[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Marquette to play Michigan in 2K Classic  (Read 8546 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: [Matt Velazquez] Marquette to play Michigan in 2K Classic
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »
I am not advocating rape. But if a child molester is violated in prison I won't lose a second of sleep over it.

Earlier you said it was "damned funny."

People who prey on children are the most vile creatures. I have done volunteer work with an organization focused on helping children rebuild their lives after having been sold into various forms of slavery.

Next Generation Nepal is doing God's work. I spent the better part of a year working for them in Nepal. Anyone who shares a degree with me would understand my righteous indignation.

If you are interested in making a difference I can introduce you to Conor Grennan or Martin Punaks of NGN. One year of your life will continue to vibrate and enrich the lives of dozens of victims for decades. Anyone who shares a degree with me would want to accept that challenge.

Do they think prison rape is funny too?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »
Earlier you said it was "damned funny."

Do they think prison rape is funny too?

Oh please.

I have worked to fight the exploitation of children. I think my moral ground is secure.

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 02:11:40 PM »
This probably isn't the place for such a discussion. Pretty sure this is supposed to be an all-ages, family friendly kind of site.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »
Oh please.

I have worked to fight the exploitation of children. I think my moral ground is secure.

Ah the art of deflection.

You:  HA HA.  ISN'T PRISON RAPE FUNNY???

Others:  No

You:  I WORK TO HELP EXPLOITED CHILDREN SO IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I SAID PRISON RAPE IS FUNNY!!!!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
So, how about that MU - Michigan game?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »
No. I just don't think rape jokes are funny.
It was a bestiality joke.

djorling

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 04:06:50 PM »
As a former prosecutor and public defender involved in many rape cases, I can tell you rape jokes are never funny.  I'm not passing judgment on one's right to tell them.  The tellers just need to know it looks foolish.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 08:23:20 PM »
Keefe, your anger is completely justified. I understand it better than most could. There is nothing lesser than a person who would prey on children. But people, even vile people such as child molesters, being raped in prison is not something to laugh at, make light of, or suggest that it is a non issue. That continues the cycle of violence and sends a message that rape is acceptable in certain situations. To suggest that it is ok that criminals are raped in prison shows a lack of understanding and empathy for the trauma visited upon those that you have helped. Because if you truly understood it, you would never wish that upon another human being. And yes I do I share a degree with you, but no I don't accept your righteous indignation and neither would the Jesuits who taught us.

I applaud your work with NGN. We need more people who are willing to step up and fight on this issue. But it has no relevance to our discussion today. Doing good work does not give one a pass for careless words. If anything, it places a higher burden and expectation on you to be an example and a paragon on this topic.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2016, 06:43:16 AM »
I think when judging a human on animal rape joke, the most important factor is the type of animal used in the joke. Puppies are held in higher esteem than humans for most people, so obviously that is going to offend those Fido lovers out there. Now if you had said a porcupine, that would instill imagery in our minds that I'm sure we could all enjoy a hearty laugh over.

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 10:01:24 AM »
It was a bestiality joke.

Winner winner chicken dinner
Fear makes you dumb.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 10:06:12 AM »
This is hilarious.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:58 AM »
Hahah this thread. But seriously, nothing is 100% never funny to joke about. It may have been a lame joke but to claim all jokes made in the same vein cannot be funny simply because of the subject matter is just as lame. I think the standards for a joke have to be higher the more sensitive and upsetting the material is referring to, but just listen to Louis CK or Jim Befriends on Bill Cosby and tell me that is inherently not funny.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:28:31 AM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »
Hahah this thread. But seriously, nothing is 100% never funny to joke about. It may have been a lame joke but to claim all jokes made in the same vein cannot be funny simply because of the subject matter is just as lame. I think the standards for a joke have to be higher the more sensitive and upsetting the material is referring to, but just listen to Louis CK or Jim Befriends on Bill Cosby and tell me that is inherently not funny.

I'm with you, in theory, any topic can be made funny, depending on the skill of the person telling the joke.

The issue here though is whether or not MUScoop is the right venue, regardless of whether it is actually funny. I'd say it probably is not the right place for such humor. But I'll leave it to the mods.