[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cincinnati gorilla  (Read 6121 times)

jsglow

• All American
Cincinnati gorilla
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:19:26 PM »
I'll bet we can get a few pages on this little tidbit.  Parents, please keep an eye on your young kids.  This ended very badly but could have been much worse.  Lots to talk about including barriers, tranquilizer guns, scum sucking lawyers and the lawsuits to come, etc.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Cincinnati gorilla
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »
As the Monday morning qb's are coming out just as they do in many other situations where quick decisions need to be made.  All they know at that moment is young boy in harms way. how are they going to save the YOUNG BOY'S LIFE? 

Now, afterwards, oh, the animal was holding hands with the kid??
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »
As always.  It does seem that most gorilla experts agree with the decision.  Too bad he didn't heed the audible warning that apparently the two females obeyed.  I suppose there will also be some that argue that a barrier that's been perfectly safe for 38 years isn't good enough anymore.  We all need to live in our plastic bubble.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 05:23:36 PM »
At first glance, seemed like this was gonna be 'bout da Bearcats. Relieved we're not goin' der, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 05:41:31 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 05:47:19 PM »

Honkey Kong would have totally gotten away with it.
Have some patience, FFS.

brandx

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 06:12:17 PM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »
Should have let the mom fight the gorilla for the baby.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 06:53:15 PM »

hmmmmmmm ?-(  steeeeeeeeeee-rike heyheyheyn'a?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 06:54:04 PM »
Thanks, Sultan. That made me laugh.

I steal Facebook memes with the best of them.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »
Good work Sultan.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 08:14:34 PM »
I thought it was funny, but not sure if art imitates...or what....cuz cuz.  Of course, the little boy was actually black, so the outrage makes it even more crazy.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/05/30/killing-a-gorilla-to-save-a-white-boy-was-a-racist-move-according-to-public-outcry-346410
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:31:59 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »
Handful of tweets, some of which may not be serious.  <yawn>

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 09:09:52 PM »
I am not sure they needed to kill the Gorilla. I read that they did not think tranquilizers would take effect quick enough. I would think they could have wounded the Gorilla enough to get the kid.

I am Pro Gorilla and blame the parents in this case.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 10:12:38 PM »
Tastes like chicken?

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 10:39:12 PM »
I am not sure they needed to kill the Gorilla. I read that they did not think tranquilizers would take effect quick enough. I would think they could have wounded the Gorilla enough to get the kid.

Agreed. I'm not a big tort guy, but would love to see the parents sued

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 11:53:51 PM »
As always.  It does seem that most gorilla experts agree with the decision.  Too bad he didn't heed the audible warning that apparently the two females obeyed.  I suppose there will also be some that argue that a barrier that's been perfectly safe for 38 years isn't good enough anymore.  We all need to live in our plastic bubble.

Its funny that some will blame a gorilla for not obeying an audible warning, but not the parents or the kid who couldn't obey common sense.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 04:37:52 AM »
Agreed. I'm not a big tort guy, but would love to see the parents sued

last i heard was the gorilla family has retained the services of hanna, barbera, peebles and ogee to represent them in a probable wrongful death

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:02 AM »

I think it's a horrible tragedy -- and I certainly lean toward the pro-gorilla side of things.  But I'm not sure that wounding the gorilla (i.e., pissing him off) would have been the best way to go.  Wounded animals tend to be a little unpredictable.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 07:32:48 AM »
Its funny that some will blame a gorilla for not obeying an audible warning, but not the parents or the kid who couldn't obey common sense.

Perhaps you misunderstand me.  I'm simply saying it's unfortunate that he didn't.  I don't blame the gorilla at all.  He was simply, well, being a silverback male gorilla.  But he was placed in a situation he was completely unprepared for and the consequences could have been horrific.

I guess view this as a very unfortunate situation.  Not interested in 'blaming mom' for her poor parenting.  Certainly don't think they need to alter the barrier that has worked just fine for nearly 40 years.  Think that second guessing the response team that felt the need to put down the animal is too Monday morning QBing.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 08:37:18 AM »
Have some patience, FFS.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 09:19:11 AM »
Handful of tweets, some of which may not be serious.  <yawn>

Handful that we know of, point was there are people that actually think the way the meme was constructed.  Truly amazing.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 09:36:02 AM »
Perhaps you misunderstand me.  I'm simply saying it's unfortunate that he didn't.  I don't blame the gorilla at all.  He was simply, well, being a silverback male gorilla.  But he was placed in a situation he was completely unprepared for and the consequences could have been horrific.

I guess view this as a very unfortunate situation.  Not interested in 'blaming mom' for her poor parenting.  Certainly don't think they need to alter the barrier that has worked just fine for nearly 40 years.  Think that second guessing the response team that felt the need to put down the animal is too Monday morning QBing.

Agree. It's always easy for an outsider to say, "Well, I would have done X,Y and Z." From the accounts that I read, it appears that the mother was tending to her crying daughter when the 4yo bolted away and climbed the fence. She wasn't on her phone or chatting with friends or consciously neglecting her child, she was parenting. It was an unfortunate, flukish event. The only issue that I have with the mother is her FB post (since deleted), in which she doesn't take accountability or apologize for what happened.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »
Handful that we know of, point was there are people that actually think the way the meme was constructed.  Truly amazing.

Yes.  Everyone should think alike in every situation.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 09:56:46 AM »
Agree. It's always easy for an outsider to say, "Well, I would have done X,Y and Z." From the accounts that I read, it appears that the mother was tending to her crying daughter when the 4yo bolted away and climbed the fence. She wasn't on her phone or chatting with friends or consciously neglecting her child, she was parenting. It was an unfortunate, flukish event. The only issue that I have with the mother is her FB post (since deleted), in which she doesn't take accountability or apologize for what happened.
Sorry, this is BS.  You can't "parent" one of your kids while losing track of another in a place where something horrible could happen.