[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Thought Dey B Bros...  (Read 5948 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Thought Dey B Bros...
« on: October 27, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »
but didn't stop Jae and Jimmy from gettin' inta it at da United, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Thought Dey B Bros...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 08:38:23 PM »
but didn't stop Jae and Jimmy from gettin' inta it at da United, hey?
True warriors / Spartan like, hey?
Goal is National Championship

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 10:09:15 PM »
While I won't reveal the source unless they want it:

I received a pm on muscoop about 15 months ago that may contribute to this story

"I'm not sure who he disliked on Marquette before, but there has been some chatter that he has become too "big time" for some of his former teammates.  Not sure how much of that is true, or simply the perception that occurs when one guy hits it big while most of his former teammates are toiling away in Europe or the Developmental League."

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »

I received a pm on muscoop about 15 months ago that may contribute to this story

"I'm not sure who he disliked on Marquette before, but there has been some chatter that he has become too "big time" for some of his former teammates.  Not sure how much of that is true, or simply the perception that occurs when one guy hits it big while most of his former teammates are toiling away in Europe or the Developmental League."

So, gossip about envy from former teammates. Sounds reliable to me  :P

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 11:13:59 PM »
I do remember a jae or djo tweet like that awhile back.
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »
I do remember a jae or djo tweet like that awhile back.

I think it was DJO around the time Wojo held a camp for the pro alumni.

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
Butler had some heated words with college teammate Crowder late in the first half.

Crowder rebounded a miss by Wade - another Marquette product - and charged into Butler, leading to a heated exchange.

Rondo also got into it with Isaiah Thomas, and all four players got called for technicals.

''Jae's my guy,'' Butler said. ''It's the heat of the moment. That's what's supposed to happen.''

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:58:16 AM »
Butler had some heated words with college teammate Crowder late in the first half.

Crowder rebounded a miss by Wade - another Marquette product - and charged into Butler, leading to a heated exchange.

Rondo also got into it with Isaiah Thomas, and all four players got called for technicals.

''Jae's my guy,'' Butler said. ''It's the heat of the moment. That's what's supposed to happen.''
Spoiled all the fun and speculation

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 05:09:18 PM »
From a NBA fan standpoint, Butler and Harden are in the top five players I can't stand and root against while watching random games. This is coming from a MU fan that went there at the same time as JFB. He just seems like a dick on the court.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 01:26:07 AM »
From a NBA fan standpoint, Butler and Harden are in the top five players I can't stand and root against while watching random games. This is coming from a MU fan that went there at the same time as JFB. He just seems like a dick on the court.
Even Jordan was a Dic on the court...

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 09:42:59 AM »
I think it was DJO around the time Wojo held a camp for the pro alumni.

It was indeed DJO's tweet

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 12:07:22 PM »

It's not Jimmy's fault if they can't along with Mark Wahlberg.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 04:06:52 PM »
It was indeed DJO's tweet

What was said? Too lazy to look it up on twitter.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 06:47:58 PM »
What was said? Too lazy to look it up on twitter.

Don't remember the exact tweet, but it was to the effect that someone had changed since their time playing together, and the general interpretation was that maybe Jimmy had got a bit too "big time" since he and DJO were teammates.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 07:20:40 PM »
It's not just former guys from Marquette, it's basically everyone he's been around the last few years. Teammates have reportedly clashed as well as  Tibs. I mean the guy hangs out with Mark Wahlberg, grade A douche right there.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:43:16 PM by esotericmindguy »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »
It's not just former guys from Marquette, it's basically everyone he's been around the last few years. Teammates have reportedly clashed as well as  Tibs. I mean the guy hangs out with Mark Wahlberg, grade A douche right there.

Thibs dislikes Jimmy so much he tried very hard to trade for him in the offseason.

The Jimmy thing is way more complex. I think he bears some of the blame, but a lot of it stems from Rose and his crew not liking someone other than Derrick being the "alpha" of the team. Remember, these people clashed with just about everyone in the Bulls organization in the previous four years, and made it clear that it was Derrick first, Bulls second in every way possible. Knowing what we know now about that bunch, I'm willing to give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 10:38:31 AM »
Thibs dislikes Jimmy so much he tried very hard to trade for him in the offseason.

The Jimmy thing is way more complex. I think he bears some of the blame, but a lot of it stems from Rose and his crew not liking someone other than Derrick being the "alpha" of the team. Remember, these people clashed with just about everyone in the Bulls organization in the previous four years, and made it clear that it was Derrick first, Bulls second in every way possible. Knowing what we know now about that bunch, I'm willing to give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt.

Yup.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »

You do realize Jimmy was on of the Thibs backers right??
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »
The Bulls PR schmeer machine has been in full force against Jimmy for 2.5 years now.  This is the same organization that happily showed the door to MJ, Phil and Thibs.  They do not want anyone getting bigger than the Bull.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 12:55:57 PM »
The Bulls PR schmeer machine has been in full force against Jimmy for 2.5 years now.  This is the same organization that happily showed the door to MJ, Phil and Thibs.  They do not want anyone getting bigger than the Bull.

It's less the Bulls PR machine that's been anti-Jimmy as it has been the DRose PR machine. Rose and his family have been a big deal in this town for a long, long time and they're well connected with the city's media. They're the ones who've been whispering about Jimmy, not the Bulls. Jimmy hasn't helped himself much because, yes, he's gotten more brash and arrogant and vocal, and he's allowed that to feed into his detractors. But he's still the hardest working guy in that locker room and wants to win as a Bull.
I rarely claim to have insider information around here, but on this I'm fairly certain.

As for the Bulls, it's a poorly run organization, but if they were anti-Jimmy, they had plenty of opportunity to deal him in the offseason for a decent return. They chose instead to deal Rose for very little, and let Noah walk without even making him an offer. That's not unimportant in this discussion. The coaching staff let it be known whose giant egos they would rather contend with.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:01:20 PM by Pakuni »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »
It's less the Bulls PR machine that's been anti-Jimmy as it has been the DRose PR machine. Rose and his family have been a big deal in this town for a long, long time and they're well connected with the city's media. They're the ones who've been whispering about Jimmy, not the Bulls. Jimmy hasn't helped himself much because, yes, he's gotten more brash and arrogant and vocal, and he's allowed that to feed into his detractors. But he's still the hardest working guy in that locker room and wants to win as a Bull.
I rarely claim to have insider information around here, but on this I'm fairly certain.

As for the Bulls, it's a poorly run organization, but if they were anti-Jimmy, they had plenty of opportunity to deal him in the offseason for a decent return. They chose instead to deal Rose for very little, and let Noah walk without even making him an offer. That's not unimportant in this discussion. The coaching staff let it be known whose giant egos they would rather contend with.

I agree with this analysis.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »
Yup, Derrick and Reggie Rose along with BJ Armstrong were as someone else said on here, grade A douches. Jimmy got caught in the crossfire just because Rose was the hometown kid.

As a Bulls fan I am so happy Derrick and his wannabe brother are gone. Good riddance.