[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cheerleaders due for a breakout season  (Read 20927 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Cheerleaders due for a breakout season
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2016, 07:52:17 AM »
I'll poke around and let you know what I find out.

The sheer volume of research into the subject is breath taking
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/470716/Pubic-hair-trends-2014-The-full-waxed-look-is-out-the-bush-is-back

Puh-leeazzze.  The article is 2 years old and British.  Culturally, that's about as fresh as a discussion about Nigel Pulsford's haircut.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2016, 11:34:13 AM »
Puh-leeazzze.  The article is 2 years old and British.  Culturally, that's about as fresh as a discussion about Nigel Pulsford's haircut.
More recent article with lots of solid analysis.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/138169-12-reasons-to-rock-a-full-bush

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2016, 08:42:54 AM »
More recent article with lots of solid analysis.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/138169-12-reasons-to-rock-a-full-bush

This sounds like it's from the same intellects that brought us the "vaccines cause autism" and "BPA...NFW" movements.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2016, 11:32:56 AM »
I don't get it... was she like the only blonde girl in Milwaukee during the late 70s?

Transcendent of generational differences or anyone's ignorance of another time they did not live in,....

...Gail Pudvan was very good looking and moreover, she exuded/threw off a sexual vibe....every generation has those uniquely attractive women. I know guys who went to UT with Farah Fawcett (similar time window)....their stories of her remind of the same here (albeit infinitely less famous in the result)

Comporting with Gail's skills/gifts, she later worked as a Bunny in the Playboy Club....further on ...she has married at least once, did well with California real estate, and she lives today in Hermosa Beach as Gail Rasmussen
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2016, 12:39:25 PM »
PudVan sounds like something that would have a definition on urbandictionary.com
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2016, 01:15:06 PM »
Transcendent of generational differences or anyone's ignorance of another time they did not live in,....

...Gail Pudvan was very good looking and moreover, she exuded/threw off a sexual vibe....every generation has those uniquely attractive women. I know guys who went to UT with Farah Fawcett (similar time window)....their stories of her remind of the same here (albeit infinitely less famous in the result)

Comporting with Gail's skills/gifts, she later worked as a Bunny in the Playboy Club....further on ...she has married at least once, did well with California real estate, and she lives today in Hermosa Beach as Gail Rasmussen

I wouldn't say I'm ignorant... in fact, I'm the one making an effort to understand what life was like in the 70s without having to watch reruns of Ashton Kutcher. 

But no, I wouldn't say any of this is transcendent.  I could probably ask 50 guys I graduated with whatever happened to the "hot chick" in our class, and I'd be surprised if even one of them could tell me her married name, let alone where she lives today.  Those things just don't matter to us as much as it mattered back then.

But I get it... stalking women was cool back in the 70's.  Maybe we too would have done the same thing in the 90s had the topic of "sexual harassment" not dominated the media for the better part of the decade.  Frankly, that is probably Bill Clinton's most notable contribution to society... he helped enlighten an entire generation of young boys to the fact that womanizing was best left to creepy old guys from Arkansas.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »
I wouldn't say I'm ignorant... in fact, I'm the one making an effort to understand what life was like in the 70s without having to watch reruns of Ashton Kutcher. 

But no, I wouldn't say any of this is transcendent.  I could probably ask 50 guys I graduated with whatever happened to the "hot chick" in our class, and I'd be surprised if even one of them could tell me her married name, let alone where she lives today.  Those things just don't matter to us as much as it mattered back then.

But I get it... stalking women was cool back in the 70's.  Maybe we too would have done the same thing in the 90s had the topic of "sexual harassment" not dominated the media for the better part of the decade.  Frankly, that is probably Bill Clinton's most notable contribution to society... he helped enlighten an entire generation of young boys to the fact that womanizing was best left to creepy old guys from Arkansas.
Wow Benny.   Did you mean to be such a dick on this response, or are you having a bad day?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:30:29 PM by mu-rara »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2016, 03:23:28 PM »
Wow Benny.   Did you mean to be such a dick on this response, or are you having a bad day?

Is anything he said untrue?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »

Benny is right on this one.  When I read Houwarrior's post, I got a definite stalker vibe.  The only reason any dude should know that much about a girl he went to school with 40 years ago is if they have kept in touch all this time.  That's even too much information to be gathered after running into her at a reunion.  I am having a hard time picturing this:

Hou:  Gail, great to see you!  What have you been up to?

Gail (tossing her blonde hair while exuding/throwing off a sexual vibe):  Well, er, (looks at Houwarrior's nametag) Houwarrior, I have been using my skills/gifts by working as a Bunny in the Playboy Club....further on ...I have married at least once, did well with California real estate, and I live today in Hermosa Beach as Gail Rasmussen.  How about yourself?"  (Wanders off to get another drink while Houwarrior answers).
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2016, 05:16:10 PM »
Benny is right on this one.  When I read Houwarrior's post, I got a definite stalker vibe.  The only reason any dude should know that much about a girl he went to school with 40 years ago is if they have kept in touch all this time.  That's even too much information to be gathered after running into her at a reunion.  I am having a hard time picturing this:

Gail (tossing her blonde hair while exuding/throwing off a sexual vibe):  Well, er, (looks at Houwarrior's nametag) Houwarrior, I have been using my skills/gifts by working as a Bunny in the Playboy Club....further on ...I have married at least once, did well with California real estate, and I live today in Hermosa Beach as Gail Rasmussen.  How about yourself?"  (Wanders off to get another drink while Houwarrior answers).

Fun sucker.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2016, 05:55:09 PM »
If blondes don't do it for ya, den Lisa Dooley will get ya weak in da knees in a New York minute, ai na?

that Lisa Dooley....oh yeah!!

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2016, 05:57:05 PM »
We need expert analisys.  Dunks, what say you?

well in my club days it was the landing strip and the diamond.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2016, 06:53:07 PM »
that Lisa Dooley....oh yeah!!

One mighty fine piece, USDA prime, I might add and really a very sweet girl ta boot, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2016, 09:06:28 PM »

I regret the posting of Pudvan personal stuff, as all I really intended was to give a little of where are they now...(we do the same on ex ball players, without claiming we are stalking--lol), but

....Actually no stalking is needed...

this info today started simply with a 2012 post here on Scoop...this and a few of the related Pudvan postings peaked my curiosity:Keefe:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32028.25

Ahoya: "Pudvan was a Bunny at Lake Geneva Playboy Club for 2 summers - she was in their ads, postcards and fliers"

...the Keefe/Ahoya posts there Confirmed what I also had heard about her Playboy Club work (I had a friend who also worked there as a bunny --just the term for one of the costumed waitresses, way back then).

Then I noticed Hoopaloop also posted: "

Gail still in Northern Illinois, Northbrook last I heard."

I decided to check his "last I heard", reference (esp. as his article link was to way back in 1995.... and this was 2012!!).....So .... (in 2012) with time to spare...and with a few mouse clicks it googled, linkdined and facebooked her over to California, where internet public records referenced her various real estate sales/ dealings, properties owned, etc and a public filing of a divorce .

It doesnt take any reunion or keeping up over 40 years (check out the facebook details many folks post nowadays). Regrettably, with any name, and simple internet searching each our personal histories is readily available.

I guess we think its stalky in this area, and maybe it is (she really isnt a public figure), but anyone of us can find the same information online. If anyone has a Name, approx age, city lived...the rest is searchable and easily found.

I will recall the chidings here today and likely not post of personal histories here regardless of the ease of internet/ prior Scoop  access, as ....it seems good internet etiquette may deem such as stalking. Not my intent, ever
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:34:26 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2016, 09:29:02 PM »

Then I noticed Hoopaloop also posted: "

Gail still in Northern Illinois, Northbrook last I heard."

Forget Gail, whatever happened to hoopaloop

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2016, 10:08:22 PM »
Houwarrior, as Class of 1980 I appreciated your post and did not consider it stalking at all. I have seen the same or similar information posted about former players, professors, notable students, etc. Why it would all of a sudden be off limits in Gail's case is beyond me.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2016, 11:51:32 PM »
Houwarrior, as Class of 1980 I appreciated your post and did not consider it stalking at all. I have seen the same or similar information posted about former players, professors, notable students, etc. Why it would all of a sudden be off limits in Gail's case is beyond me.

The difference is that when we hear about former players, professors, and notable students they aren't being described as transcendent sexual beauties. Gail is someone's daughter, wife, and sister (maybe? I honestly have no idea). Would you be comfortable with a bunch of old men on the internet swapping stories about how sexual your daughter is?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2016, 07:01:52 AM »
The difference is that when we hear about former players, professors, and notable students they aren't being described as transcendent sexual beauties. Gail is someone's daughter, wife, and sister (maybe? I honestly have no idea). Would you be comfortable with a bunch of old men on the internet swapping stories about how sexual your daughter is?

You do have to admit that having those comments intermixed with a conversation about female  pubic hair grooming is a nice touch.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2016, 07:15:40 AM »
You do have to admit that having those comments intermixed with a conversation about female  pubic hair grooming is a nice touch.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2016, 08:48:08 AM »
Lol yeah this is some hippie sh*t definitely not true.

Pics, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2016, 11:11:05 AM »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be happy to include grooming of male pubic hair in the conversation as well.  After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander (and vice versa).

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »
So what you're sayin' is ya wanna know who here waxes der schlong, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2016, 12:13:21 PM »
So referring to a 60 yr old woman as a transcendent sexual beauty offends you, but you are ok with the female pubic hair grooming stuff?

To test your feigned righteous indignation I called my wife (same age) a transcendent sexual beauty ....she liked it a lot. I asked and she is totally ok with old men discussing her as such on this board. She said ' please do' .

Now your point about the daughter is well taken (Would you be comfortable with a bunch of old men on the internet swapping stories about how sexual your daughter is?)....So....if Mom Pudvan (in at least her 80s) is online here....I apologize for referring to your daughter as a transcendent sexual beauty ....but TAMU is ok with you joining the female pubic hair grooming discussion.

lol   lol

feedback