Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Grad Transfer PFs or Cs Left  (Read 24095 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Grad Transfer PFs or Cs Left
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2016, 11:14:14 AM »
Anyone have additional color on this?

Can BD take some time from sweeping the Al to weigh in? Seems like the type we need right now. Would fill our big need and make me feel a lot better about the prospects for next year.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »

Put it this way.  I think L.G. Gill's transfer was the former.  He wanted to leave the mid major school and he basically reopened his recruitment as a grad transfer.  He took visits and the process took over a month from beginning to end.

I think Katin Reinhardt was more the latter.  I'm not saying that it was a violation of any sort, but I think when he announced he was leaving USC, that Marquette was the very likely destination from the beginning due to his connection with Stan.  I'm sure somehow back-channel talks were happening.

Yeah that one was really quick. I'd agree on both counts.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2016, 11:19:57 AM »
Can BD take some time from sweeping the Al to weigh in? Seems like the type we need right now. Would fill our big need and make me feel a lot better about the prospects for next year.

Agreed. Give us 20-25 minutes at the 4. Grab rebounds and lets the other 4  guys on the court score. Take a ton of interior pressure of Luke, and therefore less reliance on Matt.  Doesn't force us to play Reinhardt, Sandy and Sacar at the 4 more than a handful of minutes each.

Dude isn't anything special, but he is sort of exactly what they need at this point. I'd obviously prefer a PF that can board AND fill it up, but that does run the risk of messing up the teams mojo a bit at this juncture.  A risk I'd certainly be willing to take, but I don't see that guy appearing, short of Wojo taking a shot at White.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback