'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Kostas off the board  (Read 19674 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Kostas off the board
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2016, 09:48:34 AM »
Why do you think Kostas came off the bench at a D4 WIAA high school? Coaches kid ahead of him? Mind games? Just trying to make it fair for the other team? I personally think he's not very good at basketball. What's your take?
Archie Miller thinks he is very good at basketball. The Draft Express people indicate he is someone the NBA is monitoring. They don't waste time monitoring people who cannot play. Domincan was also the home of Diamond Stone and Duane Wilson, who the last time I checked were pretty good players.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2016, 09:51:35 AM »
Domincan was also the home of Diamond Stone and Duane Wilson, who the last time I checked were pretty good players.

And it can be argued that both have underperformed their early, loftier ratings.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »
Archie Miller thinks he is very good at basketball. The Draft Express people indicate he is someone the NBA is monitoring. They don't waste time monitoring people who cannot play. Domincan was also the home of Diamond Stone and Duane Wilson, who the last time I checked were pretty good players.

So....you don't have answer for why he didn't start for a Division 4 WIAA team.

I have an answer for why he is rated so high and why the NBA is monitoring him. His last name and his height.

I'll accept that he has upside. But that's all that he's got going for him right now. He's simply not very good at basketball right now. He might get better, but I doubt he will spend enough time at a college to get to that point.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2016, 04:28:40 PM »
So....you don't have answer for why he didn't start for a Division 4 WIAA team.

I have an answer for why he is rated so high and why the NBA is monitoring him. His last name and his height.

I'll accept that he has upside. But that's all that he's got going for him right now. He's simply not very good at basketball right now. He might get better, but I doubt he will spend enough time at a college to get to that point.
Kostas was a starter.

Glad to see you believe he may have upside.

I believe he comes from a good family background and will work hard to realize on his potential .

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2016, 05:46:30 PM »
Kostas was a starter.

I believe he comes from a good family background and will work hard to realize on his potential .

Great.  He gowne.  We had no interest.  If you would like to continue to discuss how excited his fans are go join the Dayton board.  I'm sure they'd be happy to have you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2016, 05:52:19 PM »
Kostas was a starter.

He might work hard to realize his potential, at a JUCO or in Europe. I have my doubts it will be at Dayton or any other D1 program.

All I was trying to get you to realize is that while Kostas does have upside because of his size and last name, he isn't very good at basketball right now. There is overwhelming evidence to support that fact. He could be the next Greek Freak, certainly possible but that doesn't make him any better right now.

And yes you are right, he did start his senior year. After riding the bench his first three despite his high ranking and massive size. Even when he finally started, he wasn't even close to dominate. Dominate is the only adjective that should be used for a high major player who's a senior in D4 WIAA.

That's all I got. I'll drop it after this.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »

Is there anyways you can drop this Bone.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2016, 10:25:56 PM »
He might work hard to realize his potential, at a JUCO or in Europe. I have my doubts it will be at Dayton or any other D1 program.

All I was trying to get you to realize is that while Kostas does have upside because of his size and last name, he isn't very good at basketball right now. There is overwhelming evidence to support that fact. He could be the next Greek Freak, certainly possible but that doesn't make him any better right now.

And yes you are right, he did start his senior year. After riding the bench his first three despite his high ranking and massive size. Even when he finally started, he wasn't even close to dominate. Dominate is the only adjective that should be used for a high major player who's a senior in D4 WIAA.

That's all I got. I'll drop it after this.
Archie Miller, believes in Kostas strength of family which I believe is one of his strong points. Says he has immense potential. This kid wants a coach who believes in him and Miller does.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/sports/archie-miller-kostas-antetokounmpo-has-immense-pot/nrpYz/
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2016, 10:51:50 PM »
And clearly Wojo didn't, so let's give it a rest. Kostas is going elsewhere, best of luck, was never going to get an offer here regardless.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2016, 06:28:57 AM »
Archie Miller, believes in Kostas strength of family which I believe is one of his strong points. Says he has immense potential. This kid wants a coach who believes in him and Miller does.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/sports/archie-miller-kostas-antetokounmpo-has-immense-pot/nrpYz/

Why are you posting stuff on a recruit MU never had any interest in on MUScoop?

Care to share how Brady Ellington's doing?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2016, 07:51:16 AM »

Is there anyways you can drop this Bone.

Ice water or hittin' it wit a hammer usually duz da trick, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2016, 07:57:51 AM »

Ice water or hittin' it wit a hammer usually duz da trick, ai na?

That's a long reach for me.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2016, 08:29:21 AM »
That's a long reach for me.

then ya might wanna have someone else help ya out  or a longer hammer-Enn'A hey?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2016, 08:33:59 AM »
then ya might wanna have someone else help ya out  or a longer hammer-Enn'A hey?

I guess I'll need help, my hammer's not that long..................wait for it

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »
In case anyone was wondering, Kostas signed  his NLI. Dayton very excited. Hopefully MU can meet up with Dayton in the tournament. That would be fun.   
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/kostas-antetokounmpo-signs-letter-of-intent-with-university-of-dayton-b99757628z1-385780921.html?page=1
                       ---Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2016, 05:05:03 PM »
I'd like to have MU meet up with anyone in the tournament. Dayton means less then nothing to me.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »
In case anyone was wondering, Kostas signed  his NLI. Dayton very excited. Hopefully MU can meet up with Dayton in the tournament. That would be fun.   
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/kostas-antetokounmpo-signs-letter-of-intent-with-university-of-dayton-b99757628z1-385780921.html?page=1

Nobody cares. Give it up. He wasn't wanted. Best of luck to him. Join Dayton's basketball forum if you want somewhere to post every time his name is posted online.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2016, 05:22:29 PM »

Why would that be fun? There's no rivalry anymore between us, we didn't go after kostas so it's not like he'd be against that team he spurned, he has no connection to MU other than living in MKE for a short while. In fact the only reason you should be saying itd be fun is if you're so obsessed with the idea we should've gone after him that you'd want him to kick our a$$ in which case you're like the worst MU fan ever.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2016, 05:44:40 PM »

No he didn't sign an NLI with Dayton. That's completely false. Don't believe everything you read. Didn't happen and will not ever happen
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2016, 06:52:38 PM »
No he didn't sign an NLI with Dayton. That's completely false. Don't believe everything you read. Didn't happen and will not ever happen
Thanks for clarifying.
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2016, 09:06:58 AM »
Maybe ders a chance of some Newbill action on dis kid, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »
Yep, the NLI period ended in May, so all Kostas can sign are institution-specific paperwork.  In essence, he is still a free agent until he enrolls as a full-time student for the first semester.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2016, 09:47:35 AM »
Yep, the NLI period ended in May, so all Kostas can sign are institution-specific paperwork.  In essence, he is still a free agent until he enrolls as a full-time student for the first semester.

Not quite a free agent since he has signed financial aid / scholarship papers, but you're right on the NLI.

The journal sentinel got it wrong and Marquette Fan In NY believed it. Further, he posted more non-news re: Kostas on the Hanging' at the Al board of this site.

The interesting news will be if/when Kostas hits the floor in a real game this winter as an eligible student-athlete.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2016, 09:49:14 AM »
Not quite a free agent since he has signed financial aid / scholarship papers, but you're right on the NLI.

The journal sentinel got it wrong and Marquette Fan In NY believed it. Further, he posted more non-news re: Kostas on the Hanging' at the Al board of this site.

The interesting news will be if/when Kostas hits the floor in a real game this winter as an eligible student-athlete.

I agree with this analysis.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2016, 11:16:21 AM »

Here is what Dayton said on their website, which the Journal Sentinel took their story from :

DAYTON – University of Dayton men's basketball coach Archie Miller has announced that Kostas Antetokounmpo, a 6-foot-10, 190-pound forward from Athens, Greece, has signed to play at the University of Dayton.

(Pronunciation:  COAST-us Ah-day-toe-KOON-boe)

The point is he is enrolling in the school .

Yes, the interesting news will be if he is certified by the NCAA and actually plays.

We won't know those details until later.

---Al McGuire