[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chicago Alumni Basketball thing last night  (Read 10349 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Chicago Alumni Basketball thing last night
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if Rowsey needed work on defense. But if be surprised if Katin was that far behind. I've been lead to believe that he is a three and D type player.
Rowsey has been in the system for a year and Reinhardt is new to the system. So I could see Reinhardt being behind. Rowsey should already know the system. Based on this I have moved Howard ahead of Rowsey in my projection of playing time.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2016, 10:16:46 AM »
Rowsey has been in the system for a year and Reinhardt is new to the system. So I could see Reinhardt being behind. Rowsey should already know the system. Based on this I have moved Howard ahead of Rowsey in my projection of playing time.

Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2016, 10:59:26 AM »
Interesting well hope it works. I'm surprised I haven't gotten emailed about the young alumni tickets do you know if they're doing those again?

Yes.  You must call the ticket office.  Not available online.  5 year graduation threshold still applies.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2016, 11:04:42 AM »
Yes.  You must call the ticket office.  Not available online.  5 year graduation threshold still applies.

That fifth year I took will come in handy
Maigh Eo for Sam

source?

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »

Any idea how much those cost?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2016, 12:54:47 PM »

A C-note.  It also includes one free beer per game, so basically, they are free.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »

I 'think' it's $100 for the season ticket plus $50 required B/G donation.  Does include a free beer every game.  No, they can't be saved up!

source?

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2016, 01:19:01 PM »
I 'think' it's $100 for the season ticket plus $50 required B/G donation.  Does include a free beer every game.  No, they can't be saved up!

Sorry to keep derailing the thread but if I get a pair is that two $50 donations or can I just do one. I can probably do it either way but with my current income and student loan payments I was definitely not going to be able to pay for the minimum $500-6000 per pair that they have listed online.

EDIT: Now I look again there are some tickets cheaper than that ($130/ticket) but I would assume that they also require a donation.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:24:04 PM by source? »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2016, 01:33:59 PM »
Sorry to keep derailing the thread but if I get a pair is that two $50 donations or can I just do one. I can probably do it either way but with my current income and student loan payments I was definitely not going to be able to pay for the minimum $500-6000 per pair that they have listed online.

EDIT: Now I look again there are some tickets cheaper than that ($130/ticket) but I would assume that they also require a donation.

But no free beer.  And these seats are right next to the student section (upper bowl, of course).
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »

Source.  You want to be over there in the Coors Light section.  It's where your friends will be.  Kinda like a mini student section.  They had solid attendance last year and the group had fun.  Don't know if they spread the donation out over 2 tickets.  Easy telephone call to MU.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:41:06 PM by jsglow »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2016, 02:51:53 PM »

Do you sit in the student section with these tickets or somewhere else in the upper deck? Does this apply to students in the graduate program as well?

I'll have to look into it, might be far cheaper than what I'm currently paying.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »
Do you sit in the student section with these tickets or somewhere else in the upper deck? Does this apply to students in the graduate program as well?

I'll have to look into it, might be far cheaper than what I'm currently paying.

I believe it's the upper section immediately to the right (as you're facing the court) of the student section. So not actually in the student section, but right next to it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
I believe it's the upper section immediately to the right (as you're facing the court) of the student section. So not actually in the student section, but right next to it.

Basically sections 427 & 428, right next to students.  They even have their own dedicated little beer tappin' guy right outside on the concourse and might even be able to strike up a conversation with a pretty girl their age! 

As to all the rules/regulations, telephone people.  Now I know you youngins think everything can be done with a text or a snapchat but you will actually have to talk to a human being.  I know it's tough for some of you but I have confidence.  ;D

I will add Eagle1090 that they allowed my daughter to 'switch' her ticket last year.  She had already bought a season ticket last summer before the section was announced and allowed her to make the change with a phone call.  Last year they did 'assign' seats but absolutely nobody paid attention to that 'rule'.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:52:12 PM by jsglow »

source?

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2016, 04:05:27 PM »
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/genrel/auto_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/MUBBRecentGrad.pdf

This is what I found on the website. I'm going to call tomorrow. If that $150 includes the donation, I will probably spring for two of those tickets. If not and it's an additional $50/seat, I am going with the $130 tickets.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2016, 04:09:14 PM »
Basically sections 427 & 428, right next to students.  They even have their own dedicated little beer tappin' guy right outside on the concourse and might even be able to strike up a conversation with a pretty girl their age!

As to all the rules/regulations, telephone people.  Now I know you youngins think everything can be done with a text or a snapchat but you will actually have to talk to a human being.  I know it's tough for some of you but I have confidence.  ;D

I will add Eagle1090 that they allowed my daughter to 'switch' her ticket last year.  She had already bought a season ticket last summer before the section was announced and allowed her to make the change with a phone call.  Last year they did 'assign' seats but absolutely nobody paid attention to that 'rule'.

She got friends that are into scoopers?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »

No one has friends that are into scoopers

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »

Ha! There's lots of nice MU girls who like hoops and go to games. That free beer line is a great place to mingle.  And someone you didn't know when you were in school might become a new buddy or date.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »

Thanks for the information, I'll definitely look into it. I'm in the opposite corner of the upper bowl so it sounds like I'd be switching to a similar seat at a much better value. My only issue is that I didn't do my Undergraduate at Marquette, but am currently in the Grad program. If I can get these tickets following completion of the Grad program, it sounds like a no brainer. Thanks again.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »
Thanks for the information, I'll definitely look into it. I'm in the opposite corner of the upper bowl so it sounds like I'd be switching to a similar seat at a much better value. My only issue is that I didn't do my Undergraduate at Marquette, but am currently in the Grad program. If I can get these tickets following completion of the Grad program, it sounds like a no brainer. Thanks again.

My understanding is you can. I did a one year grad program right after undergrad, and that's the only reason I am qualifying. This is my last year.

I recommend it over the $130 section. That's where I was at first and think the recent grad deal seats are better seats. Just be strategic about the free beer. You may miss the tip if you try to get one at the start. Can only redeem at that one stand by 427.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »
My understanding is you can. I did a one year grad program right after undergrad, and that's the only reason I am qualifying. This is my last year.

I recommend it over the $130 section. That's where I was at first and think the recent grad deal seats are better seats. Just be strategic about the free beer. You may miss the tip if you try to get one at the start. Can only redeem at that one stand by 427.

My kid would get her freebie for the first half and then sweet talk old dad into a craft beer at halftime.   ::)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »
My kid would get her freebie for the first half and then sweet talk old dad into a craft beer at halftime.   ::)

Who paid for her other four brews each game??
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2016, 05:57:36 PM »
Who paid for her other four brews each game??

+1

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2016, 06:36:04 PM »
Ha! There's lots of nice MU girls who like hoops and go to games. That free beer line is a great place to mingle.  And someone you didn't know when you were in school might become a new buddy or date.

So wait, Tinder is sponsoring this section now?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2016, 08:20:23 PM »
So wait, Tinder is sponsoring this section now?

Now that'd pack the seats... Plus we'd have another sponsor in Trojan!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2016, 09:39:40 PM »
Now that'd pack the seats... Plus we'd have another sponsor in Trojan!

ZFB packs in the seats
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback