Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ike Eke playing at MU Team Camp  (Read 7327 times)

MarkMiller

• Scholarship Player
Ike Eke playing at MU Team Camp
« on: June 23, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »
Ike Eke and his Detroit Jesuit teammates are scheduled to take part in the Marquette team camp this weekend.

On Saturday, Eke and Detroit Jesuit play at 11 a.m. against Racine Park and Nobal Days in the McGuire Center.

At 1:00 p.m., Eke is scheduled to play Orr Academy of Chicago in the McGuire Center.

And at 3:00 p.m., Eke is scheduled to play Cedarburg with DePaul recruit John Diener in the McGuire Center.

On Sunday, Eke and Detroit Jesuit play at 11 a.m. against Chicago Kenwood in the McGuire Center.

At 1:00 p.m., Eke is scheduled to play Muskego in the McGuire Center.

And at 3:00 p.m., Eke is scheduled to play a club known as Fastbreak in the McGuire Center.

Milwaukee Washington, Milwaukee Pius XI, Brookfield Central, Bloomington (IL.), Bloomington Catholic Central, Lake Forest (IL), Zion Benton (IL), Arrowhead, The Prairie School among many others also taking part.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Ike Eke playing at MU Team Camp
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:59:38 PM »
Thanks for the info M2. If I wasn't in Texas, I would go and check out Eke and Days.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »
Dis open ta da pubic, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »
Tell them you know me.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:21:50 PM »
Don't think you can go pubic
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
Just called the MU ticket office and was told this weekend's games are not only open to the public.......they are free.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »
I watched the first game, which paired Eke against Noble. The first half they pretty much shut each other down. I am not sure, if either one scored. I did not keep score, but it would not surprise me if Eke had 10 points in the second half as his team came from behind to win by 2. Eke is stronger than Noble. Both are very mobile and while they are not Ellenson with the ball they do handle the ball well. Both of them looked to pass the ball. Eke would rebound out of his area. It looked like Eke was a little taller than Nobel, but Nobel's hair was cut very short and Eke's hair style may be why he looked taller. At this point Eke is better, but Noble is two years younger and I think he could be the better player. They both are mobile enough to play the four, but I did not see any evidence that they could hit a 10 ft jumper. I think they both can become very good players and hopefully we will see both develop at MU.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 05:04:01 PM »
Thanks for the report.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 05:12:54 PM »
Thanks for the report.

Double thanks for the recap Bilsu.  Great to hear your impressions.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 06:57:54 PM »
I watched the first game, which paired Eke against Noble. The first half they pretty much shut each other down. I am not sure, if either one scored. I did not keep score, but it would not surprise me if Eke had 10 points in the second half as his team came from behind to win by 2. Eke is stronger than Noble. Both are very mobile and while they are not Ellenson with the ball they do handle the ball well. Both of them looked to pass the ball. Eke would rebound out of his area. It looked like Eke was a little taller than Nobel, but Nobel's hair was cut very short and Eke's hair style may be why he looked taller. At this point Eke is better, but Noble is two years younger and I think he could be the better player. They both are mobile enough to play the four, but I did not see any evidence that they could hit a 10 ft jumper. I think they both can become very good players and hopefully we will see both develop at MU.
Thanks for the report and taking the time to see the event . Very helpful.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 06:40:01 AM »
Thanks for recap.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 08:57:09 AM »
great info, thanks

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 09:24:18 AM »
great info, thanks

Good opportunity to set up a stand.  Done deal, eh?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »
The one thing I did not post about Eke is that his shoulders look like he will have the ability to add a lot of muscle. He has straight shoulders vs. sloping shoulders and they appear to be wider than his body.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »

Good opportunity to set up a stand.  Done deal, eh?

salsa adds muscle, ey

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 05:35:32 PM »
Are we not recruiting John Diener?  Didn't we learn our lesson once about losing a Diener to DePaul?  I would recruit Travis' niece to our men's team - if there's a Diener out there, you take them and roll the dice. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 06:02:32 PM »
Are we not recruiting John Diener?  Didn't we learn our lesson once about losing a Diener to DePaul?  I would recruit Travis' niece to our men's team - if there's a Diener out there, you take them and roll the dice.

Maybe this discussion should take place in the recruiting thread?

Well, for one thing, John Diener has already committed to DePaul.  I'm not sure if a sophomore who's expecting high major offers commits prior to the end of his sophomore year unless its to a blue blood.

I don't recall Drake being that great a player, although IIRC he did seem to have some of his better games against us.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2016, 06:07:14 PM »
I don't recall Drake being that great a player, although IIRC he did seem to have some of his better games against us.

Incredible shooting his Jr & Sr years (63.7% and 60.4% eFG%, respectively). Never a high-usage guy (senior year just under 20%), but he shot lights out.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 07:29:28 PM »
The one thing I did not post about Eke is that his shoulders look like he will have the ability to add a lot of muscle. He has straight shoulders vs. sloping shoulders and they appear to be wider than his body.
I notice that as well from videos. Glad you confirmed it in person. I think he could easily be a 245 250 pounder after working with Todd.
                       ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »
Incredible shooting his Jr & Sr years (63.7% and 60.4% eFG%, respectively). Never a high-usage guy (senior year just under 20%), but he shot lights out.

Yeah at no point did I ever think "man I wish Marquette would have recruited him."

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »
Dude needs needs some salsa, eh?

feedback