[Today at 05:32:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fres no-no-no.... ok  (Read 9119 times)

tower912

• All American
Fres no-no-no.... ok
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
1.   Can't take your feet off of the gas.    Third time this year.   
2.  So many scorers.    Not so many leaders.   Why does it fall to the freshmen? 
3.   Haanif.... your team needs you.   
4.   Embarrassing attendance.   Looked like Allstate arena.   
5.  Whither Traci?
6.   This is a good 3 pt shooting team.    Sometimes, they get lazy and settle.   Wojo plays into it.    Running a play late in the game for a 3?    Really?
7.   Late games free throws matter.   
8.   Two guys falling over on defense with 30 seconds left.   So frustrating.     Frickin step up and challenge.   
9.   I could spend hours complaining.   I won't.    They should be coachable the rest of the week.     

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Fres no-no-no.... ok
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:36:38 PM »
10. Just confirming... Sandy left because he couldn't get playing time over Katin, right? Just checking.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
11. Interior defense - as in there was none.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:28 PM »
Cheatham in major slump and needs to break out.  Has gone 6,2 and 5 in last three games and sat majority of second half, after being best player in beginning of year.

Reinhardt again......hits first shot then misses his next six to finish 1 for 7.  Probably around 20% for year now.

Just a complete brainfart in second half, can't do that against Wisky. 

Relied on the threes in second half as opposed to going inside, just didn't hit them and bad turnovers

Win is a win.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »
1.   Can't take your feet off of the gas.    Third time this year.   
2.  So many scorers.    Not so many leaders.   Why does it fall to the freshmen? 
3.   Haanif.... your team needs you.   
4.   Embarrassing attendance.   Looked like Allstate arena.   
5.  Whither Traci?
6.   This is a good 3 pt shooting team.    Sometimes, they get lazy and settle.   Wojo plays into it.    Running a play late in the game for a 3?    Really?
7.   Late games free throws matter.   
8.   Two guys falling over on defense with 30 seconds left.   So frustrating.     Frickin step up and challenge.   
9.   I could spend hours complaining.   I won't.    They should be coachable the rest of the week.     

I don't have a problem with the play he drew up.  Wide open three by a damn good shooter?  I'd take that any day.

Traci was held out for knee soreness.

But you are correct about the lack of leadership. JJJ just doesn't seem to be that guy.  Duane just can't be on the floor.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 08:42:26 PM »
10. Just confirming... Sandy left because he couldn't get playing time over Katin, right? Just checking.

I guess so.  Fine by me. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 08:43:08 PM »

I don't have a problem with the play he drew up.  Wide open three by a damn good shooter?  I'd take that any day.

Traci was held out for knee soreness.

But you are correct about the lack of leadership. JJJ just doesn't seem to be that guy.  Duane just can't be on the floor.

Thanks.  No mention of anything on TV.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
Thanks.  No mention of anything on TV.

#mubb tweeted it out late in the first half.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »
11.  Luke is a sieve on defense.  But Wojo needs to get him double-team help on the low post dump downs.
12.  Every time Reinhardt pulls up to shoot, I think "Oh, no"
13.  We missed Traci Carter tonight.  Hope his knees are better soon.  I think he is a nice change of pace from Rowsey and Howard.  Not necessarily better, but a nice to have more of a facilitator at the point.
14.  Third time we've let a very big second half lead get away from us this year.  We were able to save two of them, at least.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »
Glad we got the win but it's one of those that almost feels like a loss when some of the same issues keep rearing their heads.

We're horrendous defensively and I don't think that's going to change. The offense is going to have to carry us.

Even though Hauser got a great look I didn't understand taking such a quick shot out of a TO at the end.

Need HC to get back on track.

Heading up for the game Saturday. A terrible loss would have definitely put a damper on that.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 08:48:10 PM »
Agree, no killer instinct.
Poor interior D.
In crises, no alpha dog to step up - Sam is the closest.
Don't know what the deal is with Duane.
Hani will be back - hopefully this week.
JJJ does a lot of good things, but his out-of-control drives into the pines make me wonder.
The less I see of Rousey and Reinhardt the happier I tend to be.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
I thought Rowsey played a very solid game.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »
This was a game we couldn't afford to lose. Glad we got the win, but there's lots to work on.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »

We're horrendous defensively

This - and we haven't improved in this area outside of a few stretches in a few games

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
2nd game in a row where we go ice cold from three in the second half after being red hot in the first.

We had 7 assists on our first 7 made FGs. We only had 8 assists on the remaining 19. That tells me that we got away from our offense. I'm convinced that when our offense stalls, our defense gets worse.

HC in a major slump. Needs to break out of it on Saturday.

Don't understand why Katin is on the floor at the end. Would rather have Cheatham, Wilson, or Rowsey at this point.

After seeing the defensive adjustments Fresno made at the half, I am convinced. BRING BACK JERRY!

First half team would have beaten Wisconsin. 2nd half team would have lost by 40. Need to be close to our ceiling to pull off the win. Hopefully this half is a wake up call.

Take the W and run.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »

Because he wasn't going to get Hauser's minutes.  Unfortunately, not everyone can play and Cohen was the 9,10, 11th player on any given day.  In that range, you are going to get 0-10minutes.  Not what he wanted. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »
2nd game in a row where we go ice cold from three in the second half after being red hot in the first.

We had 7 assists on our first 7 made FGs. We only had 8 assists on the remaining 19. That tells me that we got away from our offense. I'm convinced that when our offense stalls, our defense gets worse.

HC in a major slump. Needs to break out of it on Saturday.

Don't understand why Katin is on the floor at the end. Would rather have Cheatham, Wilson, or Rowsey at this point.

After seeing the defensive adjustments Fresno made at the half, I am convinced. BRING BACK JERRY!

First half team would have beaten Wisconsin. 2nd half team would have lost by 40. Need to be close to our ceiling to pull off the win. Hopefully this half is a wake up call.

Take the W and run.

I noticed Jerry as well. I know it's been talked about ad nauseum here but I really think the staff could benefit from a more experienced assistant. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
Because he wasn't going to get Hauser's minutes.  Unfortunately, not everyone can play and Cohen was the 9,10, 11th player on any given day.  In that range, you are going to get 0-10minutes.  Not what he wanted.

This is more of a commentary on what Katin has done to deserve the 25 minutes he got tonight. I have seen no maturity, no veteran leadership to make up for the lack of raw numbers.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »
Agree, no killer instinct.
Poor interior D.
In crises, no alpha dog to step up - Sam is the closest.
Don't know what the deal is with Duane.
Hani will be back - hopefully this week.
JJJ does a lot of good things, but his out-of-control drives into the pines make me wonder.
The less I see of Rousey and Reinhardt the happier I tend to be.

I don't mind Rowsey, good offensive player. definitely has been a positive contributor and it is nice to have a pg that can hit the 3. i agree on reinhardt however. defense is terrible....has been every year under wojo. i have to keep reminding myself that we won. don't have a ton of hope for the bucky game

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »
This is more of a commentary on what Katin has done to deserve the 25 minutes he got tonight. I have seen no maturity, no veteran leadership to make up for the lack of raw numbers.

Then say that.  No need to bring up Sandy at all.  It's irrelevant to the point.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »
I noticed Jerry as well. I know it's been talked about ad nauseum here but I really think the staff could benefit from a more experienced assistant.

the fresno st coaching staff definitely made adjustments and got the team rolling in the 2nd half tonight. we were out-coached badly yet again

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
I don't think we were outcoached that badly.  Cmon...the first half does count right?

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 09:07:13 PM »

Don't understand why Katin is on the floor team

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
BTW... this season:

Markus Howard: 20.5% usage, 123.2 ORtg

Haanif Cheatham: 19.8% usage 121.5 ORtg
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 09:16:15 PM »
I'll stand up for the students as much as the next guy but tonight was bad. You could make an argument the lower bowl was on 1/4 full.

I'm happy with a win but was hoping not to sweat it out after the first half. We have a shot at 3-0 this week, which is all I hoped for. A win Saturday would be huge.

feedback