[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Henry- It's official!  (Read 11388 times)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Henry- It's official!
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:48:36 PM »
Logs his first NBA minutes tonight.
2 min. 0-1. 2 reb

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Henry- It's official!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:10 PM »
2 min. 0-1. 2 (easy) reb
FIFY

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 10:21:38 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:43:49 PM »
This is in the D League, right?  I thought they had announced their roster prior to any official team workouts and it did not include Hank.  At least if you will believe Scoop, anyway.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 10:59:08 PM »
This is in the D League, right?  I thought they had announced their roster prior to any official team workouts and it did not include Hank.  At least if you will believe Scoop, anyway.

Pistons.

With Scoop, trust but verify.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 12:05:59 AM »
Pistons.

With Scoop, trust but verify.

Yup.

On pace for 48 rebounds per 48 minutes. Not too bad I guess. If he'd grab a few more difficult rebounds he'd be up over 50 and then I'd be impressed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:21:27 AM »
If only Andre Drummond weren't on the team he'd get more rebounds. If he can hit the baseline J for Detroit he will see playing time
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 07:45:27 AM »
Rookie of the year

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 09:25:04 AM »
Good for Henry.

This team really could have been something had he stayed.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Babybluejeansfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »
At least he got in, registered some time.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
2 min. 0-1. 2 reb

Boom. Didn't post a Trillion.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »
Let me start by saying that I wish Henry the best in his NBA career. I hope he has a long, successful career and becomes a perennial All-Star. That said...

I feel no real connection to Henry as a Marquette alum. There's definitely not the same excitement and intrigue as for Wade or Butler or Crowder or Wes or Novak or even fringe guys like Blue, McNeal, Buycks, Zar, DJO, etc. He played at MU for 1 forgettable season and left as an unfinished product. Sure, he put up big numbers and was the best player on a mediocre team, but MU accomplished nothing with him on the roster. There was very little that was memorable about his season in blue and gold and, for whatever, he just doesn't move the MU Needle for me.

Perhaps I'm alone on this. Anyone else have any of that going on?

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »
Let me start by saying that I wish Henry the best in his NBA career. I hope he has a long, successful career and becomes a perennial All-Star. That said...

I feel no real connection to Henry as a Marquette alum. There's definitely not the same excitement and intrigue as for Wade or Butler or Crowder or Wes or Novak or even fringe guys like Blue, McNeal, Buycks, Zar, DJO, etc. He played at MU for 1 forgettable season and left as an unfinished product. Sure, he put up big numbers and was the best player on a mediocre team, but MU accomplished nothing with him on the roster. There was very little that was memorable about his season in blue and gold and, for whatever, he just doesn't move the MU Needle for me.

No doubt, he was a good player for MU, not great.  To short a stint.  Maybe there was a game or two he was really good, majority not.  I just remember all those ill
advised 3's he kept taking and missing.   

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »

I'm with you. Welcome to the double-edged sword of 1 and Dones...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 12:09:38 PM »

I feel the exact same way down to the fringe players. I truly do wish him luck and am glad we have another name in the NBA but if I'm scrolling through games sometimes I'll stop to watch the Celtics or Dallas to see Crowder or Matthews. I won't be doing that with Henry
Maigh Eo for Sam

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 12:12:34 PM »

I feel very similar. I enjoyed watching Henry at MU and will remember a few of his games, but it is not the same as the other guys you mentioned. I bet that most here feel the same.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »
For me it's a little like what's her name who I might have dated 2-3 times 35 years ago only to stop calling because she was boring.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
It wasn't Hank's fault we didn't have the pieces around him to make a run. He's one of the most talented players to ever don a Marquette uniform and had one of the best freshman seasons in the history of Marquette basketball. I am very happy he chose to play his one year in college at Marquette.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
For me it's a little like what's her name who I might have dated 2-3 times 35 years ago only to stop calling because she was boring.

Does Chick know about her?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 12:39:52 PM »

Well said, Stache. 100% agree.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 12:43:34 PM »
I enjoyed watching him play but unfortunately for him my favorite memory will be beating a UW team that looked completely out of sorts right before Bo's resignation.

Unfortunately for Henry, he was a victim of poor timing as we would all have very different feelings about him personally if the team around him was better/created more memories. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:45:05 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

westcoastwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
Once the D-league starts (I believe two weeks from now is when pre-season games start)...he will be sent down.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 02:20:36 PM »
For me it's a little like what's her name who I might have dated 2-3 times 35 years ago only to stop calling because she was boring didn't put out.

Death on call

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2016, 05:09:44 PM »
MM nailed it.
No connection at all. Unlike the other NBA players, HE and fam never seemed to be playing for the name on the front of the jersey. Doubt we will see HE sporting MU gear.

Was it HE's fault the rest of the team just wasn't that good? No.
But he certainly knew the roster before he made a college choice.
Being allowed to be a star on a mediocre team was something that fit his plan on the road to the NBA.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 05:13:25 PM »
I feel the same way about HE.  Wish him well but not nearly as connected as JFB, Jae, DWade, etc.  I'll be watching the Bulls-Celtics tonight for my Warrior NBA fix!!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback