collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will The Cubs Win The World Series?

Yes
27 (32.5%)
No
56 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: The Official Cubs Win The World Series Thread  (Read 88460 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs Win The World Series Thread
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2016, 12:56:26 PM »
Is there still an umpire behind homeplate who's relaying the robo ump's calls? How does he get this info? How is the strike zone set? Is the robo ump re-programmed between batters? Do you use the same strike zone for Jose Altuve that you'd use for Aaron Judge?

Other than the Altuve question, the rest of logistics. As for Altuve, yes. The strike zone would exist in the same manner as it does now, but without any human variability.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2016, 01:04:31 PM »
Other than the Altuve question, the rest of logistics. As for Altuve, yes. The strike zone would exist in the same manner as it does now, but without any human variability.

Who sets the strike zone for each batter? There's still going to be some human variability.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »
You are being a whiny Cub fan.  Here is the data to prove it.

Andrew Miller

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?month=10&day=25&year=2016&game=gid_2016_10_25_chnmlb_clemlb_1%2F&pitchSel=453192&prevGame=gid_2016_10_25_chnmlb_clemlb_1%2F&prevDate=1025&league=mlb

Kluber
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?month=10&day=25&year=2016&game=gid_2016_10_25_chnmlb_clemlb_1%2F&pitchSel=446372&prevGame=gid_2016_10_25_chnmlb_clemlb_1%2F&prevDate=1025&league=mlb

Lester
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?month=10&day=25&year=2016&game=gid_2016_10_25_chnmlb_clemlb_1%2F&pitchSel=452657&prevGame=gid_2016_10_25_chnmlb_clemlb_1%2F&prevDate=1025&league=mlb

Looks like the ump was pretty solid, and the worst call of the night went Lester's way.  I would be willing to bet that pitch which was a foot and a half off the plate was strike 3 on Brandon Guyer.

I never said it cost the Cubs the game and even stated it affected the Indians as well.  Those charts are agnostic of time and situation as well, which is even more interesting than pure pitch tracking.  But sure, a fan of the losing team can never speak to anything that happened in the game without being a "whiner". GTFO

Ive also never seen one of those pitch charts where people go "the ump messed up".

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »
I never said it cost the Cubs the game and even stated it affected the Indians as well.  Those charts are agnostic of time and situation as well, which is even more interesting than pure pitch tracking.  But sure, a fan of the losing team can never speak to anything that happened in the game without being a "whiner". GTFO

Ive also never seen one of those pitch charts where people go "the ump messed up".

I never implied you said that.  You said you weren't whining about the strike zone.   I was curious so I looked it up.  Those charts seem to say that the ump was pretty good and pretty consistent all night. 

It actually looks like Miller got zero called strikes out of the strike zone.  And had a couple that should have been strikes go the other way. 

It appears the Kluber got 1.  And 1 that could have easily gone either way (probably the pitch to Bryant in the 1st).  He seems to only have lost 1 strike. 

Lester got 6 strikes that were clearly out of the zone.  He also lost 4 strikes that were called balls. 

The pitch data is what it is.  That is where the pitches were and how they were called.  It isn't saying anymore than that.  The ump was a little more erratic on Lester (though he was consistent, the lost strikes were all at the top of the zone and the added strikes were all at the bottom) for whatever reason. 

The only reason to say the umpire was "trash" in that game is because you are whining.  His strike zone was not "huge" it was actually pretty accurate.  So it couldn't have been that different.  Kluber didn't get either side "generously".  He got 1 pitch that was off the plate called a strike.  It was to the RH batters box side. 

So you didn't just speak of something that happened in the game.  You seemed to state the the strike zone was bad and the ump was worse and that Kluber was given an advantage.  All of those things are just statistically, factually incorrect.  So please let me know, when does it become whining? 

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:05:59 PM by buckchuckler »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »
Should we be discussing Maddon's decision to leave Schwarber - career .143/.213/.268  vs lefties - in to hit against Miller with two on and two out in the 8th?
Maddon is a great manager and has more often than not pushed the right buttons, but that there was a questionable move.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2016, 02:51:42 PM »
Should we be discussing Maddon's decision to leave Schwarber - career .143/.213/.268  vs lefties - in to hit against Miller with two on and two out in the 8th?
Maddon is a great manager and has more often than not pushed the right buttons, but that there was a questionable move.

I was a bit surprised that he didn't pinch hit for Schwarber against Miller in the 7th, but Schwarber had a good at bat and drew a walk. Maddon must have liked what he saw in that AB.

Who would you rather have up in the 8th: Schwarber or Soler? Contreras and Almora were already in the game by that point.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
Surprisingly enough, I am not the one who compiled that data.  So there is no bias from me in there. 

You have now brought up the Sox twice in the last day.  That is interesting.  I thought cub fans didn't care about the Sox.
Cub fans suck.

I was poking fun at you because of how over sensitive you are.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:45:02 PM by buckchuckler »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2016, 04:14:21 PM »
I was a bit surprised that he didn't pinch hit for Schwarber against Miller in the 7th, but Schwarber had a good at bat and drew a walk. Maddon must have liked what he saw in that AB.

Who would you rather have up in the 8th: Schwarber or Soler? Contreras and Almora were already in the game by that point.

The numbers say go with Soler (.267/.345/.467 vs LHP), but, yeah, it's not necessarily an obvious choice.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2016, 07:01:55 PM »
What concerns me is that Arrieta hasn't not been sharp lately at all. Including the postseason, he has a 5.21 ERA over his last 8 starts and that includes 7 shutout innings against STL. Bauer hasn't been great lately either so it could be a slugfest tonight. Therefore, I'm predicting...Cubs 2, Indians 1  ;)

He has not been the same since the 'roids rumours this summer and he went off the juice.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2016, 07:06:03 PM »
He has not been the same since the 'roids rumours this summer and he went off the juice.

Bingo
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2016, 07:19:22 PM »
Eh, doubt it. He must have been tested sometime during his ridiculous second half. Hitters adjust, it's more control issues than looking tired also.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »

Or if you really want to know he's been overthrowing his body. He has been tested enough.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »
Eh, doubt it. He must have been tested sometime during his ridiculous second half. Hitters adjust, it's more control issues than looking tired also.

Or if you really want to know he's been overthrowing his body. He has been tested enough.

You guys do know unless you're an idiot like Braun was it's pretty easy to pass a PED drug test while still using PEDs right?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2016, 07:27:39 PM »
You guys do know unless you're an idiot like Braun was it's pretty easy to pass a PED drug test while still using PEDs right?

It reminds me of the Frank Thomas PED talks though. Just because someone is a freak athlete doesnt mean their juicing. All roids do for a pitcher is help them recover faster. It doesnt look like he is tired, he just has zero control on his pitches.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2016, 07:37:33 PM »
It reminds me of the Frank Thomas PED talks though. Just because someone is a freak athlete doesnt mean their juicing. All roids do for a pitcher is help them recover faster. It doesnt look like he is tired, he just has zero control on his pitches.

Control is the first thing to go when tired or fatigued.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2016, 07:54:54 PM »

I am am always doubtful when it comes to baseball players. When the MLB bans one substance, the next one takes its place and they're always finding ways to beat the system. Greenies to steroids to HGH to all the PEDs used now. I would be more surprised by all star baseball players who do it "naturally" than by those who use some kind of substance that is or should be banned. Heck Dee friggin Gordon got suspended for PED use. The guy is like 5'10" 150 lbs. and has 9 career home runs. Baseball players who DON'T use some sort of PED along the way have suuuuuch an up hill battle because all of their competition does.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #217 on: October 26, 2016, 08:22:41 PM »
I dont disagree with that. Dont think its nearly as bad as it was in the 90s, but I also think juicing is more prevalant in mediocre to poor players rather than studs.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2016, 08:26:53 PM »
So is he juicing again or no?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2016, 09:08:09 PM »

He was obviously juicing intermittently throughout tonight's game. You can tell because control. Or maybe fatigue. Maybe both.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2016, 09:16:06 PM »
He was obviously juicing intermittently throughout tonight's game. You can tell because control. Or maybe fatigue. Maybe both.

Hahah.  He's gotta use that time between innings somehow.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2016, 10:07:08 PM »
Hahah.  He's gotta use that time between innings somehow.

+1

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2016, 10:19:29 PM »
Much respect to Schwarber, kid busted his butt off to get back, not many can rake like him, happy for him, very genuine.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »
Much respect to Schwarber, kid busted his butt off to get back, not many can rake like him, happy for him, very genuine.

Amazing performance tonight. Justified his inclusion. Incredible to get his timing back that quick.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2016, 10:45:09 PM »

No.