[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Matt Velazquez] Power forward Ikechukwu Eke commits to Marquette's 2017 recruiting class  (Read 19440 times)

MattVelazquez

Power forward Ikechukwu Eke commits to Marquette's 2017 recruiting class

On Sunday afternoon, Ikechukwu Eke tweeted that he intends to take his talents to Marquette in the fall of 2017.

Source: Power forward Ikechukwu Eke commits to Marquette's 2017 recruiting class

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
Welcome Ike Eke!!!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Damn, looks really good, excited to get him on campus

https://youtu.be/i_F5cKd90Ik

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American

He was playing against kids who were like a foot shorter than him. I'd wait before we get too hyped, a la Juan Anderson.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
6'9" 220!!  great body to work with, shows good movement, hand-eye-body control.  this guy has potential written all over him.  next up, work ethic and heart. looks like he could flow pretty well with a small to mid size fast lineup. wojo is certainly picking his players to fit a certainstyle he wants to go forward with. -welcome mr eke- glad to have him on board
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
It'll be interesting to follow his development this year.  Being so new to basketball, the developmental curve should remain steep.  Certainly a prototypical 4.  Hope he brings a desire to do the dirty work.

esotericmindguy

• All American

No Kidding! The 6'9 guy can dunk on 6 foot white kids! I see no reason why that summer league highlight reel won't immediately translate into Big East basketball!! Damn!!

chapman

• All American
6'9" 220!!  great body to work with

+1.  Not going to get super excited about his skills at this point, but it's better than starting with a 6'9" 190 beanpole or a 6'6" 220 who the roster will necessitate play as an undersized 5.

MUfan12

• All American
Good size and athleticism, and frame they can add muscle on. Smart kid who comes from an outstanding basketball program.

I like it, especially with 3 more scholarships to give.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Good size and athleticism, and frame they can add muscle on. Smart kid who comes from an outstanding basketball program.

I like it, especially with 3 more scholarships to give.

One of Galli's friends said on twitter that Ike has a rapidly developing mid-range game as well which will benefit him going forward. Add that to his motor and he could be a very nice piece.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

g0lden3agle

• All American
*MUScoop watches video of Henry in HS beating up on poor little farm boys*

"This is our savior! Rejoice!!!"

*MUScoop watching video of Ike in HS beating up on poor little metro Detroit kids*

"Ya sure, but those were only easy highlights!"

Granted, there are certain individuals on Scoop that had an opportunity to see Henry against elite competition and doubled down on his skills at that point.  I'll wait till I hear from the likes of those people on Scoop (Jay Bee?) before I start trashing this guys highlight video.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
If memory serves, didn't McCaskill have limited hoops experience before coming to MU?  Or am I thinking of some other big who then developed rapidly?

JakeBarnes

• All American

*MUScoop watching video of Ike in HS beating up on poor little metro Detroit kids*

Granted, there are certain individuals on Scoop that had an opportunity to see Henry against elite competition and doubled down on his skills at that point.  I'll wait till I hear from the likes of those people on Scoop (Jay Bee?) before I start trashing this guys highlight video.

Yeah. It's always tough. No one will be happy all the time. It's especially difficult with a prospect of this nature that requires a fair amount of projection.  That said...Embiid required a lot of projection too. Let's hope Ike has some of that projection in him. His frame and motor are already there.

GGGG

• All American
Hey if Wojo wants him, I'm good.

Not that we have a huge body of evidence to go by, but he hasn't made many recruiting "misses" that I can see outside of that one dude who transferred right back to California.  Even the ones that haven't contributed yet (Sacar) have an upside that gives me hope.

Blackhat

• All American
Alright, alright, alright!!

Looks like a great prospect!

tower912

• All American
6'9, 220, athletic, wants to play at Marquette.    Late to the game but learning and improving.   Of course he is an unfinished player.  Of course there are going to be frustrating moments.   Of course some short-sighted moron is going to, at some point, call him a wasted scholarship.    He has another season of HS ball to learn and improve.    He may even grow and fill out.   But at this point, he is 6'9, 220, athletic and wants to come to MU.    Reason to celebrate. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CTWarrior

• All American
6'9, 220, athletic, wants to play at Marquette.    Late to the game but learning and improving.   Of course he is an unfinished player.  Of course there are going to be frustrating moments.   Of course some short-sighted moron is going to, at some point, call him a wasted scholarship.    He has another season of HS ball to learn and improve.    He may even grow and fill out.   But at this point, he is 6'9, 220, athletic and wants to come to MU.    Reason to celebrate.

Well-stated.  Feel exactly the same.  Welcome aboard, Ike!
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

JakeBarnes

• All American

You stated what I wanted to say but more succinctly. Very happy about this. Bird in hand.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi

Some need a security blanket!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Marcus92

• All American

I get your point. But this isn't a fair comparison. Henry was a consensus 5-star recruit who helped the U.S. win gold at the FIBA U17 World Championships. Eke, while a legit prospect, simply isn't at the same level.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.

Yep.

Walcome to Marquette, Ike!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American

Welcome to the Marquette family Ike!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Well-stated.  Feel exactly the same.  Welcome aboard, Ike!

+1

AZWarrior

• All American
Welcome to the Marquette family Ike!

And don't worry.  The same posters who will declare you a "wasted scholly" when you're a freshman will love you when you're a junior.   :)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
As a UDJ & MU alum, this is fun to see. First Cub in a Marquette uniform since I've been following the team.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

feedback