collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryder cup talk  (Read 3213 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Ryder cup talk
« on: September 30, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »
Spieth/Reed looking good. Expect them to play together rest of the weekend.

Dustin picking up where he left off.

copious1218

• All American
Re: Ryder cup talk
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »
4 points in the AM session!  Excellent finishes by Mickelson/Fowler and Walker/Johnson.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:58:05 AM »
I was not a fan of the Walker/Johnson pairing. Nor a fan of playing Mickelson in any paired matches. Glad to be wrong.

I think you let these 8 keep playing. Or, switch out a whole team. Don't break any partners up

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »
I know it's early and I remember 2012 all too well as I was there.  But being down 4-0 right off the bat on the road, has got to be tough.  USA USA USA...
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
Too much f'ing traffic.  GO AWAY!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:23:04 PM »
This morning was awesome. Crowd was hot at 930am. Rickie was on point, bailed out Phil a lot. You could tell that Phils influence helped get his first full point in the Ryder. It was nice to see Rory get shutdown.

I do not like Zach Johnson, but him and Walker ended up dominating the back.

Spieth and Reed were on fire. Dusty and Kooch also a smart pairing.

I didn't get to watch afternoon. Holmes and Moore didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Can't believe Spieth/Reed and Dusty/Kooch struggled. Great to see Willet struggle, pricks.

9.5 points to go, let's go.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 09:37:27 PM »
I think DL3 is pushing his luck with Fowler/Mickelson Saturday morning. McIlroy/Pieters should win pretty easily.

Snedeker/Koepka a good pairing. I expect Stenson to falter.

Would like to see Moore with Walker, not Johnson. Rose/Wood team will be sneaky strong.

Match 4 should be epic for all sorts of reasons. Reed and Sergio may come to blows.

Disclaimer: Absolutely no scientific or data driven analytics behind these predictions. I'll miss the matches since will be golfing myself so long as the rain doesn't pummel me too hard at Cog Hill tomorrow morning.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 11:08:19 PM »
I could see reed putting poulter in a head lock. Maybe that's why he's not there? 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 08:06:49 AM »
Huge lines at 5:30 this morning.

Get off my lawn!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 08:19:31 AM »
I think DL3 is pushing his luck with Fowler/Mickelson Saturday morning. McIlroy/Pieters should win pretty easily.

Would like to see Moore with Walker, not Johnson. Rose/Wood team will be sneaky strong.

Match 4 should be epic for all sorts of reasons. Reed and Sergio may come to blows.

Disclaimer: Absolutely no scientific or data driven analytics behind these predictions. I'll miss the matches since will be golfing myself so long as the rain doesn't pummel me too hard at Cog Hill tomorrow morning.

Played Cog Hill for the first time Tuesday, course #1. Kinda rough shape, that normal?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »

Hope you had your rain gear.
But I like to throw handfuls...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 10:31:35 AM »
Besides the opening weekend of the NCAA Tournament, the only sporting event that can keep me in front of a TV for hours.  I've watched more of this already than all football combined this season.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »
unnatural carnal knowledgeing brutal

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »
Between yesterday afternoon, and this morning - especially Reed/spieth not holding on - Europeans gotta feel great.

I just don't see the US dominating singles on Sunday. Needed many more points from the pairings.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 04:07:48 PM »
And the beat down goes on.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »
Played Cog Hill for the first time Tuesday, course #1. Kinda rough shape, that normal?

Got 4 holes in before the deluge. Last played #1 about a month ago and was in good shape. All this rain may have taken a toll. Normally it is just above average condition wise.

Should have put some money on those first 2 matches!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 06:01:27 PM »
Wow.  Westwood looked like Derrick shooting free throws there.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 06:01:34 PM »
Westwood is defecting to the US next week.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 06:35:05 PM »
I really think Westwood and Spieth have to be paired up tomorrow just to see who isn't the one to walk off the course John Daly style to get the point for his team.
But I like to throw handfuls...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »
90% of the fans understand what the Ryder Cup is about and are doing what they should be.   There are just enough a-holes, however, to be a genuine embarrassment.     I am ashamed of and for some of these morons.   Anonymous troll/bullies, who revel in their anonymity to expose what total wastes of life and breath they are.   Pathetic.    Show an ounce of class. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »
90% of the fans understand what the Ryder Cup is about and are doing what they should be.   There are just enough a-holes, however, to be a genuine embarrassment.     I am ashamed of and for some of these morons.   Anonymous troll/bullies, who revel in their anonymity to expose what total wastes of life and breath they are.   Pathetic.    Show an ounce of class. 

This could be said for the last 4 Ryder Cups. It's the 1%. Cheering a wet shot, fine. Cheering a mediocre American shot, fine. Singing Sweet Caroline, funny. Yelling during a players setup, not cool.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 10:34:50 PM »
Between yesterday afternoon, and this morning - especially Reed/spieth not holding on - Europeans gotta feel great.

I just don't see the US dominating singles on Sunday. Needed many more points from the pairings.

I am very concerned with a few matchups and I especially don't like z Johnson with the hammer.  I like the guy, but come on man!  Would love to be in the room when the coaches do the matchups and the times.

Reed-mac. What a great show!  Hoping Patrick can silence this guy. 
Stenson-spieth,  stenson is running out of gas, spieth by a couple
Pieters-Holmes, pieters is the real deal-sorry jb
Rose-fowler,  Ricky has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, Ricky 2and 1
Walker-Cabrera depends on which jimmy shows up??
Garcia-mick,  oh-oh?  Garcia is relaxed as I've ever seen, mick doesn't look pissed off enough
Westwood-Moore, Moore can be sneaky good,but westy is a wiley veteran...??
Sully-sneds  sneds with the experience
Wood-d johnson this matchup surprised me. The dustinator will clean up
Wallet-koepka will the crowd get to willy?
Kaymer-koooooch,  respect em both USA USA USA
Fitz-zjohnson- the z man can wear ya down, just keeps hitting them straight down the middle 250

The crowd could be overdoing it allowing  the euros to play off it-chill hometeam and let the matches speak for themselves.  It's ok to be a little boisterous, but telling a guy to suck something is embarrassing.  Hope they slapped his pee-pee and put the dude in a cage with ed gein

http://www.espn.com/golf/rydercup16/story/_/id/17687167/2016-ryder-cup-fan-ejected-crude-comment-lodged-rory-mcilroy

In all fairness, I doubt the euro fans were or have been much better.  Ya ever see how those people take their soccer games?  Yes, we look like cro magnons, but this is like a few people out of many thousands.  Usually the crowds take care of these idiots within before the security is even needed

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 01:45:57 AM »
This could be said for the last 4 Ryder Cups. It's the 1%. Cheering a wet shot, fine. Cheering a mediocre American shot, fine. Singing Sweet Caroline, funny. Yelling during a players setup, not cool.

I saw something about this on the local news.  What happened?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 06:10:23 AM »
I saw something about this on the local news.  What happened?

Click my link above mac pointed out a guy that told him to suck his greg or something  and called security engaging him in a stare down

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
All I can say is thank God the Sunday morning news shows are over and we can focus on something important.

feedback