[Today at 01:55:49 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 01:53:15 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Luke Fischer cleared to play following left elbow injury  (Read 8508 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
You're new-ish here, which is why I just quietly deleted the text.  The JS is one of the few websites scoop has ever received a nastygram from for copyright violation.  A case can be made that short snippets are fair use, but cut-n-paste is infringing on their copyright.
Also we love Mattie V. A real asset to MU Basketball with his detailed and thorough reporting .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Also we love Mattie V. A real asset to MU Basketball with his detailed and thorough reporting .

Yes that too.  He deserves the click-throughs  - one of the ways his management can determine if he's doing a good job.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Yes that too.  He deserves the click-throughs  - one of the ways his management can determine if he's doing a good job.

And for what it's worth...that was one of his better pieces (which is saying something for Matt). Great offseason update on Luke, Howard, the TBT team, the league's officiating improvement efforts, and perhaps most important (to Scoop readers) the current status of Derrick Wilson. Great article.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
And for what it's worth...that was one of his better pieces (which is saying something for Matt). Great offseason update on Luke, Howard, the TBT team, the league's officiating improvement efforts, and perhaps most important (to Scoop readers) the current status of Derrick Wilson. Great article.

He is awesome.  Our former beat writer,  on the other hand, wouldn't have moved off of his bar stool all summer.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
He is awesome.  Our former beat writer,  on the other hand, wouldn't have moved off of his bar stool all summer.

Can't imagine the smell of Mike Hunt on a stool all summer......

Speaking of summer, frivolous ranking time. MU beat reports I remember are Mike Hunt, Matty V, Todd Rosiak, Lori Nichols, some old guy I'm forgetting....who was the best and who was the worst?

I think Mike was the worst and it's a tough one between Matty and Todd....I'd lean Matt but not sure if that's just because technology has allowed him to be ever present that did not benefit Todd.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

fjm

• All American
FREE MIKE HUNT.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Can't imagine the smell of Mike Hunt on a stool all summer......

Speaking of summer, frivolous ranking time. MU beat reports I remember are Mike Hunt, Matty V, Todd Rosiak, Lori Nichols, some old guy I'm forgetting....who was the best and who was the worst?

I think Mike was the worst and it's a tough one between Matty and Todd....I'd lean Matt but not sure if that's just because technology has allowed him to be ever present that did not benefit Todd.

LOL! I was totally trying to remember that guy too. I still can't. I think it was one of his last assignments before JS cut him loose, but for the life of me can't remember his name.

fjm

• All American
But seriously, when Matty V leaves us for what I can only assume will be a gig at the mothership or NBCSN, I will cry, but man he's been KILLING it!

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
LOL! I was totally trying to remember that guy too. I still can't. I think it was one of his last assignments before JS cut him loose, but for the life of me can't remember his name.
Tom Enlund...so so bad at his job

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Tom Enlund...so so bad at his job

That's it! Thanks, I couldn't for the life of me remember his name. I remember the first couple weeks he seemed to be really trying, but ran out of steam soon after and was pretty clearly just mailing it in.

GGGG

• All American
That's it! Thanks, I couldn't for the life of me remember his name. I remember the first couple weeks he seemed to be really trying, but ran out of steam soon after and was pretty clearly just mailing it in.

I love his Twitter page...just stops at 5/5/2012

https://twitter.com/tenlund

Tom Enlund ‏@tenlund  5 May 2012
Trent Lockett: "It was a very hard decision. It came down to Iowa State and Marquette."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
I always click on everything he writes. I like that we have the link on this site.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
Enlund was the worst. Didn't give a crap AND a lousy writer, too.

Hunt actually was a decent writer and, once upon a time when he covered the Bucks, a good reporter. Maybe that actually makes him worse, though -- he could have done a good job if he wanted to.

Nickel I don't remember real well being on the beat. Must not have been super good or super bad.

Matt and Todd are/were both good. I remember thinking Todd was a little better writer, but it's been awhile. Matt obviously gives a damn, no doubt hopes it leads to a "better" beat. I hope he keeps doing the work and improving, and that he eventually is rewarded.

I can't remember, but maybe somebody can: Did any of these people ever really "break" a story on the beat? I'm talking about a legitimate scoop with legitimate news?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:55:24 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Man, we did have Lori Nickel too, didn't we? She probably was only here on the beat about 5 minutes. Decent enough writer, but don't think we were ever really a big part of her itinerary.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Man, we did have Lori Nickel too, didn't we? She probably was only here on the beat about 5 minutes. Decent enough writer, but don't think we were ever really a big part of her itinerary.

Yeah she was on the beat briefly, nothing remarkable comes to mind though. I thought I remembered some blue hairs(probably mostly Murph) get stirred up over her coverage but the details have long since faded out.

Until JS went online and I was out of college I didn't pay attention to the JS so my memory of their beat writers doesn't go beyond 2004 or so.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
Yeah she was on the beat briefly, nothing remarkable comes to mind though. I thought I remembered some blue hairs(probably mostly Murph) get stirred up over her coverage but the details have long since faded out.

Doesn't "blue hairs" mean old women?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast

Doesn't "blue hairs" mean old women?

Maybe?? I've always used it pejoratively to describe all age advanced individuals regardless of gender AKA it's 430 and I'm starving, guess we're eating with the blue hairs.

copious1218

• All American
Sincere apologies. Wasn't trying to take anything away from Matt's great work — that's why I mentioned he would appreciate the click-through. I honestly didn't realize doing so was frowned upon (especially for a free site that doesn't require a subscription).

I don't appreciate the name-calling. I'm willing to share my thoughts, disagree with others here and admit when I'm wrong. Throwing around names like "idiot," "stupid" or "douche" serves no purpose. It's juvenile and mean-spirited — this board is lesser for it.

Sorry Marcus. I'll take some of the blame for posting the request.  The request was in jest. There have been countless threads about Heisenberg posting the full text of Matt's work.

Marcus92

• All American
Sorry Marcus. I'll take some of the blame for posting the request.  The request was in jest. There have been countless threads about Heisenberg posting the full text of Matt's work.

Somehow I completely overlooked the fact that your request was in teal and took it literally. Now I know why that's not done here. All good.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words