[Today at 05:32:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bucks N Buycks  (Read 9962 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Bucks N Buycks
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:59:35 PM »
I get that this isn't the NBA but I'll take Buycks over any PG on the Bucks roster. The kid has game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Bucks N Buycks
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:09:15 PM »
I get that this isn't the NBA but I'll take Buycks over any PG on the Bucks roster. The kid has game.
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »
I'm watching old, fat Jason Williams tearing it up and thinking that this isn't the best environment to judge a player.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:55 PM »
Serious questions....what's the percentage of your posts that say simply, "I agree with this analysis " and is this just to raise your click total? 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:17 PM »
I'm watching old, fat Jason Williams tearing it up and thinking that this isn't the best environment to judge a player.

Bibby is the fat one :)

Williams actually looks to be in good shape but he has to be close to 40 or over at this point.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »
Serious questions....what's the percentage of your posts that say simply, "I agree with this analysis " and is this just to raise your click total?

That, lamenting that MU didn't try harder for Kostas, and being glad that the coaching staff is pursuing 'X'. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 08:50:50 PM »

Don't force Tex to go back to praising Dawson in every post.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »

Buycks averaged 9 ppg in the NBA for the Lakers 2 years ago (yes small sample size) though.  He can play in the NBA and he is better than the current options for the Bucks.

They should give him a chance.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »

Bibby and Williams lost by 30.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 09:48:25 PM »
Buycks averaged 9 ppg in the NBA for the Lakers 2 years ago (yes small sample size) though.  He can play in the NBA and he is better than the current options for the Bucks.

They should give him a chance.

He played a bunch of garbage games in April for a bottom feeding Lakers team.  Bucks can give him a chance no doubt, but he is what he is.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 09:54:48 PM »

He played a bunch of garbage games in April for a bottom feeding Lakers team.  Bucks can give him a chance no doubt, but he is what he is.

Here is a nice memory of Buycks time with the Lakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JqrwjrgANQ
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 09:57:40 PM »

Personally, I think Buycks would be a step up from Delleadova, and think they just wasted $10M a year on a well below average player.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 09:58:53 PM »

I think he could earn a spot in the NBA and wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in the NBA this year. He had a private tryout a few months ago with an NBA team, Portland I think? He wasn't signed, but he's about as close to being an NBA player as you can be without being in the league.

Nobody else on the roster has a real chance. Jamil will have a nice pro career, but not in the NBA

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 10:06:28 PM »
But but but Dakich said that Gardner could be in NBA if he was in great shape. Except for the fact that he can't jump..it's the Gardner shuffle. Very skilled big man just can't jump and is 2-3" too short.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 10:07:54 PM »
I think he could earn a spot in the NBA and wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in the NBA this year. He had a private tryout a few months ago with an NBA team, Portland I think? He wasn't signed, but he's about as close to being an NBA player as you can be without being in the league.

Nobody else on the roster has a real chance. Jamil will have a nice pro career, but not in the NBA

If I remember correctly, his going overseas was his choice and he could have stayed and played in the NBA (well had a contract).

He wanted to play and has good paying opportunities overseas.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »
Personally, I think Buycks would be a step up from Delleadova, and think they just wasted $10M a year on a well below average player.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »

That, lamenting that MU didn't try harder for Kostas, and being glad that the coaching staff is pursuing 'X'.
Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I am now in the acceptance phase relative to the death of our recruitment of the player noted above.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 11:37:18 PM »
I meant it half as Buycks is a heck of a player, and half as Delly and MCW are horrible NBA point guards.  Buycks has a combination of athleticism and shooting that neither Delly nor MCW have (Delly can I guess hit wide open 3s when LeBron and Kyrie are on the court leaving him wide open, and MCW is a fairly good athlete, though doesn't have good foot speed).  If Buycks could play within the team concept (I don't know either way whether he could or not) and defend, he'd definitely be worth a look.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 11:56:59 PM »
It's like this... Buycks can go overseas and make high 6 figures while playing 25-30 mins/game and being a go to scorer, or he can rid the pine for the NBA minimum.  If it's me, I'll take the money and the PT.

Dellavadova will get found out now that he's in another system.  He's just a foul looking for a place to happen on D, and generally a liability on O.  The only reason he ever scored is because no-one ever guarded him due to LeBron, Love, Kyrie, etc.  Very bad spend by the Bucks, who could have gotten Buycks for $2m/year.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 05:18:44 AM »

Not saying the Bucks didn't overpay for Delladova, but he has been a decent NBA back up for three seasons and was a MUCH better college player. There is no evidence to suggest that Dwight would be a step up.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 07:12:23 AM »
Buycks looks like a NBA player in this environment. He's clearly one of the elite players in this tournament. However the game speed, the level of competition, and the team chemistry here is nothing like the NBA, so I'm not convinced that means a ton. I loved his potential when he was here and thought he had NBA talent. Doubt he'll ever be a regular, but love seeing a guy truly maximize his talent.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 07:32:38 AM »

I agree with your analysis(click bump, EyN'a) but I also noted back when he was playing with us that he had the court awareness to make an adequate pro baller.  I loved how he saw the court. I'm not a Della fan at all. He tries to make up for his lack of talent with high energy- nothing wrong with that except with the high energy, he tends to play out of control and his wild swings for the ball, well, ya'll see what can happen.  Just axk mr iguadala his boys
don't...don't don't don't don't

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 07:43:32 AM »
Buycks reminds me of a guy like Diener - could hang in the NBA for quite a while at the end of the bench - but may be better from a money standpoint off in Europe being a go to guy/starter for a longer period of time. 

Of course that equation may be changing with the new NBA deal. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 07:45:38 AM »
But but but Dakich said that Gardner could be in NBA if he was in great shape. Except for the fact that he can't jump..it's the Gardner shuffle. Very skilled big man just can't jump and is 2-3" too short.
Regardless...we must always...always...remember the ox.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 07:54:33 AM »
Buycks reminds me of a guy like Diener - could hang in the NBA for quite a while at the end of the bench - but may be better from a money standpoint off in Europe being a go to guy/starter for a longer period of time. 

Of course that equation may be changing with the new NBA deal.

Except he hasn't.  At Dwight's current age, Travis played in well over 150 NBA games and was on an NBA roster every year in the league.