[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Very interesting might give clues to starting lineup  (Read 18593 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Very interesting might give clues to starting lineup
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2016, 08:40:42 PM »
Also, where does the bad free throw shooter come from? He was 75% from the line last year which is serviceable. Can't wait until Traci plays close to 30 minutes a game next year. Our offense was at its best when he was in the game.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2016, 08:42:04 PM »

Back to the point, carter....can't hit FTs.

Carter shot well from the line as a freshman. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2016, 08:16:05 AM »
Early prediction, we shoot almost 5% higher this year than last.  Predicting 38.5%.

Not saying you are wrong, but that would make us a top 25 3pt shooting team.

If you are correct and we can rebound a little bit....definitely dancing.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2016, 10:11:52 AM »
Henry was a bad 3 pt shooter and yet he continued to throw them up with the second most attempts on the team.  Just swapping his attempts for Katin's will raise the team average by almost 2%.  Add a year of experience to the other guys plus Rowsey plus more maturity in point guard play and adding another 3% is within reason.
I don't think scoring will be the 2016-17 team's problem.  Much more concerned about being able to stop the other team.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2016, 10:16:54 AM »
Henry was a bad 3 pt shooter and yet he continued to throw them up with the second most attempts on the team.  Just swapping his attempts for Katin's will raise the team average by almost 2%.  Add a year of experience to the other guys plus Rowsey plus more maturity in point guard play and adding another 3% is within reason.
I don't think scoring will be the 2016-17 team's problem.  Much more concerned about being able to stop the other team.

I don't think they'll have issues with defense in the sense that they can keep teams from getting really good looks....it'll be in rebounding shots after decent looks that is of concern. The stat to watch this season will be second chance points, that will tell the tale.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:16:14 AM by mu03eng »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »
Not saying you are wrong, but that would make us a top 25 3pt shooting team.

Further, we may project at a higher 3FGA/FGA% than most of those top 25...

5% higher 3FG%? I'd take it (nh)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2016, 11:55:10 AM »
38.5% would tie us with duke for 24th best in the country last year.

Wojo to duke confirmed...

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2016, 01:52:30 PM »
I don't think they'll have issues with defense in the sense that they can keep teams from getting really good looks....it'll be in rebounding shots after decent looks that is of concern. The stat to watch this season will be second chance points, that will tell the tale.
If teams are mostly shooting outside shots then a guard heavy lineup should be able to rebound in space, in fact we could be better off by being "quicker to the ball".  My concern is that our guys allow too much penetration (as they have in the past) and then even if the first try doesn't go in the other team gets 2nd and 3rd shots along with "and ones".  That and bigger teams just living in the post against us.  Thankfully there aren't a lot of teams these days built around low post offense.
Regardless I think we'll see a lot more high scoring games.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »
If teams are mostly shooting outside shots then a guard heavy lineup should be able to rebound in space, in fact we could be better off by being "quicker to the ball".  My concern is that our guys allow too much penetration (as they have in the past) and then even if the first try doesn't go in the other team gets 2nd and 3rd shots along with "and ones".  That and bigger teams just living in the post against us.  Thankfully there aren't a lot of teams these days built around low post offense.
Regardless I think we'll see a lot more high scoring games.

You aren't wrong, and I think there will be some very exciting games at the BC this year if offense is your thing.

feedback