[Today at 06:05:33 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Temperature of Wojo's Seat on April 4, 2017

April 4th? He's already gone.
5 (2.9%)
Real Chili Hot
20 (11.8%)
Lake Michigan in June
35 (20.6%)
State Street on a November Day
66 (38.8%)
0 Kelvin
44 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Author Topic: Wojo's Seat April 4, 2017  (Read 43422 times)

1SE

• All American
Wojo's Seat April 4, 2017
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:00:12 PM »
Go on record now.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

1SE

• All American
Re: Wojo's Seat April 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 04:03:53 PM »
An early exit from the NIT once again falls short of expectations, but not dramatically so - the consummate (just) underachiever. Seat temperature creeps up to Lake Michigan in June - mostly cool and refreshing but with that first hint of warmth.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:18:34 PM »
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »
Or we've had such a successful season he's sitting on the Iron Throne.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »
Zero Kelvin is reserved for Izzo, Roy Williams and Coach K. Really can't vote for absolute zero unless they're an absolute legend.

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 05:21:18 PM »
Let's do this after the 2019 season; I'm willing to give him a long rope.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
Welcome back MoM.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 05:44:27 PM »
MU admin is committed to him for the long haul.   Unless this team completely tanks for no apparent reason,  his seat remains refrigerated.   No matter how many threads you start.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
Im glad this wasn't a thread about what his butt might look like next spring, since some Scoopers are into posting pics....

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 06:08:08 PM »
Still another three years before it's even possible to have the slightest opinion of Wojo
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »
Im glad this wasn't a thread about what his butt might look like next spring, since some Scoopers are into posting pics....

Probably wet, if he's sitting in an ice chair until then.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 07:47:59 PM »
This is year three. It sucks but we're giving him five seasons before they're tossing him out. They'll judge based on how he does with a team entirely packed with his players. (And Sandy I suppose)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 07:57:01 PM »
This is year three. It sucks but we're giving him five seasons before they're tossing him out. They'll judge based on how he does with a team entirely packed with his players. (And Sandy I suppose)

Feels like year five - time to have fun again.  Did you all see the Facebook pics of the first practice? 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 08:09:26 PM »
Zero Kelvin is reserved for Izzo, Roy Williams and Coach K. Really can't vote for absolute zero unless they're an absolute legend.

Or Wojo, if Marquette gets to the final four.

I went for state street in November.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:11:11 PM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 09:56:54 PM »
I'll reserve judgment until this season is over. I'm giving Coach  Wojo the benefit of the doubt.

Hope everyone else does too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 09:59:04 PM »
I'll go on record to say this is more silliness.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Eye

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 05:19:21 AM »
I'd probably be harder on this than most and still voted for State Street. Not his fault yet, but 1st time in my lifetime MU has not been in postseason for three straight years. That needs to end this year.
GO WARRIORS!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 06:46:30 AM »
I'll go on record to say this is more silliness.

And hand wringing, scrunched up butt cheeks, wrinkled brow, facial contortions, restless legs, pencil tapping...allllll to wait and see if...???

We basically have a whole new look team with a couple of potential stud-like ballers and some real intrigue on paper.  Got to let it play out boys(and girl). We may end up living and dying with the run and gun and the 3 because we sure as hell ain't gonna be pounding it inside. Meet the revived "west coast" offense?  We are going to have to "out-quick" our opponents.  Well that, and score more points than them, ' ey 'ey?
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 09:02:36 AM »
Truth is .. the bottom has fallen out of MUBB expectations. 

Five years ago, you could find threads on Scoop that talked about legit expectations .. be in the top 64 / make the dance at least 4 out of 6 years .. make it to the 2nd weekend or farther in 2 out of 6.  We weren't elite, but had a solid, performing program year after year where missing both the dance and NIT were unthinkable.

Not so much any more, it's normal to watch 96 other teams play in March.  Wojo is safe for at least 3 more seasons, excepting player scandals.   And even then, I think it's a good bet we'll have a decent season in that mix, prolonging the Wojo era.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 09:06:56 AM »
I said 0 Kelvin because I firmly believe the bottom won't fall out this year. Even if we disappoint and go 14-17, that won't be bad enough to get him fired. They'll at least give him one more year with his own players. So yeah...0 Kelvin. No chance whatsoever he gets fired on April 4, 2017, barring some major scandal.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 09:12:25 AM »

Five years ago, you could find threads on Scoop that talked about legit expectations .. be in the top 64 / make the dance at least 4 out of 6 years .. make it to the 2nd weekend or farther in 2 out of 6.  We weren't elite, but had a solid, performing program year after year where missing both the dance and NIT were unthinkable.

Well said. 

Luckily all this time & trajectory of improvement 'stuff' is almost over and I am sure everyone is tired of talking about it.  Its results time from here forward.  My expectations are at a bare minimum this year (NIT) so plenty of room to get me enthusiastic about the product on the floor again. 

If we are talking the same way this time next year it may make sense just for me to go away until things change because no sense in banging your head against a wall.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 09:21:57 AM »
Luckily all this time & trajectory of improvement 'stuff' is almost over and I am sure everyone is tired of talking about it.  Its results time from here forward.  My expectations are at a bare minimum this year (NIT) so plenty of room to get me enthusiastic about the product on the floor again.

Maybe it's the hope springs eternal nature of preseason, but I am really liking what Wojo is doing, especially with this current recruiting class. Sure, we missed out on Tillman, but the staff identified a clear lack of tough bigs on our roster last year and has worked their asses off to correct it with this class.

When Wojo arrived, we didn't have shooters, we didn't have rebounders, we simply didn't have players. Considering Buzz's recruiting reputation and the hard-nosed rep his teams developed, it's amazing what he left behind. The guys that were talented (Jajuan, Deonte) weren't tough, and the guys that were tough (Derrick, Juan) weren't that talented.

I think there's only one guy that Buzz left behind that, as they were at that time, would improve this team. That says volumes about how far we fell, but also how far we've come. Personally, I really like Cheatham, Carter, and Heldt going forward. I can't wait to watch Reinhardt, Rowsey, Howard, and Hauser. And I think Wojo has done great with guys like Fischer, Duane, and Jajuan that were left behind. And looking ahead, thinking about those young guys growing up and seeing through recruiting how the coach is already adapting his style to the requirements of this league, I'm excited.

We're not there yet, but I think we're a lot closer than some might realize.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 09:23:11 AM »

That's what happens when you're in the CUSA v2

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 09:58:32 AM »

Not so much any more, it's normal to watch 96 other teams play in March.  Wojo is safe for at least 3 more seasons, excepting player scandals.   And even then, I think it's a good bet we'll have a decent season in that mix, prolonging the Wojo era.

While I completely agree that Wojo has a long leash, I really don't think the long term expectations have changed.  Given the coin the university spends, regular (like almost every year) NCAA appearances are the standard.  Our failure to meet that standard in recent years (mostly not Wojo's fault) has already pretty dramatically impacted attendance.  Mike Lovell has a keen sense of the overall importance of basketball and an even better sense that this is a performance driven business.  He absolutely expects Wojo to win with the resources that are available.  I also think he still firmly believes that Wojo is totally up to the task evidenced by the progress made to date.