[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Practice, we're talking about #mubb practice  (Read 6169 times)

CrackedSidewalks

Practice, we're talking about #mubb practice

The season is almost here and regular practice has started so we have an action packed podcast for you. There was a practice held for season ticket holders and Marquette Madness is kind of a practice so we breakdown what we saw at practice and how that projects to this season. As a natural transition, we move to the Tim Gunn portion of the podcast to discuss the sartorial choices by Nike and MU around the new Marquette jerseys. Once we complete our review of MU fashion we move to an early ramp up to #BadgerHateWeek around Duane v Nigel and the student-athlete value proposition. Wrapping up the podcast, we go through recruiting news of players missed and potential commits still out there*. Enjoy!   *Since the pod was recorded French has committed to SLU, our breaking news track record is alive and well.    Download this episode (right click and save)
Source: Practice, we're talking about #mubb practice

jsglow

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Practice, we're talking about #mubb practice
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 01:22:06 PM »
Nice job Phil.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 01:29:52 PM »
I haven't seen the gold uniforms yet.  Does anyone have a picture of them?

Thanks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »
I haven't seen the gold uniforms yet.  Does anyone have a picture of them?

Thanks.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/789626760530833409

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:22:30 PM »
D'oh, could've really used this yesterday during the 7 hour drive home from Kentucky. Will listen later.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »
Oooh, I like the gold. Maybe my favorite so far. Thanks for posting.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 03:44:00 PM »
no bumble bee stripes kinda blows, but it's clean and fresh. I still think White is the best
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »
no bumble bee stripes kinda blows, but it's clean and fresh. I still think White is the best

There are lines in the blues that are faint but definitely look like bumble bees in person. It's as close as we can get "legally" I think
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »

hoooiee the baby blues!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 04:23:09 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 04:44:59 PM »
There are lines in the blues that are faint but definitely look like bumble bees in person. It's as close as we can get "legally" I think

Wow I can't remotely tell from the pictures. Oh well as long as they're on there in person!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »
Practice, we're talking about #mubb practice

The season is almost here and regular practice has started so we have an action packed podcast for you. There was a practice held for season ticket holders and Marquette Madness is kind of a practice so we breakdown what we saw at practice and how that projects to this season. As a natural transition, we move to the Tim Gunn portion of the podcast to discuss the sartorial choices by Nike and MU around the new Marquette jerseys. Once we complete our review of MU fashion we move to an early ramp up to #BadgerHateWeek around Duane v Nigel and the student-athlete value proposition. Wrapping up the podcast, we go through recruiting news of players missed and potential commits still out there*. Enjoy!   *Since the pod was recorded French has committed to SLU, our breaking news track record is alive and well.  <iframe src='https://www.podbean.com/media/player/rj72z-63dd42?from=yiiadmin' data-link='https://www.podbean.com/media/player/rj72z-63dd42?from=yiiadmin' height='100' width='100%' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' data-name='pb-iframe-player' ></iframe>  Download this episode (right click and save)

Source: Practice, we're talking about #mubb practice
This is an excellent podcast. Does a great job of covering all the news.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 08:57:20 AM »
Where does the (podcast's) belief come from that these jerseys are only for one year? Did I miss something? I find it hard to believe that Jumpan would make a full set of jerseys for Marquette for only one year. If that's the case, I would have found it more likely they would have just created a special alternate jersey to wear to honor the past...not 4 of them.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 10:13:05 AM »
Where does the (podcast's) belief come from that these jerseys are only for one year? Did I miss something? I find it hard to believe that Jumpan would make a full set of jerseys for Marquette for only one year. If that's the case, I would have found it more likely they would have just created a special alternate jersey to wear to honor the past...not 4 of them.

I thought the same thing. It's unlikely they would refresh the look again after one year. Even less likely they would go back to the 15-16 jerseys in 17-18.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »
They thought the jerseys were specially made for MU's 100th season and that is why they reflected MU's history.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 12:02:57 PM »

Hmm...and UNC can enroll players in fake classes and get away with it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »
Bilsu is correct it's somewhat based on it being a 100 yr anniversary set. Additionally there seemed to be some reference to one year jerseys from Brian Hardin that I can't find now.

I bet the championship blue jerseys stick around multiple years but I think we revert to Jumpman jerseys next year
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 01:07:36 PM »
Highly doubt we revert back to jumpman, maybe we don't have these specific jerseys but almost no way we revert. Those are stale and everyone and their mother has a style similar now. I think they'll likely change the untucked homage on this jersey and that'll be our new jersey going forward.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »
TL;DL

;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
Highly doubt we revert back to jumpman, maybe we don't have these specific jerseys but almost no way we revert. Those are stale and everyone and their mother has a style similar now. I think they'll likely change the untucked homage on this jersey and that'll be our new jersey going forward.

Yeah, I can't imagine they would change after just one year...much less revert back to the old jerseys. Think there could be some tweaks to it (like the tweaks made in 2010ish), but I'd be very surprised if this is not essentially what our jerseys are for the next 4-6 years.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

feedback