collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Football Ratings Are Down  (Read 103914 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Football Ratings Are Down
« Reply #650 on: January 19, 2017, 05:11:30 PM »
and if the halftime was Kanye West with guests Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, all Trump supporters, and their was talk/rumors that would give their political statements, I doubt you would think that enhances your halftime show experience.

I meant her millions in ticket sales would be enhanced.  I have no desire to watch it regardless of her political beliefs.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #651 on: January 21, 2017, 07:59:32 AM »
No political statement enhances any non-political broadcast.  They are always worse when politics are injected into them.

And yet we play the national anthem before every sporting event and (some of us) rage when we feel someone doesn't show the song due deference. And then there's Pentagon-funded displays of patriotism during games.
So, what you really meant to say was, "They are always worse when politics contrary to mine are injected into them."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #652 on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »
And yet we play the national anthem before every sporting event and (some of us) rage when we feel someone doesn't show the song due deference. And then there's Pentagon-funded displays of patriotism during games.
So, what you really meant to say was, "They are always worse when politics contrary to mine are injected into them."

Indeed, the National Anthem IS a political statement.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #653 on: January 22, 2017, 02:05:21 AM »

But now we are talking about the half-time show.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #654 on: February 06, 2017, 07:31:57 PM »
What is the definition of a bust in Superbowl ratings?  Is this it?  The game had everything and it still slumped.

Despite overtime finish, NFL Super Bowl draws lower TV ratings

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nfl-superbowl-ratings-idUSKBN15L1L5

Fox Television's broadcast of Super Bowl LI on Sunday night drew 111.3 million viewers, according to Nielsen data released by the network on Monday, the smallest audience for the National Football League's title game in four years.

The contest included a thrilling finish, with the New England Patriots staging a comeback to defeat the Atlanta Falcons in the National Football league's first-ever Super Bowl overtime. The Patriots returned from a 25-point deficit and quarterback Tom Brady, 39, won his record fifth championship.

The Falcons were in control for much of the game, with a 28-3 lead midway through the third quarter. Viewership surged as the Patriots' pushed the game into overtime, peaking at 117.7 million from 10 p.m. to 10:15 p.m ET (0300-0315 GMT).

Without the Patriots' rally, ratings would've been even worse for Fox, which still posted the least-viewed Super Bowl since 2013, when 108.7 million watched the Baltimore Ravens defeat the San Francisco 49ers.

Lady Gaga's halftime show drew 117.5 million viewers.

Last year's Super Bowl drew a 111.9 million viewers to CBS Corp's CBS, while the Patriots' previous title game appearance in 2015 helped Comcast Corp's NBC television draw 114.4 million viewers, the most-watched TV broadcast in U.S. history.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:33:31 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #655 on: February 06, 2017, 09:59:54 PM »
Damn Kaepernick.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #656 on: February 06, 2017, 11:11:09 PM »
What is the definition of a bust in Superbowl ratings?  Is this it?  The game had everything and it still slumped.

Despite overtime finish, NFL Super Bowl draws lower TV ratings

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nfl-superbowl-ratings-idUSKBN15L1L5

Fox Television's broadcast of Super Bowl LI on Sunday night drew 111.3 million viewers, according to Nielsen data released by the network on Monday, the smallest audience for the National Football League's title game in four years.

Internet streaming of Super Bowl is not counted. CBS made the game widely available on tablets, phones, computers and streaming boxes like Apple TV with almost 2,000,000 additional viewers.

Yet, even without counting these millions of fans, it was still the 5th most watched program in TV history - so obviously people are sick of football.

But, keep up the diatribe you have been droning on about all year. Maybe you should go back to the Apple thread to make things up.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #657 on: February 06, 2017, 11:57:31 PM »
Must have been the interview they aired during the pregame coverage
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #658 on: February 07, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
Internet streaming of Super Bowl is not counted. CBS made the game widely available on tablets, phones, computers and streaming boxes like Apple TV with almost 2,000,000 additional viewers.

If I have the Super Bowl on TV and was streaming it simultaneously (something I've done during the World Series because streaming affords different cameras/angles), am I supposed to be counted as 1 or 2 in the ratings?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brandx

« Reply #659 on: February 07, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
If I have the Super Bowl on TV and was streaming it simultaneously (something I've done during the World Series because streaming affords different cameras/angles), am I supposed to be counted as 1 or 2 in the ratings?

You don't count, period. :P

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #660 on: June 05, 2023, 03:27:05 PM »
Duz anyone watch da Brew Crew? Get up, get up, get outta here, hey?

Peddle der ass for a rosin bag and sum unwashed Bikes, aina?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #661 on: June 06, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »
Peddle der ass for a rosin bag and sum unwashed Bikes, aina?

Hoop-a-looped

feedback