[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Scoop's Performance  (Read 15474 times)

wadesworld

• All American
MU Scoop's Performance
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:13:07 PM »
Is underwhelming.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
Re: MU Scoop's Performance
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
I concur with this analysis.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 10:01:50 PM »
To hell with that!

We are the best site with both MU and Scoop in the name on the entire interwebs!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 10:07:30 PM »
ND sucks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 10:10:14 PM »
ND sucks.

Your performance, however, is never lacking.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 10:11:24 PM »
To hell with that!

We are the best site with both MU and Scoop in the name on the entire interwebs!!!!
Plus tax
These millennials are no fun
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 10:20:55 PM »
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 10:27:07 PM »
Did Scoop test over the legal limit for testosterone?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 04:55:59 AM »
It goes south in the summertime.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 05:27:12 AM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »
It's Derrick Wilson's fault.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 07:22:01 AM »
Larry Williams' long range plan to turn scoop into a St. Louis-esque board is succeeding.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:39:16 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »
You're all banned.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 08:08:30 AM »
MUScoop gets all the easy message board topics.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 08:26:10 AM »
Hilltopper only does the easy bans.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 08:50:37 AM »
Is underwhelming.

Another case of performance anxiety.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 08:54:53 AM »
/raises hand

My bad... Benny hasn't been generating enough unique clicks lately.  I'm working on something, though it might be five years until it's ready.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 09:02:54 AM »
This off-season has been particularly terrible.  I chalk it up to the following factors.

1.  No transfers for the second straight year.  I mean, what the hell?  Roster turnover and determining who was at fault used to be a staple of off-season discussion.  Remember the halcyon days of D.J. Newbill and Aaron Durley?  Now we can't even work up a good Gabe Levin-like departure.

2.  Wojo is boring and plays his cards close to the vest.  Really this straight-laced professionalism is nice and all, but we could use some random goofiness like during the Buzz era.  I mean, even the recruiting discussions have gotten stale.  Good students with decent basketball skills.  <yawn> 

3.   Lack of off-season player headlines.  Yeah the players go to class.  Yeah they practice during the off-season.  Really how many videos can I see of Sam Hauser shooting a basketball?  I long for the days of some dumbsh*t move by Todd Mayo to get everyone all worked up.

<sigh>  Those were the days...

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 09:07:01 AM »
I long for the days of some dumbsh*t move by Todd Mayo to get everyone all worked up.

Or watching next year's season go down the drain because of an ill-thought-out move by our starting guard to turn professional.

Or, listening to the angst on this board because our point guard can't shoot his way out of a paper bag.

Or, worrying about whether our head coach will leave to take a head coaching position with _______ (fill in the blank).

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 09:29:37 AM »
This off-season has been particularly terrible.  I chalk it up to the following factors.

1.  No transfers for the second straight year.  I mean, what the hell?  Roster turnover and determining who was at fault used to be a staple of off-season discussion.  Remember the halcyon days of D.J. Newbill and Aaron Durley?  Now we can't even work up a good Gabe Levin-like departure.

2.  Wojo is boring and plays his cards close to the vest.  Really this straight-laced professionalism is nice and all, but we could use some random goofiness like during the Buzz era.  I mean, even the recruiting discussions have gotten stale.  Good students with decent basketball skills.  <yawn> 

3.   Lack of off-season player headlines.  Yeah the players go to class.  Yeah they practice during the off-season.  Really how many videos can I see of Sam Hauser shooting a basketball?  I long for the days of some dumbsh*t move by Todd Mayo to get everyone all worked up.

Outstanding post. Bravo. No transfers for two straight years really is amazing. In light of recent scandals, I'm sure Louisville, Syracuse and North Carolina would love to have this kind of quiet offseason.

That said, I'm crawling out of my skin for some more recruiting news. Eke is a great start. And I know that only about a third of the top 100 players have committed at this point. But I'm still anxious to see how the Class of 2017 shapes up.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 09:31:17 AM »

These are actually all good points.  Aaron Durley is a blast from the past.  Had forgotten all about him.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 09:50:53 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 09:54:28 AM »
You're all banned.

WOOOO!
We're gettin the banned back together!

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 10:03:29 AM »

What about 'smoke and mirrors'?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »

feedback