[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 12 of 20 from WI!  (Read 740 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: 12 of 20 from WI!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »
Something doesn't seem right here.  All of these are northern cities; maybe the snow has something to do with skewing the stats, but Wisconsin looks over-represented here.  I wonder if the statistics used in the methodology are reported differently by states... for example, consider the following:

Scenario A: Car A runs a red light and both hits Car B and kills its driver.  Driver A is sober, but the toxicology on Driver B indicates a BAC of 0.2
Scenario B: Car A is legally stopped at an intersection when Car B rear-ends Car A, killing the passenger in Car A.  Both drivers are completely sober but the deceased passenger had a BAC >0
Scenario C: Car A and Car B are involved in a minor collision that results in the death of a pedestrian who was intoxicated.  Both drivers were sober.

I don't know about other states, but in Wisconsin, all three of the above scenarios would be reported as an alcohol-related driving fatality.  If Wisconsin is the only one that reports alcohol-related fatalities so liberally, then that would certainly explain 12 of 20.  But having lived in several states outside Wisconsin, I can't say that the differences in drinking habits are on the magnitude that goes along with having every single one of your metro/metropolitan areas in the top 20.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 05:31:23 PM »
Have to agree with Benny. The results are 99% likely to be skewed by liberal statistics.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 07:25:13 PM »
this is such crap.  and no mention of alaska, new mexico?

hell, you know this is garbage when cudahay hey isn't somewhere on that list.   ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't