[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cheerleaders due for a breakout season  (Read 20925 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: Cheerleaders due for a breakout season
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
Guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything on this board. But I really didn't expect the original post to lead to anything like the last 3 pages.

It was only meant as a simple joke, playing off of tower's "Homer and Mac due for a breakout season" (which in turned plays off of the seemingly endless stream of speculative predictions for the upcoming season).

The start of the season can't arrive fast enough.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2016, 12:41:29 PM »
This fan is due for a breakout season. You can see that she's 100% committed to MU basketball. That dedication is about to pay off.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2016, 12:57:21 PM »
So referring to a 60 yr old woman as a transcendent sexual beauty offends you, but you are ok with the female pubic hair grooming stuff?

To test your feigned righteous indignation I called my wife (same age) a transcendent sexual beauty ....she liked it a lot. I asked and she is totally ok with old men discussing her as such on this board. She said ' please do' .

Now your point about the daughter is well taken (Would you be comfortable with a bunch of old men on the internet swapping stories about how sexual your daughter is?)....So....if Mom Pudvan (in at least her 80s) is online here....I apologize for referring to your daughter as a transcendent sexual beauty ....but TAMU is ok with you joining the female pubic hair grooming discussion.

lol   lol

????

What's wrong with discussing pubic hair grooming? Its something people do. My objection wasn't one of "its not polite to talk about such things on the internet." My objection was that singling out an individual, talking about them as a sexual object, and then recounting facts about their life is a form of sexual harassment and could be considered stalking.

My post wasn't just directed at you. It was at the entire conversation. No one who participated is a bad person. We've all swapped locker room stories. I've done it on occasion. Benny has done it I'm sure, and I bet Chick has as well. That doesn't lessen the potential impact it could have on somebody. That's great that your wife is fine with it. She is one person. Others might not be. Personally, I would be upset if my future daughter or my fiance was being discussed by a bunch of random people on the internet.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2016, 01:32:01 PM »
Wonder why Pudvan dumped Butch for Steve?

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »
Probably likes younger dudes. Novak's 'bout 30 years her junior, hey?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:46:20 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2016, 01:38:41 PM »
Can I just say that I love each and everyone of you.  Please do not ever change.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2016, 01:53:03 PM »
????

My objection was that singling out an individual, talking about them as a sexual object, and then recounting facts about their life is a form of sexual harassment and could be considered stalking.
In this context ...it simply is not ;

Personally, I would be upset if my future daughter or my fiance was being discussed by a bunch of random people on the internet.

False equivalency. If either were MU cheerleaders , they might be the subject of the hundreds of posts on them here, over time, at MU Scoop...as they clearly arent ....you should be more concerned about Facebook ;where that sort of thing is regular daily fare.
BTW, you are an employment plaintiffs lawyer's dream juror
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:57:41 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2016, 01:55:08 PM »
Might be a bit premature on this but.....

In before the lock!

With that said, an awesome off season thread.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2016, 02:04:05 PM »
Can I just say that I love each and everyone of you.  Please do not ever change.

Does "Manscaping" one's pubic garden qualify as a "change?"

Death on call

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
BTW, you are an employment plaintiffs lawyer's dream juror

Thank you. Just following the lessons those pesky Jesuits taught me.

Allow me to apologize as well. I know I came on strong. I don't want to give you the impression that I think you are a terrible human being or a creepy stalker. As you fairly pointed out, posts like this on muscoop are a miniscule concern in the grand scheme of things. Facebook is a much worse venue that contributes to a culture of sexual objectification. I work in the title IX compliance office at TAMU. I educate students, faculty, and staff on these topics every day. It's hard for me to turn off sometimes.

On your last point, I do want to say this. I know in our culture we have deemed it acceptable to make these kind of comments about pseudo celebrities (like mu cheerleaders). But does that make it right? If my daughter was a cheerleader, I would expect these comments, but they would still make me upset.
TAMU

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2016, 02:56:13 PM »

Turn off the Internet, Keefe wins.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
Pudvan sounds like a cheaper version of the Bangbus

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2016, 03:14:06 PM »
I work in the title IX compliance office at TAMU. I educate students, faculty, and staff on these topics every day. It's hard for me to turn off sometimes.

Given what your assistant coaches recently posted in their powerpoint to educate ladies on Aggie FB....you have your hands plenty full .... now that truly was over the top stuff.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17175699/texas-aggies-suspend-assistant-coaches-degrading-slide-show

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/7/30/12330752/jim-turner-texas-aggies-miami-dolphins-fired

Why didn't they first show it to you? Good luck with all that

Given his history, Turner should never have been hired....Will Sumlin be held responsible/fired or does his fine tutelage of Johnny Manziel get him a pass? lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:18:07 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2016, 03:36:29 PM »
Given what your assistant coaches recently posted in their powerpoint to educate ladies on Aggie FB....you have your hands plenty full .... now that truly was over the top stuff.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17175699/texas-aggies-suspend-assistant-coaches-degrading-slide-show

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/7/30/12330752/jim-turner-texas-aggies-miami-dolphins-fired

Why didn't they first show it to you? Good luck with all that

Given his history, Turner should never have been hired....Will Sumlin be held responsible/fired or does his fine tutelage of Johnny Manziel get him a pass? lol

Job security my friend. This just means  I will have a job as long as I want it.
TAMU

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2016, 05:10:27 PM »

Now that's  funny,  thanks Keefe.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »
Pudvan sounds like a cheaper version of the Bangbus

ROFLCOPTER.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.