'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Best back to back classes since when?  (Read 5753 times)

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
Best back to back classes since when?
« on: December 04, 2016, 05:33:09 PM »
Best back to back recruiting classes since when?

If you look at last year’s and this year’s classes, you have to give WOJO an A, and I am thinking about the these classes being the best back to back classes since when?

HE  One and done   Hit
HC  Hit potential superstar
TC Solid only to get better
Matt Heldt solid only to get better
MH Hit- potential superstar
SH- Hit- potential  superstar
Sacar Amin-  incomplete

Stan had me convinced that HC ad Howard where difference makers before they arrived.  Wojo felt the same about Sam and felt he was under the radar some based on the quality of teammates at SPLASH.  Very high on next year’s class, especially in regard to defense and boards plus bailey. 

My vote for best back to back classes  since 80-81   (doc rivers/MM- Johnson brothers)   Could make argument for Wade-Deiner.    Or do we have to go back to Al’s last classes.   Talk amongst yourselves. 

GA fans where very confident they were going to win today.  This was an important game for them and was one they were all in on.  It was a big win.   All of the made 3pts, especially in the 1st half was driving the GA fans crazy.

PS  Don't want to sound like a creeper, but they had some really nice cheerleaders. 

jsglow

• All American
Re: Best back to back classes since when?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:01:09 PM »
I'm convinced we've got some great underclassmen talent.  Bodes well for the future.

And everyone knows southern women are the most attractive.  I knew that more than 30 years ago.  ;D

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 06:07:37 PM »
I'm convinced we've got some great underclassmen talent.  Bodes well for the future.

And everyone knows southern women are the most attractive.  I knew that more than 30 years ago.  ;D

Thank you, dear.  Now you know why I moved to a place that had less competition.  ;)
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »
Thank you, dear.  Now you know why I moved to a place that had less competition.  ;)

I beg to differ.  You're ok chick, but Dgies and I would argue that there are some Superior girls that can send a southern broad a whimpering.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 06:18:56 PM »
Well our top two scores all time are back to back so there's a good argument there
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 06:26:09 PM »
I beg to differ.  You're ok chick, but Dgies and I would argue that there are some Superior girls that can send a southern broad a whimpering.

I think they are talking about looks, not fist-fights and beer drinking abilities.  I know its weird, but some people have their priorities all screwed up.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 06:26:24 PM »

Hey Real, while my Mom was a Superior girl and my family is from there, Chick and I went to the same high school! A few years apart but we're both Ryan grads. We lived in Nashville for a lot of years!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »

Why do you think I moved to Texas?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 06:40:44 PM »
Best back to back recruiting classes since when?

If you look at last year’s and this year’s classes, you have to give WOJO an A, and I am thinking about the these classes being the best back to back classes since when?

HE  One and done   Hit
HC  Hit potential superstar
TC Solid only to get better
Matt Heldt solid only to get better
MH Hit- potential superstar
SH- Hit- potential  superstar
Sacar Amin-  incomplete

Stan had me convinced that HC ad Howard where difference makers before they arrived.  Wojo felt the same about Sam and felt he was under the radar some based on the quality of teammates at SPLASH.  Very high on next year’s class, especially in regard to defense and boards plus bailey. 

My vote for best back to back classes  since 80-81   (doc rivers/MM- Johnson brothers)   Could make argument for Wade-Deiner.    Or do we have to go back to Al’s last classes.   Talk amongst yourselves. 

GA fans where very confident they were going to win today.  This was an important game for them and was one they were all in on.  It was a big win.   All of the made 3pts, especially in the 1st half was driving the GA fans crazy.

PS  Don't want to sound like a creeper, but they had some really nice cheerleaders.
If he could coach we be NCAA champs. Wait for it......
Goal is National Championship

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »

Bc it was an easy $78/yr gig
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 07:21:38 PM »
Hey Real, while my Mom was a Superior girl and my family is from there, Chick and I went to the same high school! A few years apart but we're both Ryan grads. We lived in Nashville for a lot of years!

I'm guessing your heart still is still in the north woods.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 07:32:14 PM »
Pops, I was at da infamous Tourney game in Athens when da Dream "fouled" out. Pretty sure we coulda kicked UCLA's ass, had we met. Still bust out in hives just thinkin' 'bout it, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 08:04:30 PM »
Pops, I was at da infamous Tourney game in Athens when da Dream "fouled" out. Pretty sure we coulda kicked UCLA's ass, had we met. Still bust out in hives just thinkin' 'bout it, hey?
Was our best chance to win another.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »

One of the worst-reffed games in history. Dino gets called (I believe) for three offensive fouls on plays where he simply went up and his defender flopped. Total crap.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 09:30:30 PM »
Always extremely impressed by the scenery every time been to a game in Lexington. About the exact opposite ratio in the small Western Wisconsin place I live in currently.
GO WARRIORS!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 10:57:18 PM »

Cause everything's got horns...no that's not it....cause the stear are bigger? Yeah that must be it
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 11:11:51 PM »
Wojo ... meh.

“They were a great offensive team," Georgia guard J.J. Frazier said. "They run their sets well and with precision, and we knew that coming in. They made a couple of tough shots, but for the most part we gave them too much space.”

What does he know? If he were a Scooper he'd know we shoulda fired Wojo back in 2014.

Can't coach. Can't recruit. Can't motivate. Only talks hoarsely about nuthin' during timeouts that are caught on mic and wishes our guys would slap the floor like he did.

There never, ever, ever has been a single decent head coach in college basketball history who languished as an assistant for a decade or more. Roy doesn't count. Neither does Izzo. Why? Because if they counted it would eff up a perfectly good rip on Wojo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

fjm

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 11:42:48 PM »
All the scoopers that can't stand Wojo are probably pretty bummed you posted this thread.
I couldn't agree more. Yes heldt was a 3 star but he will be a solid contributor.
Yes Traci sometimes plays at a million miles an hour which leads to a ridiculous turnover but he is a solid PG (Only a sophomore) and a perfect alternative to Howard.
Yes Sacar is red shirting, but that's huge for Sacar and huge for the team.
Hanni... enough said.
Howard and Hauser... have been much more than anyone could have expected at this point. (Except maybe JB).

HE is in the NBA. So obviously that is awesome for him, for Wojo and for MU as a program. And us as fans.

Wojo has recruited amazingly. Do I have my doubts some days? Yea sometimes. But this is only his second recruiting class and they are looking solid.

Now after this, is there a chance we lay an egg and get frustrated? Yes. But they are also freshmen and sophomores.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 12:05:03 AM »
Watched the second half again tonight. I still can't believe UW dragged their feet with Sam the way they did. For years, they've locked up in-state guys like him early.

What I loved today was his toughness. Went to work as much as he could on Maten, and held his own on the glass. On the other end, if he had a guard on him, he posted the guy up.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 05:28:16 AM »
And I believe some good prospects on the horizon that can play the 4,5. Maybe I have that wrong but Wojo's doing a good job recruiting methinks.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 05:29:06 AM »
Watched the second half again tonight. I still can't believe UW dragged their feet with Sam the way they did. For years, they've locked up in-state guys like him early.

What I loved today was his toughness. Went to work as much as he could on Maten, and held his own on the glass. On the other end, if he had a guard on him, he posted the guy up.

Bo's final parting gift to MU, the Hauser bros.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 07:34:37 AM »
One of the worst-reffed games in history. Dino gets called (I believe) for three offensive fouls on plays where he simply went up and his defender flopped. Total crap.
It was good scouting by Ohio St. and poor in game adjustment by Al.
Ohio St. set up their defender to to defend how MU would inbound the ball and rush up the sideline. The game resulted in a rule change. After that a player has a right to take a step after catching an inbounds pass. In the end all of that should not of mattered. MU had a three point lead with the ball under two minutes to go. No shot clock, so we needed to just hold on to ball and make free throws. Chones takes a jump turnaround shot and misses. Ohio St scores and on the next possession Chones misses the same shot and Ohio St. scores again. It was the only game that Meminger ever fouled out, but I will never understand why we did not just hold unto the ball with under two minutes to go.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2016, 08:29:02 AM »

I'm plenty impressed by Sam's 3-point shooting - I actually am stunned when he misses, a situation that reminds me of how I felt during the Novak years.

Yesterday, I was really impressed by two other shots he made: a nice fade-away 12-footer from the right baseline, and an oustanding shot from the lane on a post-up. The kid definitely has offensive game, and his D isn't all that bad - and will get better with maturity and more strength.

Sam also is the kind of player who can be huge for a program because he's just good enough to excel but not quite spectacular enough to leave early. I saw that at Illinois in the early- to mid-aughts when they had Cook, Deron Williams, Brown, Augustine, Head, Ingram, Powell, etc. Only Williams left early, and that was after three years. No wonder they won a lot during that span.

If Joey really is better than Sam, and if we get him too ... wow!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 08:32:18 AM »
Yesterday, I was really impressed by two other shots he made: a nice fade-away 12-footer from the right baseline, and an oustanding shot from the lane on a post-up.

Those two shots were really amazing - the type of shots you typically see from a Jr/Sr who are savvy & have a lot of experience under their belt.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 08:34:09 AM »
Sam understands defensive principles and is generally where he is supposed to be in theory.    And he scraps like crazy.    Two very important pieces.  He is young and skinny right now and he is physically overmatched at times.   No shame in that for a freshman.    As he adds muscle and gains experience, he will only get better at defending opposing 4's.    If he had shoulders and arms like KR right now, he might be the best player on the team.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.