[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Season Ticket Holders Practice  (Read 4984 times)

NotAnAlum

• All American
Season Ticket Holders Practice
« on: October 21, 2016, 09:06:54 PM »
Just got back from the practice. 
Markus looked really good.  Tough defense. Nice baseline drive with a reverse to score.  Hit some 3s.  Overall looked ready to play.
Traci had a pretty good game as well.  Form on his shot looked good.  Made a couple 3s.
Rowsey was not the deadly shooter I expected but may have been an off night.  Katin didn't show much.
It wasn't a full game scrimmage but more a series of situations.  Still a nice event.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Season Ticket Holders Practice
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »
How was attendance?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
Rowsey looked like he had heavy legs and was sluggish.  As Wojo pointed out, tonight was the team's 4th practice in 2 days.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »
How was attendance?

Well attended, although I'm not good at crowd estimates. 

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »
How was attendance?
1 sideline of the lower bowl pretty much filled.  I'd guess 1600
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:27:48 PM by NotAnAlum »

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 09:20:23 PM »
Many more people than the Fish Fry/ Haunted Hoops scrimmage that 200 people showed up at the Al McGuire Center in years past.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 11:03:08 PM »
It was a bigger crowd than I thought would be there.

The lack of height is discouraging, but the improved speed and outside shooting is very encouraging. Everyone was drilling from deep. Don't have to worry too much about rebounds if you make the shots.

Did anyone else notice the body transformation on Duane?  All the talk has been about Heldt, but I'm not sure if Duane left the weight room all off season. He just looks a lot stronger and more mature.

I'm excited for this year. We haven't had this many shooters since the lazar era.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 12:40:33 AM »
How was attendance?
I think marquette basketball tweeted that it was 1,100. So pretty solid showing

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 07:58:07 AM »
Everyone was drilling from deep. Don't have to worry too much about rebounds if you make the shots.

I'm excited for this year. We haven't had this many shooters since the lazar era.

I didn't see that.  Rowsey and Reinhardt are supposed to be two top notch shooters, but I didn't see much out of either of them.  Small sample size perhaps

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 12:46:30 PM »
They were drilling from deep in the first part were they ran offensive plays and there were no defenders. during the five on five Rienhardt & Rowsey were busts last night.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »
They were drilling from deep in the first part were they ran offensive plays and there were no defenders. during the five on five Rienhardt & Rowsey were busts last night.

How many seed lines does that drop us?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
How many seed lines does that drop us?
None, we are not a tournament team.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »

Are they still on the team? Need to cut dead weight to survive.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »
Are they still on the team? Need to cut dead weight to survive.
I do not know why you guys cannot read the part that says "last night". It has nothing to do with the rest of the season.
In the part where they played the situation where the team was down with 5 seconds to go. The first try Katlin failed to get the ball in and got called for 5 seconds. The second or third try Rowsey missed an open three that bounce up and over the back board. They did not successfully execute in those drills and did not do much otherwise. Hauser and Howard were much more impressive. A different scrimage it might be the exact opposite, but last night they busts.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
I do not know why you guys cannot read the part that says "last night". It has nothing to do with the rest of the season.
In the part where they played the situation where the team was down with 5 seconds to go. The first try Katlin failed to get the ball in and got called for 5 seconds. The second or third try Rowsey missed an open three that bounce up and over the back board. They did not successfully execute in those drills and did not do much otherwise. Hauser and Howard were much more impressive. A different scrimage it might be the exact opposite, but last night they busts.

What does it matter if they were busts last night? You already said we are not a tourney team. So why keep posting or commenting. People like you must live sad lives.
Everything is always bad. Nothing is ever good.  :'(

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 05:07:09 PM »
For the life of me I don't understand why bilsu wastes his time and money following the team.  He bitched even when they were winning during the Buzz era.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 07:05:04 PM »
I do not know why you guys cannot read the part that says "last night".

Maybe because in this same thread you are posting things like:

So while you didn't make a comment on the season in that post, we are all well aware of your thoughts about this season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »
Maybe because in this same thread you are posting things like:

So while you didn't make a comment on the season in that post, we are all well aware of your thoughts about this season.
That was in response to the person that posted how many seeds did that practice cost us. Everyone knows that a practice does not have an effect on seeding. I gave that poster the answer he deserved.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »

Not a single game of the 2016-17 season has been played. The NCAA tournament selection committee has yet to meet for the first time. As of this moment, no automatic bids have been earned. Not one at-large invitation has been extended.

So Marquette is in fact not a tournament team. No argument there. Neither is Duke. Or Kentucky. Or Kansas. Or Villanova, Michigan State, North Carolina, Virginia, Wisconsin, Xavier...
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 12:32:28 PM »
We took our three kids and had our oldest son bring a friend on Friday night.   All 4 kids walked away as happy as can be from the practice.  Every player was extremely engaging and friendly with the fans.  Really, really nice kids on this team.  It was a very well done event by MU.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

feedback