[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rowsey  (Read 11642 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Rowsey
« on: June 19, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »
I was told second hand that there was a D1 college basketball player from the area who went elsewhere that was back home for a bit this summer and played some pickup ball at the Al with the MU guys.  This player said that Rowsey was "Killing it" and was the best player by far.

I will admit I wasn't a big fan when I didn't have any real knowledge of his game when he committed to Marquette, but after hearing that he was dominating Carter and Cheatham before the Italy trip and now hearing this, I think this kid is going to be really good for us.  Looking forward to him showing it in an MU uniform.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Rowsey
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »
Have heard from a few people this summer that Rowsey is a legit player. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people. Would not surprise me at all if he was one of the leaders of this team next year not just in terms of playing ability but vocally and emotionally as well.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »
I believe rowsey will be the leading scorer next year. Him and jujuan might go great together with his outside ability and jujuan slashing

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 06:46:04 PM »
ND sucks

Mane37

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 07:16:13 PM »
But was he walking around in a boot?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »
i might have to ditch the 80" er and recapture my season tix!  i have some good feelings about coming season.  they have the potential ingredients for being a very exciting team to watch
don't...don't don't don't don't

Bricky

• Starter
  • sparkle sparkle
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 07:48:42 PM »
[√] Crean
[√] ND
[√] Boot

Job done, Scoop. Now move along; there's nothing to see here.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 07:52:28 PM »
I was told second hand that there was a D1 college basketball player from the area who went elsewhere that was back home for a bit this summer and played some pickup ball at the Al with the MU guys.  This player said that Rowsey was "Killing it" and was the best player by far.

I will admit I wasn't a big fan when I didn't have any real knowledge of his game when he committed to Marquette, but after hearing that he was dominating Carter and Cheatham before the Italy trip and now hearing this, I think this kid is going to be really good for us.  Looking forward to him showing it in an MU uniform.
Rowsey scored 1000 points in D1 play already. I am delighted he is on our team. He has had a year to get stronger, work on his game and build chemistry with teammates. I think he will be a fan favorite.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 07:53:34 PM »
[√] Crean
[√] ND
[√] Boot

Job done, Scoop. Now move along; there's nothing to see here.

pardon my naivety, but just not on the same wavelength here
don't...don't don't don't don't

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 08:14:48 PM »
The guy scored 20 points a game at the D1 level and around 40% from 3. I don't care what conference you play in, that's impressive. I'm not surprised. Hopefully that means I won't have to watch Carter play 25MPG.

I really wish Gill would have committed. They would have went from young to experienced in 6 months.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
Markus.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »
I hope everything everyone is saying about Rowsey is true.    I hope everything that Jay Bee is saying about Markus is true.    However, if they are, MU is in trouble.    In the Big East, you simply can't start two <6' guards.   Unless you are Buzz.     A starting lineup of 5'10, 5'11, 6'5, 6'5, 6'11?    (Rowsey, Howard, JjJ, Cheatham, Luke)      IMO, the only way to make this work is to play uptempo and press.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 09:10:47 PM »
I hope everything everyone is saying about Rowsey is true.    I hope everything that Jay Bee is saying about Markus is true.    However, if they are, MU is in trouble.    In the Big East, you simply can't start two <6' guards.   Unless you are Buzz.     A starting lineup of 5'10, 5'11, 6'5, 6'5, 6'11?    (Rowsey, Howard, JjJ, Cheatham, Luke)      IMO, the only way to make this work is to play uptempo and press.

Reinhardt will be one of our top 5 players....so that's at least 6'6....
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »
I am very enthusiastic about Rowsey but I dont see him as a starter or on the floor at the same time as another smaller player for the reasons you site. I will reserve comment on Markus until such time as he actually plays in college games. He has great upside  potential but we need to see how he makes the high school to college adjustment. from all the reports it sounds as if he should adapt well and quickly which would be great because I think he can do things that will make everyone else even more effective.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 09:12:18 PM »
I've heard very similar things about Rowsey since he got here. I've even heard some Travis Diener comparisons....maybe not quite in talent level, but in attitude and play style.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 09:21:07 PM »
Not worried we have played a lot smaller before.
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »
That coach doesn't coach here anymore.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 09:46:37 PM »
Wojo has assembled a lot of talent. He didn't bring in these players without a plan. Size counts — but so do quickness, veteran leadership, spacing, passing, outside shooting, ball handling, and defense. Think we could be a very versatile team. Going small might be a great option in certain game situations. Have to see what the rotation and substitutions look like.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 09:49:48 PM »
I've heard very similar things about Rowsey since he got here. I've even heard some Travis Diener comparisons....maybe not quite in talent level, but in attitude and play style.

I think he's going to be a quick fan favorite. Well...favorite of our fans, at least. Everyone else is probably going to hate him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »
warriors will be tough to be beat this season.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 11:06:19 PM »
I'm just hoping Rowsey and/or Markus can hit the easy 3s.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 12:00:33 AM »
I think he's going to be a quick fan favorite. Well...favorite of our fans, at least. Everyone else is probably going to hate him.

Remember when he paid his own way to New York & spent the Legends Classic yapping at Ben Simmons?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 07:17:00 AM »
I remember a discussion way back about Rowsey playing off the ball.  So I suppose I can envision where he and Howard might be on the court together.  Guess my worry would be on the defensive end.  But it sure will be nice if we can always have multiple shooters on the court.  Should really open up the driving lanes for JjJ and Hanni.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 07:49:09 AM »
How many college 2 guards have a post game you have to worry about with a small defender on him?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter