRING BACK JERRY!

First half team would have beaten Wisconsin. 2nd half team would have lost by 40. Need to be close to our ceiling to pull off the win. Hopefully this half is a wake up call.

Take the W and run.

I noticed Jerry as well. I know it's been talked about ad nauseum here but I really think the staff could benefit from a more experienced assistant. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
Because he wasn't going to get Hauser's minutes.  Unfortunately, not everyone can play and Cohen was the 9,10, 11th player on any given day.  In that range, you are going to get 0-10minutes.  Not what he wanted.

This is more of a commentary on what Katin has done to deserve the 25 minutes he got tonight. I have seen no maturity, no veteran leadership to make up for the lack of raw numbers.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »
Poor interior D.
JJJ does a lot of good things, but his out-of-control drives into the pines make me wonder.

I don't mind Rowsey, good offensive player. definitely has been a positive contributor and it is nice to have a pg that can hit the 3. i agree on reinhardt however. defense is terrible....has been every year under wojo. i have to keep reminding myself that we won. don't have a ton of hope for the bucky game

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »
This is more of a commentary on what Katin has done to deserve the 25 minutes he got tonight. I have seen no maturity, no veteran leadership to make up for the lack of raw numbers.

Then say that.  No need to bring up Sandy at all.  It's irrelevant to the point.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »
I noticed Jerry as well. I know it's been talked about ad nauseum here but I really think the staff could benefit from a more experienced assistant.

the fresno st coaching staff definitely made adjustments and got the team rolling in the 2nd half tonight. we were out-coached badly yet again

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
I don't think we were outcoached that badly.  Cmon...the first half does count right?

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 09:07:13 PM »

Don't understand why Katin is on the floor team

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
BTW... this season:

Markus Howard: 20.5% usage, 123.2 ORtg

Haanif Cheatham: 19.8% usage 121.5 ORtg
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 09:16:15 PM »
I'll stand up for the students as much as the next guy but tonight was bad. You could make an argument the lower bowl was on 1/4 full.

I'm happy with a win but was hoping not to sweat it out after the first half. We have a shot at 3-0 this week, which is all I hoped for. A win Saturday would be huge.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »

I don't mind Rowsey, good offensive player. definitely has been a positive contributor and it is nice to have a pg that can hit the 3. i agree on reinhardt however. defense is terrible....has been every year under wojo. i have to keep reminding myself that we won. don't have a ton of hope for the bucky game

WI is not some kind of juggernaut.

brandx

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »
The 2 Fresno big men were 15-20 from the floor.

The only bad thing I saw about tonite's game was interior defense.

Shouldn't have used the word "defense" in my 1st sentence as there was none. Layup drills for their big men.

brandx

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 09:22:01 PM »
WI is not some kind of juggernaut.

No, but at least 3 of their players would be starters for MU.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »
Ugly second half. We survived.

Feel like I can't criticize Katin too much when JaJuan, Haanif and Duane all had forgettable games. The defense was cringe-inducing. Fresno State looked like it was playing with more energy and focus.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 09:37:03 PM »
1.  Well done Tower!
2.  A win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a  win is a win is a win is a win is a win is a win.
3. #NoLeadIsSafe
4.  The Scoopers wishing Marquette would play and win a close game got there wish, though probably not in the manner they had hoped.

Playing with house money on Saturday.  Projected a loss at the start of the year so we'll still be on track with a loss.  But the game is winnable; and a huge win it would be.  Now here's the part where I grumble about being stuck at a family Christmas function.  Seriously?!  Why my wife's aunt picked 2 weeks before Christmas to have the holiday get together I'll never know.  Plus, it was actually supposed to be on Sunday the 11th but thanks to some sort of scheduling error it is at noon on the 10th!  Bah humbug!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 09:39:59 PM »
Rather have a close win tonight and a focused team on Saturday than another blowout and a too relaxed team for Saturday.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 09:40:34 PM »
Poor interior D.

Rowsey was 100% from the field and 100% from the free throw. What????

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 09:44:35 PM »
the fresno st coaching staff definitely made adjustments and got the team rolling in the 2nd half tonight. we were out-coached badly yet again
Oh look,  the troll shows up again when MU doesn't play well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
Momentum is a funny thing.  Fresno pressed the 2nd half and MU lost their energy.  Fresno played with more and more energy and more and more confidence. I think Traci was missed tonight against that pressure.

Katin can't possibly be this bad.  Its unfair to bricks to call some of his heaves bricks.  Layup that bounced so hard it didn't even draw iron?

I feel like Markus and Sam should always have the ball in their hands, which is testament to them, but a bad sign for the team.

Wojo, please stop asking Luke to play 20 feet from the rim, it isn't doing anyway (except our opponents) any good.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 09:56:31 PM »

Rowsey has absolutely been a big contributor. I was sorta surprised he wasn't in when we were protecting the lead late in the game. He was a 90% + FT shooter at UNC-Ashville.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 09:59:44 PM »

Rowsey has absolutely been a big contributor. I was sorta surprised he wasn't in when we were protecting the lead late in the game. He was a 90% + FT shooter at UNC-Ashville.

He has played well and I thought the same thing.  Sure is nice in endgame situations when all our guys on the floor can hit their free throws.  We actually missed a couple tonight and that surprised me.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 10:01:32 PM »

Please don't forget the 3 turnovers. Our other PG/SG had zero
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:46 PM »
Trap game. Uninspiring performance, but not going to be upset about it since we got the win. Need to be better Saturday and I suspect we will be.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2016, 10:07:23 PM »
I don't think we were outcoached that badly.  Cmon...the first half does count right?

True. However, yet again, this game was another example that as the game progressed the edge adjustment-wise was on the other bench.

As Fresno was making their comeback and I was thinking about the comments that Freeport Warrior had back after the Pitt game. Wojo's in-game approach, his focus on energy and intensity.

In the second half there's no doubt that MU came out flat, but Fresno comeback was due to more than just MU's lack of energy. Attacking Fischer directly and picking up full court really put MU back on their heels. And, unfortunately, I didn't see one adjustment from Wojo on either front. Frankly, we won because the clock ran out on Fresno.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »
He has played well and I thought the same thing.  Sure is nice in endgame situations when all our guys on the floor can hit their free throws.  We actually missed a couple tonight and that surprised me.

Sam actually missed 3 free throws tonight. I was shocked. But he hit big ones at the end.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 10:16:09 PM »
I am not surprised by the ups and downs of this team.  They live by the 3 point shot.  When its on, we look great.  When its off, we look awful. 

The problem with this team is that it doesn't know how to play defense.  Good teams play good defense, it doesn't go hot and cold like 3 point shooting.  Wojo needs to figure out the defensive schemes and if he can't, he needs to find someone who can.

Reinhardt needs to see more pine.  He is a chucker and I cringe whenever he has the ball.

Hauser and Howard are going to be studs.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 10:17:20 PM »
Not saying hes was good but rhinehart gets a ton more negativity when he does poorly than cheatum or jujuan. 
Jujuan was horrendous tonite literally stood around ball watching on defense tonite n did very little. Hit a few shots but his turnovers and bad shots were really poor.  Cheatum was terrible too.  Rhineharts size n help breaking the press were keys tonight.
I give all three of them Ds tonite. Just saying rhineharts receives more negativity than he deserves. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 10:19:05 PM »
I wonder if the short turnaround from the Georgia game made a difference. Marquette played a pretty physical team Sunday afternoon, probably got back to Milwaukee late that night then basically had one day of rest/preparation/practice for Fresno State.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 10:26:41 PM »
I wonder if the short turnaround from the Georgia game made a difference. Marquette played a pretty physical team Sunday afternoon, probably got back to Milwaukee late that night then basically had one day of rest/preparation/practice for Fresno State.

This is another reason I'll gladly take the win and run. Shooting went cold in the 2nd. Legs could have been gone.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »
How about how terrible the announcers were?? 
I like pete gillen back in the day, started xavier on their run but hes a terrible announcer. 
If i had nickel for every time they called luke a 5th year player.  Ummmm hes not.
Also nary a mention of traci being hurt.  All that surrounded by terrible announcing
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

brandx

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »

20 year olds tire so easily. I'm sure they never had to play this much on the playgrounds.

brandx

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »
I like pete gillen back in the day, started xavier on their run but hes a terrible announcer. 
If i had nickel for every time they called luke a 5th year player.  Ummmm hes not.
Also nary a mention of traci being hurt.  All that surrounded by terrible announcing

Combining an annoying voice with no announcing talent whatsoever easily makes Gillen the worst I've seen.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 10:49:25 PM »
20 year olds tire so easily. I'm sure they never had to play this much on the playgrounds.

It's not an excuse. Marquette played poorly. They should have played better. But they sure didn't look like the deeper, more talented and athletic team on the court tonight. Rest and recovery is important even for college kids — so is time for game planning. Whatever the reason, we'll need our best game to beat Wisconsin.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 10:50:05 PM »
Won't win you many tough ones if we don't counter other teams adjustments

1318WWells

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »

I did a double take on this as well. They actually had a full screen graphic on Luke out of a timeout with "5th year senior" slapped across the top. Nice research guys.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 11:04:56 PM »
Ugly second half. We survived.

Feel like I can't criticize Katin too much when JaJuan, Haanif and Duane all had forgettable games. The defense was cringe-inducing. Fresno State looked like it was playing with more energy and focus.

JjJ and Haanif have gotten flack.

And while he certainly wasn't perfect the fact you just lumped JjJ in with Katin proves he's being critiqued too much.

Guy was at least 6/12 for 14 pts and 8 more boards
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
1. Rowsey played fine tonight and I join those who were surprised he wasn't in at the end.

2. Reinhardt did a VERY nice job helping against the full-court pressure. He defended his man decently. I'm not sure how one can define that he showed no leadership. Except for missing some shots, didn't he do pretty much what Wojo asked of him? As for comparing him to Cohen ... yes, I've seen Cohen against pressure. I'll take Reinhardt. Of course, Cohen wouldn't have had any TOs against pressure because he would have been on the bench.

3. Haani ... maybe he's pressing a little. And/or maybe the opposing coach/team has figured out that if you don't let him drive in hard from the left, he's not going to beat you. Not a great dish-and-drive guy, still not a finisher with his right hand. Good player, not great yet.

4. Luke is a poor man-to-man defender so I wish they would have given him a little more help. Came up huge on offense, including a couple of nice put-backs.

5. I appreciate what Sam has done so far this season as much as anybody here, but can you imagine the negativity if Reinhardt had missed 3 FTs down the stretch?

6. Howard is one tough-minded 17-year-old. His FTs barely caused the net to move. Handled the pressure pretty darn good.

7. Gillen is a brutal announcer. Kept saying Sam could play 1, 2 or 3. Said three times that JJJ has improved every year - it's pretty true, but we got it the first time. Kept asking for Traci ... which is fine except Traci couldn't play. Having said all that, I'll take Gillen 100 times a week over Dickey Simpkins.

8. JJJ had 14 points on 6-12 shooting, team-high 8 rebs, 2 assts, swished 2 clutch FTs in final minute. Yes, he had 4 TOs and he whiffed on D a few times, but to hear some Scoopers talk, he was garbage tonight. Just stop it.

9. I came into this week wanting to win 2 out of 3 so we'd be no worse than 9-3 going into conference play, and now we're guaranteed that. But I'm greedy and I hope we're REALLY hitting our 3s on Saturday.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2016, 11:34:07 PM »
Not saying hes was good but rhinehart gets a ton more negativity when he does poorly than cheatum or jujuan. 
Jujuan was horrendous tonite literally stood around ball watching on defense tonite n did very little. Hit a few shots but his turnovers and bad shots were really poor.  Cheatum was terrible too.  Rhineharts size n help breaking the press were keys tonight.
I give all three of them Ds tonite. Just saying rhineharts receives more negativity than he deserves.

I think KR deserves more criticism than Cheatham and JuJuan because at least those two players have showed me they can play. KR has been flat out awful as a Marquette player and I don't understand how he is still getting the minutes he is getting.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2016, 12:12:49 AM »
Oh, and for those who think it's terrible that our lads had to hang on to win at home against Fresno State ...

Beats the heck out of Ohio State losing at home tonight to Florida Atlantic - a 2-5 team that had lost to Texas State, SIUE and Tennessee-Martin, and was ranked No. 240 by KenPom.

It also beats losing at home to Arkansas State, as one of our Big East brethren did.

I'll take the win every time. It's not always going to be pretty or easy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2016, 06:58:28 AM »
I'll stand up for the students as much as the next guy but tonight was bad. You could make an argument the lower bowl was on 1/4 full.

Moving to the Al in 2017-2018

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2016, 07:03:04 AM »
Oh, and for those who think it's terrible that our lads had to hang on to win at home against Fresno State ...

Beats the heck out of Ohio State losing at home tonight to Florida Atlantic - a 2-5 team that had lost to Texas State, SIUE and Tennessee-Martin, and was ranked No. 240 by KenPom.

It also beats losing at home to Arkansas State, as one of our Big East brethren did.

No doubt there are extremes that make us all very happy to be MU fans this morning - but the reality is getting the w is secondary to the defense effort required to play with the big boys.  Now is the time to work these problems out and get the players comfortable with the D system for the season.  We don't seem to be making progress with that and its frustrating.  As you point out its less frustrating than if we lost but frustrating none-the-less.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2016, 07:06:31 AM »
Fact.  :Katin has the highest number of shots per 100 possessions (22.6) and one of the lowest efg% (.357) on the team. Ouch!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:47:51 AM by Class71 »
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2016, 07:18:57 AM »

Agree 100%. Even really good teams have off games — getting a win when you do counts for something. The offense was just fine last night. Shot the lights out and kept turnovers down despite missing one of our primary ball handlers. But the defensive issues have been troubling.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »
The first half was delightful, the second half was frightful.  At least we still won the game.    Assign the blame, assign the blame, assign the blame.

Who wanted the ball down the stretch?    Who did you want to see with the ball down the stretch?    Who did you NOT want to see with the ball down the stretch?    Did anybody look like they wanted to guard the player for Fresno most likely to shoot?    At least there is team defensive rebounding.   

Fresno's defensive adjustments made MU stand still on offense in the second half.   Because MU saw success early shooting 3's, (in rhythm, off of passes, open looks) they were more than willing to settle for standstill contested 3's late.    Then they got out of rhythm offensively and never found it again and quit hitting open looks.    Must keep moving and passing on offense. 

Defensively, Luke takes a lot of heat (from me, too.   guilty)    But as has been discussed before, Luke is being put in the most unnatural position for him defensively, guarding smalls in space.     I think it was his last foul, he switched with JjJ who basically quit on the play and left Luke trying to slide laterally to defend an attacking guard.      We need our other defenders on the floor to defend better so that Luke can help and block shots, not have to do everything.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2016, 08:13:55 AM »
Combining an annoying voice with no announcing talent whatsoever easily makes Gillen the worst I've seen.

He ran out of things to say by halftime and simply resorted to repeating the exact same things he said previously. Awful

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:04 AM »
Didn't look great but we pulled out the W. Also im not liking the attendance but the place will be sold out this weekend

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »

Absolutely terrible.  Where's our buddy Dickey Simpkins these days?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2016, 08:28:13 AM »
Didn't look great but we pulled out the W. Also im not liking the attendance but the place will be sold out this weekend

And 50% red. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2016, 08:28:53 AM »
Young team coming off a road win 48 hours earlier.  Big first half.  Rival game up next.  They let down in the second.

It happens.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »
And 50% red.

God, I hope not. But given the lethargy of the fanbase so far this season, it wouldn't surprise me.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2016, 10:05:44 AM »
And 50% red.

I don't think it will be 50%, but expecting 35%+ for sure.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »
Rather have a close win tonight and a focused team on Saturday than another blowout and a too relaxed team for Saturday.

I can't see either Marquette or Wisconsin being too relaxed for a game against the other.  I'll definitely comfort myself with the thought that Wojo will have everyone's attention for the remainder of this week's practices.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »
Not saying hes was good but rhinehart gets a ton more negativity when he does poorly than cheatum or jujuan

Who???  :o :o

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2016, 11:27:40 AM »
I am not surprised by the ups and downs of this team.  They live by the 3 point shot.  When its on, we look great.  When its off, we look awful. 

The problem with this team is that it doesn't know how to play defense. Good teams play good defense, it doesn't go hot and cold like 3 point shooting.  Wojo needs to figure out the defensive schemes and if he can't, he needs to find someone who can.

Reinhardt needs to see more pine.  He is a chucker and I cringe whenever he has the ball.

Hauser and Howard are going to be studs.

Have we played any zone?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
Have we played any zone?

We played a little against Georgia.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2016, 01:02:44 PM »
We played a little against Georgia.

One possession.   Open wing 3 that they made. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2016, 05:27:20 PM »
One possession.   Open wing 3 that they made.

I was considering saying "very little" but wasn't sure how many possessions because that was while my satellite was out and I only had the radio. They don't always call out defensive sets ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »
The first half was delightful, the second half was frightful. 

And since there's no time to go... Cam Maro, Cam Maro, Cam Maro.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2016, 06:52:12 PM »
And since there's no time to go... Cam Maro, Cam Maro, Cam Maro.

I like it
TAMU

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2016, 09:43:02 PM »
The only thing that upsets me more than Rinehardt's shooting is when he drives.  He gets out of control, has no vertical and little ability to adjust.  By the time he gets to the rim, he's so off balance and out of control there is no chance he will succeed. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »
Ran the numbers from last night's game. Interesting tidbit, this was the first game all season where we lost the turnover battle. We had a TO% of 18.4% and Fresno ended with a TO% of 17.5%. We won the other three factors (eFG%, OR%, FTR).
TAMU

feedback