[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Freshman.  (Read 3705 times)

JD

• All American
Freshman.
« on: December 04, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
This is not intended to dog the upperclassman, but watching Sam and Marcus play is refreshing.

Without Sam and Marcus, Marquette would not have won this game.  (Surprise)  I hope wojo continues to allow the two freshman to start. This is high D1 basketball, and skill should trump seniority.

Side question;  anyone know why wojo pulled Howard after about 5 minutes into the start of the game?  I thought our defense was better and we had better shot selection with Marcus then with traci.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

jsglow

• All American
Re: Freshman.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »
Big time!  Big league.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »
Agreed. Our normal core had an off game and the frosh brought it. Still believe in the core, but the kids are fun to watch and will have some great games.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 02:54:53 PM »

Side question;  anyone know why wojo pulled Howard after about 5 minutes into the start of the game?  I thought our defense was better and we had better shot selection with Marcus then with traci.

I thought the same thing when I realized Markus missed a large chunk of time in the first half.  He scored 5 quick points.  Maybe I missed some lapses on D or early fouls? 

Anyway, I'm calling Howard and Hauser h2o.  Two parts H and one part offense.  Shots are wet.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 02:56:35 PM »
I thought the same thing when I realized Markus missed a large chunk of time in the first half.  He scored 5 quick points.  Maybe I missed some lapses on D or early fouls? 

Anyway, I'm calling Howard and Hauser h2o.  Two parts H and one part offense.  Shots are wet.
Water, hey? they make a splash!
Goal is National Championship

JD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »

Best. Nickname. Ever

"Shots are wet"
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 03:01:28 PM »

Bad choice by wojo. I've talked about it here and elsewhere.. but those are the facts.

People are still gradually understanding how fortunate we are to have Markus. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 03:15:23 PM »
Nm

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »
Both Howard and Hauser are playing big minutes and each is at 50% from 3.  That's just plain impressive.  Shots are so smooth too.

Actually a little more impressed with Howard's shooting as he has more of his shots that are created by him off the bounce.  Typically you see a drop off in %, but he is still at 50%.

Early in the season but if they can even keep up 40%+, we'll be a dangerous team.  Problem is, we'll still lose several that we shouldn't.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 09:40:37 PM »
Both Howard and Hauser are playing big minutes and each is at 50% from 3.  That's just plain impressive.  Shots are so smooth too.

Actually a little more impressed with Howard's shooting as he has more of his shots that are created by him off the bounce.  Typically you see a drop off in %, but he is still at 50%.

Early in the season but if they can even keep up 40%+, we'll be a dangerous team.  Problem is, we'll still lose several that we shouldn't.
Whenever they shoot i feel like it's going in

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 09:42:36 PM »
Whenever they shoot i feel like it's going in
They both have great form and take shots in the proper flow.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 10:20:43 AM »
What makes me the most excited about these two is that they are the best freshman duo we've had...since last year!  The level of production and leadership we have seen from the last two freshmen classes (Cheatam, Ellenson, Carter, Hauser, Howard) really only compares to one other group in my Marquette experience: the Three Amigos and Hayward the next year. Blue and Gardner didn't even come close as freshmen to what Sam and Markus have done this year.

The Matthews-McNeal-James-Hayward combo was an freak injury from being a Final Four favorite as seniors and juniors.  If we bolster the Cheatam-Hauser-Howard-Carter core with another strong frosh class or transfers/jucos we are primed for a great run of success.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »
Picking nits here but can we all start spelling "freshmen" correctly when talking about both of them?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 10:51:06 AM »
Picking nits here but can we all start spelling "freshmen" correctly when talking about both of them?

Are they fifth year freshman tho?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.