[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Years madness was actually cool?  (Read 18636 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Years madness was actually cool?
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2016, 06:43:03 PM »
Oh, you mean the super secret board.

Shhh, you werent supposed to mention that. It was nice knowing ya Tower.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2016, 06:56:30 PM »
Shhh, you werent supposed to mention that. It was nice knowing ya Tower.

Alas, poor Tower! I knew him, Chitown, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. My gorge rises at it...

Death on call

Goose

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2016, 07:32:23 PM »
Keefe

Over in Asia by chance? Have a couple of nights in HK over next couple of weeks and if you were here and free would love to meet for dinner/drinks.

Babybluejeansfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2016, 08:58:56 PM »
Exhibit A:

Again, if you posted here regularly, you wouldn't have to ask why "he" ruffled feathers. I didn't respond initially because I figured the question was inane and rhetorical enough to ignore. Didn't think you needed a literal response.

I know why he ruffled feathers, but that isn't what I said. Any number of 50 people here ruffle feathers.  You bolded what I actually said.

"What are the horrible values he has that are any different than anyone else on this message board?"   His values are shared by any number of members here and Americans.  How are they any more horrible than anyone else's?  That was what I asked.

Babybluejeansfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2016, 09:02:49 PM »
Chicos is having trouble keeping his multiple personalities all in order.

This is terrific.  A few weeks ago I came back, immediately was labeled as Chicos and banned. No warning. Banned.  All because someone said I was Chicos.  Makes you wonder how many other decent people have been banned because someone is incorrectly labeled.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:21 PM »
I know why he ruffled feathers, but that isn't what I said. Any number of 50 people here ruffle feathers.  You bolded what I actually said.

"What are the horrible values he has that are any different than anyone else on this message board?"   His values are shared by any number of members here and Americans.  How are they any more horrible than anyone else's?  That was what I asked.

This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2016, 11:16:57 PM »
This is terrific.  A few weeks ago I came back, immediately was labeled as Chicos and banned. No warning. Banned.  All because someone said I was Chicos.  Makes you wonder how many other decent people have been banned because someone is incorrectly labeled.

I've very confident that no "decent people" have been banned.  So, a couple questions...

1) Why are you always logging in with a VPN?
2) Why are you using the same VPN that chicos was using?

I mean, you're a "decent person" with nothing to hide right?  Show us your real IP address.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:01 PM »

LOL. Next you'll be telling us "It's not what is said around here, it's who says it". Got to admit I laughed when you congratulated one of tour other aliases (Badgerhoney) on an excellent post in the thread on NFL ratings. The was honestly funny.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2016, 12:37:04 AM »
LOL. Next you'll be telling us "It's not what is said around here, it's who says it". Got to admit I laughed when you congratulated one of tour other aliases (Badgerhoney) on an excellent post in the thread on NFL ratings. The was honestly funny.

I really hope Badgerhoney isn't Chicos. Pretending to be black to try and claim some sort of credibility in a discussion about race is...well...I don't know if I have an adjective for that....but it's not good
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2016, 05:29:54 AM »
I really hope Badgerhoney isn't Chicos. Pretending to be black to try and claim some sort of credibility in a discussion about race is...well...I don't know if I have an adjective for that....but it's not good
An adjective?    'Chicos-esque'.      Chicos gotta chico. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
Chico is a bigot as simple as that....
Goal is National Championship

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »
Chico is a bigot as simple as that....

bigot: a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.

Hmm...I guess we all fit that definition.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2016, 12:39:30 PM »
bigot: a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.

Uh, what?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »

No I can be extremely tolerant until you get personal, like he often does for no reason. Once he has no other option at defending his point of view. I will let go once discussion comes to that, but he seems to enjoy it. And now knowing about the PM he sent confirms it. But whatever no problem what you think.
Goal is National Championship

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »

For someone who insists he isn't Chicos, you sure do want to discuss and defend him.  What a pathetic ass.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2016, 02:16:02 PM »
Keefe

Over in Asia by chance? Have a couple of nights in HK over next couple of weeks and if you were here and free would love to meet for dinner/drinks.

Goose

Hunkered down in Redmond on an IoT malloc platform we are building out. There are some hardware components that will take me to Shenzhen but that will be in Q1.

Funnily enough I was just extolling to colleagues the virtues of Cleveland Szechuan in Causeway Bay. It was one of the greats.

If you haven't tried Fook Lam Moon in Wanchai I encourage you to do so. Exquisite.

Safe travels, Joe.

Death on call

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2016, 02:16:15 PM »
Not sure what you mean by this. Chico has actual experience working in the athletic departments of three epicenters of college basketball excellence. Combine that with decades spent inside the business of sports media which gives him a compelling perspective on our common passion that few others have.

No one argued with Jamie more than I. But I always knew that part of his schtick was to offer a contrarian view on a range of issues which fostered discussion and facilitated insight.

Scoop was characterized by free form debate which differentiated it from Dodds' insistence on strict adherence to the party polemic. For whatever reason, Scoop has lost much of its luster through a purging of intellectual honesty.

Thought provoking discussion has given way to the vapid shilling of a few banal topics by a relatively small number of people.

I applaud the founders of this site for their initiative in starting Scoop but the unmitigated exercise of authority almost always results in what Edmund Burke termed, "a very tepid tea."

You crack me up Keefe.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2016, 02:19:50 PM »
I used to post here often, then stopped.  Came back a week or so ago and was banned for some stupid reason.  What are the horrible values he has that are any different than anyone else on this message board?

That's funny because your profile said you registered 10 days ago.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2016, 02:26:31 PM »
You all realize this is exactly what he wants? Right? 

Also find it ironic all these people are clamoring for Chicos to come back when he never actually left. If he actually abided by the ban, I'd be more sympathetic regarding his return.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
You crack me up Keefe.

So...I still got it?

Death on call