[Today at 08:13:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Lennys Tap
[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Homer and Mac due for a breakout season  (Read 7329 times)

tower912

• All American
Homer and Mac due for a breakout season
« on: August 19, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »
They've been solid for years, bit I think they are ready to really take it to the next level.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Homer and Mac due for a breakout season
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
Mac blocked me on Twitter.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »

That's what got him the big contract in the NBA

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 02:49:31 PM »
Mac en fuego?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »
They've been solid for years, bit I think they are ready to really take it to the next level.
As long as they keep getting their halftime snacks.......
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »
When we ran into Home Team sitting by himself at the bar in Lexington after the Davidson game Home Team called Mac on our behalf and put him on speaker. He sounded less than pleased about it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 04:18:26 PM »
Dis is gonna help recruitin'. Doable, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 04:43:55 PM »
Not going to lie, I think Homer is at his ceiling.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 04:51:22 PM »

Really?

Not to brag, but  last year Mac posted a picture of me on Twitter that was taken with his camera.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:55:06 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »
What part of that is not bragging?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »
Really?

Not to brag, but  last year Mac posted a picture of me on Twitter that was taken with his camera.   ;D

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 07:04:26 PM »
Mac only does the easy color commentary.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 08:04:04 PM »
What part of that is not bragging?

The fact that Mac has a camera.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 05:51:18 AM »
  Not to brag err anything, but I think home team can be a real d!ck sometimes. A number of years ago, when homer had his talk show on WISN, my son, "boomer", a rabid MU fan from the moment he popped outta da shoot, was listening on his 7th birthday with me.  I decided to call in and concur with whatever topic homer was blabbering about at the time as I have done many times before. Then, at the end, I axked home team if I could wish my son a happy birthday on air and he abruptly cut me off.  So I run to turn my radio up again as its in delay and he's going on about how I should know better than that??  Know better than what?  I had been a long time, consistent listener to his show and never heard that was not allowed, but REALLY? Was that really that out of bounds?  Maybe the macdonalds drive thru forgot to put the toy in his happy meal that day, but my son was really affected by that-yes he got over it and has become quite successful despite the diss, but my point is that simple things understood or misunderstood can change ones opinion forever.  No, I doubt it affected his ratings as I think they were already hitting the chitter. To this day, now 20 years later, he just feels Steve da LOZAH can go suck it

MAC is cool though!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 08:19:30 AM »
You sound like the dad who hates baseball player X because player X signed 49 autographs and you were 50th in line and feel slighted. I know Homer and maybe I will ask him to wish your boy happy birthday 20 years later.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 08:38:39 AM »
Mac only does the easy color commentary.

Are we talking just the colors in the 16-crayon box, the 32, or the 64-box with the sharpener on the back?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
  Not to brag err anything, but I think home team can be a real d!ck sometimes. A number of years ago, when homer had his talk show on WISN, my son, "boomer", a rabid MU fan from the moment he popped outta da shoot, was listening on his 7th birthday with me.  I decided to call in and concur with whatever topic homer was blabbering about at the time as I have done many times before. Then, at the end, I axked home team if I could wish my son a happy birthday on air and he abruptly cut me off.  So I run to turn my radio up again as its in delay and he's going on about how I should know better than that??  Know better than what?  I had been a long time, consistent listener to his show and never heard that was not allowed, but REALLY? Was that really that out of bounds?  Maybe the macdonalds drive thru forgot to put the toy in his happy meal that day, but my son was really affected by that-yes he got over it and has become quite successful despite the diss, but my point is that simple things understood or misunderstood can change ones opinion forever.  No, I doubt it affected his ratings as I think they were already hitting the chitter. To this day, now 20 years later, he just feels Steve da LOZAH can go suck it

MAC is cool though!!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »

MAC is cool though!!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 12:09:17 PM »
I see why you'd feel that way...but fwiw I've seen a much better side of Homer.  I was at the game @ ASU a few years back with my daughter sitting a few rows behind the bench.  We got there early and saw Mac and Homer setting up, so went down to say hi.  Both were very gracious, chatting up my (starstruck) daughter, posing for pictures, etc.

My guess is the real Homer is somewhere in between the terse, condescending guy you encountered and the gracious, patient guy I encountered.

I had been listening to him for a few years quite regularly.  Didn't know that rule

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 12:56:01 PM »

MAC is cool though!!
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
Waiting in the wings...

https://youtu.be/n95T1vxYWoA

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 04:07:02 PM »
Waiting in the wings...

https://youtu.be/n95T1vxYWoA

He was fun for a bunch of nonsense preseason games against garbage teams. I would hate him for regular games.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »
He was fun for a bunch of nonsense preseason games against garbage teams. I would hate him for regular games.

Denmarkist
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2016, 05:52:20 PM »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 06:06:09 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 08:52:19 AM »
When is MU going to have a Thomas Bobblehead giveaway?

Seriously though... when the f*ck is MU going to have a god damn Thomas Bobblehead giveaway?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »
When is MU going to have a Thomas Bobblehead giveaway?

Seriously though... when the f*ck is MU going to have a god damn Thomas Bobblehead giveaway?

First, there are some serious copyright issues to cleared up regrading his suit.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 09:49:54 AM »
First, there are some serious copyright issues to cleared up regrading his suit.

Not sure his suit needs any regrading... Thomas is an "A" no matter what he's wearing (as long as he's wearing something).

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 06:33:59 PM »
Not going to lie, I think Homer is at his ceiling.
Homers ceiling has always been the basement.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 07:05:46 PM »
Not sure if Johnny Daly could even get away with golfing in those threads

feedback