'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Learn About Seton Hall, With SHUHoops.com  (Read 2597 times)

mubbnation

• Walk-On
Learn About Seton Hall, With SHUHoops.com
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:53:17 PM »
We're speaking with ten bloggers or writers, each covering a different Big East hoops team. We did this so we could learn about each team from someone who knows them best.

Today, we have a conversation about Seton Hall basketball, with SHUHoops.com

https://marquettenation.com/2016/09/29/big-east-preview-seton-hall-with-shuhoops-com/

Almost forgot SHU finished 25-8, won Big East Tourney, and returns four starters. I wonder how much Whitehead's loss will affect them negatively.

fjm

• All American
Re: Learn About Seton Hall, With SHUHoops.com
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:56:14 PM »
We're speaking with ten bloggers or writers, each covering a different Big East hoops team. We did this so we could learn about each team from someone who knows them best.

https://marquettenation.com/2016/09/29/big-east-preview-seton-hall-with-shuhoops-com/

Almost forgot SHU finished 25-8, won Big East Tourney, and returns four starters. I wonder how much Whitehead's loss will affect them negatively.

Uuuuggggh do we HAVE to learn about them? Can't we just read about them while they complain after we've beaten them this season? 8-)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:10:40 PM »

Respect for both Seton Hall and Depaul's bloggers. They both wrote very honest write ups with no hint of homerism.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 02:46:55 PM »
Uuuuggggh do we HAVE to learn about them? Can't we just read about them while they complain after we've beaten them this season? 8-)
Given how they just physically dominated us last year I would not be betting on MU beating them. They are the opposite of MU when it comes to rebounding.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 03:23:34 PM »
Seton Hall did batter us around twice last year, but also remember this year's team is vastly different. If we get into a slugfest with them, they will beat us going away. However, in those two games last year, we shot 6/30 beyond the arc. That's some terrible long range shooting which should be aided by the additions of Reinhardt, Rowsey, Howard, and Hauser as well as hopefully improved shooting from our more experienced core of players. If we are making those shots instead of giving up uncontested rebounds to their interior monsters, we can play with them.

Personally, I think their blogger is underselling them. They have multiple options to offset the Whitehead loss. While he was at times fantastic, there were also times where he turned it over way too much (8 games with 5+ turnovers) and shot terribly from long range. I think they can be right back where they were. While I still have 'Nova and XU ahead of them, they are right there with Creighton as the next tier of challengers.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »
Nutter.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 04:40:32 PM »
Seton Hall did batter us around twice last year, but also remember this year's team is vastly different. If we get into a slugfest with them, they will beat us going away. However, in those two games last year, we shot 6/30 beyond the arc. That's some terrible long range shooting which should be aided by the additions of Reinhardt, Rowsey, Howard, and Hauser as well as hopefully improved shooting from our more experienced core of players. If we are making those shots instead of giving up uncontested rebounds to their interior monsters, we can play with them.

Personally, I think their blogger is underselling them. They have multiple options to offset the Whitehead loss. While he was at times fantastic, there were also times where he turned it over way too much (8 games with 5+ turnovers) and shot terribly from long range. I think they can be right back where they were. While I still have 'Nova and XU ahead of them, they are right there with Creighton as the next tier of challengers.

Last year not only was our shooting horrid, so was our rebounding and that was with Henry. Even if Reinhardt, Rowsey, Howard and Hauser can shoot the lights out which I doubt, teams will defend the perimeter because they will know we can't rebound.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »
Last year not only was our shooting horrid, so was our rebounding and that was with Henry. Even if Reinhardt, Rowsey, Howard and Hauser can shoot the lights out which I doubt, teams will defend the perimeter because they will know we can't rebound.

I would love it if teams just tried to defend the three point line against us. Especially big, physical teams like SHU. Our guards would blow by them all day long.

I'm not saying we'll beat them, but based on team makeup, this will be a completely different game than it was a year ago.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
I would love it if teams just tried to defend the three point line against us. Especially big, physical teams like SHU. Our guards would blow by them all day long.

I'm not saying we'll beat them, but based on team makeup, this will be a completely different game than it was a year ago.

Hope you are right. We'll see soon enough.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 12:06:46 AM »
Seton Hall will continue to be tough. I believe they will find a suitable replacement for Whitehead. They are a bad match up for our team, but if we somehow have a hot 3 point game we may be able to beat them.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire