[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: student section, sweater vests, look to rebound from disappointing seasons  (Read 1698 times)

Da 'Lanche

• All American
After years of internal squabbling, apathy, and lack of team chemistry, the student section and sweater vests look to renew their passion for Marquette Basketball this upcoming season while rebuilding a raucous environment to energize the team and/or satisfy MUscoopers who want the crowd to look respectable on televised games to legitimize our program status in front of God, family, friends, UW fans and Dick Vitale.    An uneasy but necessary truce has been agreed upon with the following commitments:

1.  Students will show up for all games, even on weeknights, even for non conference games, even during midterms, even during finals and, with bellies full of Pabst Blue Ribbon, will yell, cheer, chant and stand the entire game.  The immediate goal is to reclaim the (oddly) self-proclaimed title by the PA announcer of "best student section in the land"...or some such thing.   Yet to be determined...if rushing the court is ever appropriate when beating a ranked team.

2.  Sweater vests will show up for all games, even on weeknights, even for non conference games, even if the weather frightens them, even if parking is problematic with the new arena being built and will escalate their clapping from polite to quasi-enthusiastic.   They will agree to, at times, add vocalizations to their clapping that are both audible and easily interpreted as encouraging or even cheering.    At key points during the game, they agree to rise up from their seats in a standing position (if physically able).

3. Both agree to stop pointing fingers at each other and bond together to point their fingers for any, all or no reasons whatsoever at University Administration.

4.  Both will look for (digestive) break out seasons in their own bathrooms the morning following games in an exercise  of team building as they continue the age old tradition of eating at Real Chili after each and every game.

Go Warriors...I mean Golden Eagles..I mean Gold...I mean Avalanche.   Ah hell...We are (all) Marquette!

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Couldn't disagree more regarding the student section.  I'm not saying they'll have a bad year but 2018 is the big breakout year for the section.  Every incoming Freshman born in the 2000's?  Ridiculous! They're going to be going all digital and sh__!  Hope they stay for 4 years because it's going to be special.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Neither showed for the MU/Duke staff game so I do not see any commitment
Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Hearing the "Hey, You Suck" and "Vuck the Vadgers" chants are returning from exile.

Benny B

• All American
My sweater vest is now five years old; sadly, it's no longer ironic.  Apropos considering Benny et al are sitting directly opposite the student section this year.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Couldn't disagree more regarding the student section.  I'm not saying they'll have a bad year but 2018 is the big breakout year for the section.  Every incoming Freshman born in the 2000's?  Ridiculous! They're going to be going all digital and sh__!  Hope they stay for 4 years because it's going to be special.

Cheering should be outstanding as one intense four minute cheer can be converted to a continuously looped hologram.  Meanwhile behind the blue screen, students will be free from the distraction of the actual game, so that they can more effectively follow the game on social media.

Will the hologram student section recognise Hologram Al should he appear?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.