[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who will have the better senior year

Katin Reinhardt
15 (13%)
JJJ
54 (47%)
Luke Fischer
46 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: Senior Seasons  (Read 16394 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Senior Seasons
« on: October 11, 2016, 08:27:28 AM »
Personally I think JJJ will have a breakout season. IF Luke doesn't get into foul trouble he could have a great season. And Reinhardt had a solid season last year, hopefully he can have a even better season this year.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Senior Seasons
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 08:39:48 AM »
Luke.  He'll play big minutes.  JJJ and Katin are going to get caught up in numbers.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:47:41 AM »

Katin
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »
Luke.  He'll play big minutes.  JJJ and Katin are going to get caught up in numbers.

This exactly. We know Luke will play 28+ minutes every night that he's not in foul trouble. Not sure you can say that about anyone else on the roster.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »
This exactly. We know Luke will play 28+ minutes every night that he's not in foul trouble. Not sure you can say that about anyone else on the roster.

Sacar.  No one will notice though.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 10:37:30 AM »
JJJ, Luke will miss Henry.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 10:42:16 AM »
JJJ, Luke will miss Henry.

So you say Luke will miss Hank and in another thread you say Cheatham will miss Hank, but here you seem to suggest JJJ won't.  What makes JJJ better prepared to deal with the loss of Hank while Luke and Cheatham will suffer?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
So you say Luke will miss Hank and in another thread you say Cheatham will miss Hank, but here you seem to suggest JJJ won't.  What makes JJJ better prepared to deal with the loss of Hank while Luke and Cheatham will suffer?

Maybe he's wording it like a newspaper headline?

"JJJ, Luke will miss Henry" so as to say "JJJ and Luke will miss Henry."

I don't think that's what he is doing, but scoop is weird.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 12:45:32 PM »

The one argument would be that JJ is the highest usage returning player on this list. While Luke relies on Henry's physical presence and Cheatham was maybe overshadowed as a freshman, might JJ benefit by getting more shot opportunities?

Not endorsing the thought process, but I understand the logic behind it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 03:15:39 PM »
Sacar.  No one will notice though.

I forgot that he picked up 60 credits this summer.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 03:27:59 PM »
Henry was able to pass the ball to Luke. Some of the best plays last year were Henry passing to Luke as he broke to the basket. Maybe having outside shooters on the floor will mitigate this, but that remains to be seen.  Also, Henry could cover the opposing center on defense to help protect Luke when he was in foul trouble. Will JJJ miss Hank? I would guess all of the players will miss Hank, but I do not think JJJ's game was effected as much by Hank as Cheatham's was as JJJ had more offensive skills. Cheatham only had two offensive options in that he could either take the three or drive all the way to the basket. Of course that is my opinion and you do not have to agree with it.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 04:55:10 AM »
I forgot that he picked up 60 credits this summer.

He only took the easy credits.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:20 AM »
Henry was able to pass the ball to Luke. Some of the best plays last year were Henry passing to Luke as he broke to the basket. Maybe having outside shooters on the floor will mitigate this, but that remains to be seen.  Also, Henry could cover the opposing center on defense to help protect Luke when he was in foul trouble. Will JJJ miss Hank? I would guess all of the players will miss Hank, but I do not think JJJ's game was effected as much by Hank as Cheatham's was as JJJ had more offensive skills. Cheatham only had two offensive options in that he could either take the three or drive all the way to the basket. Of course that is my opinion and you do not have to agree with it.

Let's hope he worked on his inside the arc shooting. If he can do that it would make it so much easier for Luke inside.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »

I read this every year but ultimately 8 players play major minutes and the others play spot minutes. JJJ will play 25+, he's the best scorer on the team and plays solid defense. Its going to be Howard or Carter & Cohen or Hauser. All 4 of those guys will not see major minutes. Personally, I think it will be Hauser and Howard by the time conference starts.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 11:56:25 AM »
Maybe he's wording it like a newspaper headline?

"JJJ, Luke will miss Henry" so as to say "JJJ and Luke will miss Henry."

I don't think that's what he is doing, but scoop is weird.

Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Eats shoots and leaves.

#Commas,matter.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 12:10:03 PM »
I read this every year but ultimately 8 players play major minutes and the others play spot minutes. JJJ will play 25+, he's the best scorer on the team and plays solid defense. Its going to be Howard or Carter & Cohen or Hauser. All 4 of those guys will not see major minutes. Personally, I think it will be Hauser and Howard by the time conference starts.

Pre-season will tell Wojo who deserves time or not.  Hauser and Howard will be part of the 8.  Heldt will get PT time so maybe 9.  I see Cohen, Sacar as the buttom
2, not sure who 10th player will be.  Carter might play himself into that spot, if not, 10 will play.  Wojo will have a tough decision but it will be played out in practice.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 12:17:24 PM »
Luke's stats with Henry and without him are remarkably similar.

Oddly enough he rebounded  little better with Henry then the year before without him....could have been just because he got stronger. No way to know for sure.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/66611/luke-fischer

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 12:22:52 PM »
If Jajuan can build on what he did throughout the conference schedule last season, he could be the star of this team.

He's got a great inside-outside game β€” able to slash and either beat a defender or draw contact and finish, pull up from 10-15 feet, or shoot the open three. That versatility makes him very tough to defend. He also sees the court well and is a willing passer. On defense, he's already one of our team's best at disrupting passing lanes. Rebounding shows room for improvement with a little extra strength.

I wouldn't be surprised if JJJ doubles his SoG tally from a year ago.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »
I read this every year but ultimately 8 players play major minutes and the others play spot minutes.

I agree with this but I wonder if this year will be different. One of the best ways to overcome lack of size is high pressure defense and high octane offense built in transition. This requires either players with great stamina or deep benches. I agree with others when they say we don't have any "star" players on this team. But I do think we are the deepest team in the conference. Maybe running 10 or 11 deep would work for this team.

If you look at positions, Markus, Traci, Reinhardt, Hauser, Luke, and Heldt almost seemed guarenteed minutes due to the need for PGs, PFs, and Cs. That's six players right there. Are two of Duane, Haanif, Rowsey, Sandy, Sacar, and JJJ really going to be the only ones getting minutes?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »
I agree with this but I wonder if this year will be different. One of the best ways to overcome lack of size is high pressure defense and high octane offense built in transition. This requires either players with great stamina or deep benches. I agree with others when they say we don't have any "star" players on this team. But I do think we are the deepest team in the conference. Maybe running 10 or 11 deep would work for this team.

If you look at positions, Markus, Traci, Reinhardt, Hauser, Luke, and Heldt almost seemed guarenteed minutes due to the need for PGs, PFs, and Cs. That's six players right there. Are two of Duane, Haanif, Rowsey, Sandy, Sacar, and JJJ really going to be the only ones getting minutes?

There's a difference between having depth and just having a bunch of guys at the same position.

I really don't see the minutes distribution being all that different than last season. Henry's 33+ minutes will need to be divvied out but Heldt will get about 10-12 of those. JJJ may see a few more minutes and Reinhardt with get 20-25, which likely cuts into Sandy's PT. Howard may end up taking some of Carter's time, but I don't seem major contributions this season from Hauser, Rowsey or Sacar.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if JJJ doubles his SoG tally from a year ago.

Well now that Henry won't be getting all the easy SoTG's - JJJ is virtually a lock.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »
I remember the good old days, when this thread was about seniors having good seasons.

I agree Luke and JJJ will, and I hope Katin will, too.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »
There's a difference between having depth and just having a bunch of guys at the same position.

I really don't see the minutes distribution being all that different than last season. Henry's 33+ minutes will need to be divvied out but Heldt will get about 10-12 of those. JJJ may see a few more minutes and Reinhardt with get 20-25, which likely cuts into Sandy's PT. Howard may end up taking some of Carter's time, but I don't seem major contributions this season from Hauser, Rowsey or Sacar.

I think Hauser gets 10-15 mpg and Rowsey gets over 20 mpg.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 01:23:11 PM »

Yeah I agree, expect both to play a ton. Sam doesn't really have a weakness, and Rowsey looked like he could function as a PG (in the madness environment at least). Howard can play off the ball and is great catch and shoot. So I expect Rowsey/Traci to get a lot of minutes at PG.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 01:28:17 PM »

Yeah I agree, expect both to play a ton. Sam doesn't really have a weakness, and Rowsey looked like he could function as a PG (in the madness environment at least). Howard can play off the ball and is great catch and shoot. So I expect Rowsey/Traci to get a lot of minutes at PG.

MU only loses 33.5 minutes/game. Heldt will get some as the only other big. Reinhardt wasn't brought in to sit on the bench and if JJJ's last half of the season was for real, his minutes will increase.

So whose minutes are going to decrease significantly from last season?

Cheatham 29.5
Wilson 28.5
Fischer 28.2
Carter 23.9
JJJ 23.7
Cohen 23.3
Heldt 5.1 (20 G)
Anim 4.9 (17 G)

feedback