[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] The night before the NBA Draft - where does Ellenson go?  (Read 6153 times)

CrackedSidewalks

The night before the NBA Draft - where does Ellenson go?

The NBA will conduct its annual draft tomorrow as 60 players from around the world will be selected for an opportunity to play in the NBA.  Marquette's Henry Ellenson is a sure fire first round pick, but whether he is a sure fire lottery pick now has some experts uncertain.  Last month we interviewed Jonathan Givony, founder of DraftExpress, for his predictions.  Since that meeting, DraftExpress has had Ellenson move up a bit, but recently slipping all the way to number 18.  They caution that the prediction ultimately could change based on a number of unknown variables, a trade, a team misses out on a "must have" player, a last minute piece of information that causes a player's stock to drop as we saw in the NFL draft this year.  Ellenson could go as high as 9 per the site.

Other publications have Ellenson also in the 7 to 21 range.  Several believe he will land locally with the Milwaukee Bucks and continue his presence in Cream City.  Regardless of where he is drafted, tomorrow night will be one of the most important days in his life and mark another draft choice from the Marquette basketball program.

Henry Ellenson NBA Draft Mock predictions

Sports Cheat Sheet pick 7 - Denver Nuggets
Forbes pick 8 - Sacramento Kings
CBS pick 9 - Toronto Raptors
WalterFootball  pick 9 - Toronto Raptors
Dick Vitale pick 9 - Toronto Raptors
NBA.com pick 10 - Milwaukee Bucks
Fox Sports pick 10 - Milwaukee Bucks
Draftsite pick 11 - Orlando Magic
Bleacher Report pick 12 - Utah Jazz
MyNBADraft  pick 12 - Utah Jazz
Chad Ford pick 13 - Phoenix Suns
SB Nation  pick 13 - Phoenix Suns
NBADraft.net pick 16 - Boston Celtics
Hoops Hype  pick 16 - Boston Celtics
Draft Express pick 18 - Detroit Pistons
Washington Post pick 21 - Atlanta Hawks

Source: The night before the NBA Draft - where does Ellenson go?

Marcus92

• All American
Another couple predictions based on statistical analysis by members of the APRB (Association for Professional Basketball Research).

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2016-APBR-NBA-Draft-Statistical-Modeling-Showcase-5600/

One has Henry going 3rd (!), the other 17th. They both agree on Simmons, Ingram, Dunn, Poeltl, and Murray as Top 10 picks. But they vary wildly on many others, including: Marquese Chris (32nd and 14th), Buddy Hield (44th and 6th), Skal Labissiere (30th and 16th), Denzel Valentine (28th and 10th), Taurean Prince (34th and 11th), Dejounte Murray (4th and 25th) and Domantas Sabonis (43rd and 8th).

I'll be glad when it's all done and we can finally stop reading about the dozens of mock drafts and projections. (Then it'll be on to the 2017 NBA draft.)
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

We R Final Four

• All American
So.......HE could go as high as 3..........OR he might slip to as low as 21. But, any and all movements can be pre-explained by team needs, trades, team roster movements. Awesome.

Marcus92

• All American
So.......HE could go as high as 3..........OR he might slip to as low as 21. But, any and all movements can be pre-explained by team needs, trades, team roster movements. Awesome.

If anything, the differences between the mock drafts may indicate the differences in how NBA teams evaluate talent. It's not as though all scouts and GMs all see the exact same things in a player.

The general consensus I've seen is the talent at the top isn't as strong at the top as some drafts β€” i.e. Simmons and Ingram aren't at the same level as players like Lebron or Durant. But overall it's a relatively deep draft, with more talent throughout.

MU82

• All American
FWIW (probably not much), the Charlotte NBA guy is predicting Hankster 10th to the Does.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
My source* says he loves college and his brother, and is staying four years. 

*my source lives in New York.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
My source* says he loves college and his brother, and is staying four years. 

*my source lives in New York.

+1.  Then he'll spend a bunch of time getting paid as a top 10 pick to go to the D League.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
Deceptive headline....I thought this article was going to be about Henry's pre-draft nightclub itinerary.
Have some patience, FFS.

Marcus92

• All American
Deceptive headline....I thought this article was going to be about Henry's pre-draft nightclub itinerary.

I'd guess a pancake house. Henry seems like a flapjack kind of guy.

GB Warrior

• All American

Well we'll know the answer if he meets up with Miles Plumlee while in the NYC/NJ area.

Jay Bee

• All American

Sounds a lot like the cristal bowel, ainnna? Gathers a lot of website hits for the folks who through up mocks... past that? Ehhh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Bocephys

• All American
Seems like a safe O/U is 10.5

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Sounds a lot like the cristal bowel, ainnna? Gathers a lot of website hits for the folks who through up mocks... past that? Ehhh

It does sound like Crystal Ball. I now have a general idea of where I can expect Henry to be drafted. He's not for sure going #10 but I know not to expect him to go #1 or undrafted. Just like crystal ball can tell me what schools are pursuing a certain recruit. Markus Howard wasn't for sure going to Marquette but I knew we were in play and many other schools weren't.

Both are fine as long as you don't treat them as gospel.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
I'm predicting he ends up in Toronto.

BrewCity83

• All American
Seems like a safe O/U is 10.5

I'll take the under.  I think the Bucks like him and will take him at 10 if he's not snapped up earlier.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GB Warrior

• All American
I'll take the under.  I think the Bucks like him and will take him at 10 if he's not snapped up earlier.

+1

I'd he surprided to see him slide past 9, and even more surprised to see him slide past 10

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American

You're as bad with the crystal ball as Chicos is when someone mentions Crean.

Mock drafts are fun and provide some context.  Nothing wrong with that. 

GoldenDieners32

• All American
If Henry slips out of the lottery he will be taken right away

Jay Bee

• All American
It does sound like Crystal Ball. I now have a general idea of where I can expect Henry to be drafted. He's not for sure going #10 but I know not to expect him to go #1 or undrafted. Just like crystal ball can tell me what schools are pursuing a certain recruit. Markus Howard wasn't for sure going to Marquette but I knew we were in play and many other schools weren't.

Both are fine as long as you don't treat them as gospel.

The cristal bowel sometimes tells you what schools are pursuing a certain recruit.. often times, that marketing toy does not. [for a recent, near home example, see Kostas this week]
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Nukem2

• All American
The cristal bowel sometimes tells you what schools are pursuing a certain recruit.. often times, that marketing toy does not. [for a recent, near home example, see Kostas this week]
The Kostas situation, to be fair here, is a rather unusual one.  The CB generally has the major players listed, FBOW.  CB is obviously often not very accurate, but it does usually have the schools involved in the recruitment.  Just another tool for recruitniks.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
When considering Crystal Ball, the most important usage related to Scoop is verification of life. If anyone is concerned about Jay Bee's health, all they need to do is post the words "Crystal Ball says" and he will respond within an hour.

If Jay Bee's response does not include the "Cristal Bowel" spelling, call 911 and inform them he may be suffering from stroke or diabetic symptoms. If he does not respond at all within an hour, warn responders that he is likely dead.

Consider it to be the Scoop version of a health and welfare check.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified

Well yeah. Just like some mock drafts had Deyonta Davis going top 10 and he ended up second round. Sometimes they are completely off, and that's ok. Sometimes good hard analysis is off too. As long as you know what it is and don't treat it like more than it is, its fine.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback