[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Favorite #BadgerHateWeek stories  (Read 2683 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Favorite #BadgerHateWeek stories
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »
Relatively wide open topic, what are your favorite stories that revolve around #BadgerHateWeek? It could be a story about a time MU beat Wisconsin, could be when you ran into a Badger fan in the office and they said something typically stupid, could be a time you met a well known Badger and taunted them. Whatever, the funny and more humiliating to the Badgers the better.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Favorite #BadgerHateWeek stories
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:08:41 AM »
Best one ever -- when Al flipped off old man Hughes right after we defeated Wisconsin and the Hughes zombies.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:15:37 AM »
When I was a JR and we played @UW my cousin who was a sophomore at UW wouldn't shut up that while we were good UW clearly had upstaged MU as the premiere program in WI... sure that's true now but it felt great to watch him eat his words on their own court
Maigh Eo for Sam

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »
Badger fans predicting Devin Harris would be a better pro than Dwyane Wade.  How'd that work out?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 10:36:05 AM »
Best one ever -- when Al flipped off old man Hughes right after we defeated Wisconsin and the Hughes zombies.

I believe you are remembering it wrong.....

Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:12 AM »
My favorite game was when Bo went to the "hack a Burke" strategy and Dwight canned his FTs to salt away a win in Madison.

The game in 02-03 is high on the list as well. First year the game was moved to when the students were in session. Awesome atmosphere that night. Wade had a big game and Townsend hit a few big threes, including one he banked in with the shot clock running down.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 01:34:36 PM »
I was co-oping in Milwaukee in December 1998. This was the final year of Deane and the game happened over Winter Break. I arranged for a group of about ten of us to go to the game, and I was the only one rooting for Marquette. Of course, everyone else there was rooting for Wisconsin, even though I think none of them actually had gone to UW. They were all UWM, UW-Stevens Point, yada yada.

We pre-gamed on Water Street. The ribbing was good-natured. Then the game happened.

The stadium was probably 80-90% red and MU got smoked. We were inept. I remember it distinctly. At one point late in the 1H, someone yelled, "hey Marquette, you only have ten points!". MU was so bad they only had ten points late in the first half. I will probably remember that line for the rest of my life. The final score was 61-45, but it wasn't even that close. All the people I was with eventually just stopped heckling me because they felt bad for me. I got surly drunk the rest of the night.

F*ck Wisconsin. F*ck when the Bradley Center has a ton of red. F*ck all the people that didn't even go to Wisconsin and still root for the Badgers.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Dunk The Ball Eric

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 01:39:23 PM »
Anytime we get to chant "We are Marquette" in the Kohl Center after a W is a favorite memory of mine.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »
A badger went out for a walk and had a bad day.

The End.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »
2007-2008 season, MU at UW.  Got tickets 10 rows up in the middle of the UW student section.  Made a sign with the infamous picture of Brian Butch in a woman's bra winking at a camera saying, "Brian Butch 2003 McDonald's AA, 2008 McDonald's employee.  Ring out ahoya."

Got to the Kohl Hole 2 hours before the game, was told they don't open for another hour.  Also was told they don't allow signs in.  We go and grab some food, the tallest of our group of 3 (6'4") goes into a bathroom and wraps the sign around his leg.

Halftime we're up maybe 6 or 8.  Walk around the lower bowl concourse, some older (mid to late 60s I would guess) MU fans see us and yell out, "HEY RED!  GET SOME ATHLETES!"  Hilarious.

Close game throughout but we had it in hand in the last minute.  "We are MU" chant starts up, I pull the sign out, and thought I was going to get murdered.  Put it away pretty quickly.  Game ends on the other end of the court with Dominic James spiking (I believe) Tervon Hughes's shot at the buzzer into the ground despite being up like 7, just a nice eff you to the Badgers to end the game.  The team runs down to our end and does the Marquette "jersey pop" at us.

We told none of our UW "friends" we were coming.  We were freshman that year.  Ran across UW's campus over to the dorm they were living in, knock on their door, one of them has a drink in hand and is clearly already drunk and says, "You know what?  I had a feeling you guys were going to do this.  If I die tonight it's your fault."

Good times.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:56:23 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »
In 2011, my friends and I bought MU-Bucky tickets a few days before the game in Madison. Both teams were ranked in the Top 20. I am not exaggerating when I say that our seats were in the absolute last row of the Kohl Center. Any farther up and we would have been on the roof.

Buzz suspended Junior Cadougan before the game, but MU didn't miss a beat (Helps to have Vander, DJO, and Crowder). The Warriors jumped out to a 10-point lead at half time, and held on to win by 7. Nothing quite like We Are Marquettes bouncing off the rafters of the Kohl Center as Badger fans head for the exits.

------------------

A year earlier in 2010, the game itself was pretty forgettable, but we started off the pre-game with some kegs and eggs. Unfortunately, we made the surprisingly amateurish mistake of realizing that we had too few sober drivers to get everyone in our group over from the East Side to the Bradley Center. Mind you, this was pre-Uber in Milwaukee, so there weren't exactly a lot of cabs to be had early on a Saturday afternoon in December. Time was running short, and we had one sober driver. Somehow, we got about 10 people into one car, and made it to our seats by tipoff. Of course, I had to share the trunk with a friend and a set of golf clubs...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:34:48 PM by Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup »
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

muguru

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 04:35:25 PM »
Wish I could remember the year(2007) I think. Was in attendance in Madison sitting in the lower level..You could hear a pin drop in there as MU salted away the victory..once I felt secure that the game was in hand, I yelled several times over and over "this is our house" as in "we own you"...The looks I got were f'n priceless, but it resonated because pretty soon I heard other MU fans joining in the chant. Walked out of there that day happy as a peacock.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 05:21:13 PM »
Last year my brother and I got a hold of two season holder tickets center court in the middle of all the sweatervests in Madison. My brother likes to cheer. He's a 230 pound of muscle catcher at a d2 school, so let's just say he's in decent shape. After Henry bulldozed a few Badgers to put Marquette up by 2, the We are Marquette chant started to be heard. 3 of the sweatervests turned around and told us that my brother was cheering to loudly, and that he should respect the Kohl center. They continued to say that we would have some "issues" if we continued to cheer.

My brother who hadn't said a word to them up to this point, looks down, and says "Look at me, look at you. I would eat all three of you within 5 seconds. What exactly are you trying to threaten me with?" They promptly turned around, and my brother got even louder with his cheers.