[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Learn About Creighton, With Patrick Marshall of WhiteAndBlueReview.com  (Read 2347 times)

mubbnation

• Walk-On
We're speaking with ten bloggers or writers, each covering a different Big East hoops team. We did this so we could learn about each team from someone who knows them best.

Today, we have a conversation about Creighton hoops with the White and Blue Review, a Bluejays sports blog.

https://marquettenation.com/2016/09/25/big-east-preview-creighton-with-white-and-blue-review/

Question: What do you think of Creighton's self-analysis? They seem to be pretty low on Marquette (picked to finish seventh).

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Learn About Creighton, With Patrick Marshall of WhiteAndBlueReview.com
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 03:30:20 PM »
We're speaking with ten bloggers or writers, each covering a different Big East hoops team. We did this so we could learn about each team from someone who knows them best.

Today, we have a conversation about Creighton hoops with the White and Blue Review, a Bluejays sports blog.

https://marquettenation.com/2016/09/25/big-east-preview-creighton-with-white-and-blue-review/

Question: What do you think of Creighton's self-analysis? They seem to be pretty low on Marquette (picked to finish seventh).
I think their self analysis is sound, however, I believe they are underestimating the nature of the injuries and the amount of time to fully recover and compete at the highest level of D-1.

I do think Creighton is developing a reputation as one of the fun teams to watch play because of their style.  I have been to several of their  games  in Omaha and the atmosphere is great.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 06:09:23 PM »

What has MU done on the floor to refute that prediction?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 06:20:08 PM »
What has MU done on the floor to refute that prediction?

Absolutely nothing. I think the Gtown guy was generous picking us 5th.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »
I'm not sure what either Georgetown or Creighton has done on the floor to justify their bloggers' optimistic predictions.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »
I'm not sure what either Georgetown or Creighton has done on the floor to justify their bloggers' optimistic predictions.
Georgetown , nothing. Creighton was competitive throughout the year and has probably the best point guard in the Big East as well as lots of other returning talent.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:23:43 AM by Marquette Fan In NY »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »

Georgetown fans are maybe the most irrationally optimistic fans around. Remember the one who thought they were a potential one seed a year ago? JTIII has vastly underwhelmed there. If his last name was Jones he'd have been fired years ago. Suddenly they lose DSR, gain a high usage, low efficiency player from a terrible team, and they're going to challenge Villanova? Please. Better chance they're battling St John's to avoid a conference tourney play in game.

As far as Creighton, I'm with MUFINY. They were a few results away from being a tourney team last year and got stronger. I like them to finish top-4 in the league.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 11:58:37 PM »
Casual Hoya was overly optimistic (and a tad bit arrogant) to be sure, but they will have a good squad this year. Jonathan Mulmore averaged 26 points per game last season at the JUCO level. Could be the best BEast newcomer that no one is talking about.

I've got them finishing 5th. I could see them as high as 3rd or as low as 7th depending on how the pieces gel.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 07:03:46 AM »
Georgetown , nothing. Creighton came on strong at the end of last year and has probably the best point guard in the Big East as well as lots of other returning talent.

Creighton finished Big East play with a 1-5 record. I'm not sure that qualifies as coming on strong.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
Creighton finished Big East play with a 1-5 record. I'm not sure that qualifies as coming on strong.

Exactly. Creighton finished a whopping 1 game ahead of Marquette in the Big East standings at 9-9. That's sixth place, by the way. We split with them during the season. The same goes for Georgetown, who finished a game behind us in 8th place.

Butler, Creighton, Georgetown and Marquette — 4 teams that finished within 3 games of one another — have all added new talent, but none of them are proven in my opinion. The Big East might be wide open after Nova and Xavier.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 08:09:01 AM »
Exactly. Creighton finished a whopping 1 game ahead of Marquette in the Big East standings at 9-9. That's sixth place, by the way. We split with them during the season. The same goes for Georgetown, who finished a game behind us in 8th place.

Butler, Creighton, Georgetown and Marquette — 4 teams that finished within 3 games of one another — have all added new talent, but none of them are proven in my opinion. The Big East might be wide open after Nova and Xavier.

Agree, the middle portion of the conference is going to be completely wide open. Lets hope our young guys grow up faster than the others. I feel like three distinct tiers are forming in the conference

1a Nova
1b. X
3-7 Marquette, Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton, Georgetown
8-10: Providence, St. Johns, Depaul

Should be an interesting season.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 08:15:28 AM »
Agree, the middle portion of the conference is going to be completely wide open. Lets hope our young guys grow up faster than the others. I feel like three distinct tiers are forming in the conference

1a Nova
1b. X
3-7 Marquette, Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton, Georgetown
8-10: Providence, St. Johns, Depaul

Should be an interesting season.

Yup.  It all depends on how quickly the team gels and whether we can find 2 guys who can rebound and defend the 4.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 08:22:43 AM »
I will modify to say they were competitive all year.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback