Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seat Selection Process -  (Read 57812 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Seat Selection Process -
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2016, 12:00:21 AM »
Rochester, MN.  The upcoming season will be our 18th year up here, with season tix the whole time.

I'd love to stop for chili, but the missus puts her foot down. :-\

We do frequent Sobelman's though....

he's franchising the sobleman name and product now.  first one will ne in the west bend area i believe
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2016, 06:23:01 AM »
Rochester, MN.  The upcoming season will be our 18th year up here, with season tix the whole time.

Ugh, that's a horrible drive, too.  Especially that stretch between Rochester and LaCrosse during winter.

Is your wife from there or did she get a job at Mayo?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2016, 07:30:43 AM »
Ugh, that's a horrible drive, too.  Especially that stretch between Rochester and LaCrosse during winter.

Is your wife from there or did she get a job at Mayo?

You're right about the Rochester-LaCrosse stretch in winter.  So flat that we often have snow blowing across I-90 and then giving a light glaze on the road.

My wife and I are both from the Milwaukee area (me from Menomonee Falls, wife from Greendale, met at MU).  We both had great jobs in Milwaukee and planned to stay there for life.  Then my firm got Mayo as a client and I did most of the work.  When they made me an offer, I took it.  It was a drop in pay, but Mayo is a very employee-friendly place to work and Rochester is a very family-friendly town.  Our kids were 2 and 4 at the time, so my wife retired from her "career" job (dental hygienist), and has since gone into part-time work with the local school district.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2016, 09:10:09 AM »
Rochester is a great city, though it's been about 22 years since I lived there... I used to tell people that I lived just a few blocks from where Jimmy Bakker and Lyndon LaRouche were strangely bedfellowing, but that morsel of interest lost its luster about two decades ago.

In any event, the very nature and frequency of your game day commute definitely earns you a cushy spot next to Tower in the MU (Road) Warriors Hall of Fame.

BTW - I don't blame you for taking a cut in pay... Mayo Comprehensive (or whatever the plan is named today) is probably worth half your salary, if not more.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:13:11 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2016, 01:18:43 PM »
Has anyone selected their seats yet and have any insights? 
Ludum habemus.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2016, 03:44:07 PM »
Has anyone selected their seats yet and have any insights?

No Scoopers in the 1% apparently.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2016, 04:21:56 PM »

That's a fairly substantial figure.  They raise about $4.5 million or so every year.  5.6% is $250,000.

I wonder how many STH would drop if they introduced a tax included price that was a 5.6% increase. I don't think it would be all that much, especially with a good communications strategy explaining the switch and resultant benefits.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
I wonder how many STH would drop if they introduced a tax included price that was a 5.6% increase. I don't think it would be all that much, especially with a good communications strategy explaining the switch and resultant benefits.
Doubt it would deter too many.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »
Doubt it would deter too many.

Agreed.  Probably way fewer people would be upset by that than by the annoyance of every year reseating where you can't even pick your exact seats.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2016, 05:45:41 PM »
I was there for reseating last night.  Pretty much the same deal with about the same seat availability as I was given last year.  Best part of going in person is to spend a bit of time with a couple of players they have assigned during the time slot.  Both Heldt and Amin were there.  Great kids who are both eager to start trying tomorrow after a couple weeks off.  Sacar said the new pieces should fit in nice and we should be tough in a conference where all but 2 of its best players decided to go NBA.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
One tip when looking at the inventory...when viewing the overall lower bowl, you will see red and green sections in total.  However, if you click on an individual section, you can see that section in detail, row by row.  So an overall section won't be red until all rows are red when looking at a wider view.  A green section could be half red, however.  So, click on the sections. 

There is no 30 minute limit on these views.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2016, 07:12:13 AM »

Once saw a HS hockey game between Mayo and Marshall. Rockin'. Must have been 2000 fans. It was very cool. Hockey is king in Mn.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2016, 08:30:22 AM »
They did back off of that new 30 minute rule.  Glad of that.  I just found out from several via email that the Vadgers do not do reseating for fb or bb.  That being the case why do we?  They do call the extra amount a donation and have different levels like we do.  Also posts on a Badger board mention the 80% rule for Federal and that Wisconsin uses when the  the itemized deduction credit is calculated.  Of course sales tax is another issue.  Just wondering what is going on.  WDOR to MU yes you must WDOR to Wisconsin don't worry about it.  Or maybe WDOR to MU - well do what you want.       

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 01:02:51 PM »
They did back off of that new 30 minute rule.  Glad of that.  I just found out from several via email that the Vadgers do not do reseating for fb or bb.  That being the case why do we?  They do call the extra amount a donation and have different levels like we do.  Also posts on a Badger board mention the 80% rule for Federal and that Wisconsin uses when the  the itemized deduction credit is calculated.  Of course sales tax is another issue.  Just wondering what is going on.  WDOR to MU yes you must WDOR to Wisconsin don't worry about it.  Or maybe WDOR to MU - well do what you want.       

A cynic might say that the only reason that remains is to drive donations to the B&G Fund.  An optimist might say that this allows MU to adequately fund its athletic department, as the big State school doesn't need to do so because of it multiple funding sources. 
Ludum habemus.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »

If that's true it's changed. I spoke to Joe True when they started this and Wisconsin was already on an annual reseating plan. Either that or he gave me faulty information.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:02:47 PM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 02:14:39 PM »
If that's true it's changed. I spoke to Joe True when they started this and Wisconsin was already on an annual reseating plan. Either that or he gave me faulty information.

My boss has had the same 4 seats at Camp Randall forever although I'm not sure how this plays into it but he is in 1 of the few sections that do not require a seat license but he does donate to the Gridiron club, I didn't realize that was tax deductible.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2016, 05:08:16 PM »

I think Joe had a need to say that. More folks have told me no re seating.  Was with a long time UW hockey season ticket holder today.  Never has had any re seating.  Two emails yesterday from fb season ticketholders.  No reseating for fb.  One told me Alverez would like to reseat to reward big long time donors.    So.  What gives here!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »
I renewed my seats today. I always go down to MU. Duane Wilson took me into the reseating room. Last year's MU/UW game was on the TV in the waiting room. They had cookies and bottled water to take. I did not make a reseating donation and lost 4 rows. Moved from 200 row M to 200 row Q. My reseating time was 4:18.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2016, 06:35:51 PM »
I think Joe had a need to say that. More folks have told me no re seating.  Was with a long time UW hockey season ticket holder today.  Never has had any re seating.  Two emails yesterday from fb season ticketholders.  No reseating for fb.  One told me Alverez would like to reseat to reward big long time donors.    So.  What gives here!

He wouldn't have knowingly lied. That would be extremely irresponsible. My guess is that he had bad info.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »
A cynic might say that the only reason that remains is to drive donations to the B&G Fund.  An optimist might say that this allows MU to adequately fund its athletic department, as the big State school doesn't need to do so because of it multiple funding sources.

one year i donated to both the dental school and the B & G.  i thought i would be set for a while...i barely nudged the meter.  i didn't want the 200.  all i wanted was railing seats in the 400.  i had them for one year, then moved back 2 rows, then 4 more...and now i've got front row seats...in front of my 80 incher

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »
80 incher? Dats quite da rocket, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2016, 07:56:14 PM »
Once saw a HS hockey game between Mayo and Marshall. Rockin'. Must have been 2000 fans. It was very cool. Hockey is king in Mn.

Nope, JB is king in MN.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »
80 incher? Dats quite da rocket, hey?

mandatory purchase for my online CE classes.  let's just call it a virtual classroom EiNeR ;) ;) nodnod

augoman

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2016, 10:05:46 PM »
I selected tonight at 7:30, first year in many that I didn't make a donation.  My rank fell, my time moved back and my 4 seats moved up 4 rows.  Also first year that I didn't go in person-asked Joe True to rep me and he got me on the phone, kept me informed, confirmed seats when done.  Disappointed in the commotion, in the new seats, in the process in general.
Missed the fun of 'in person' selecting, but had a complication.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2016, 06:03:36 AM »
I selected tonight at 7:30, first year in many that I didn't make a donation.  My rank fell, my time moved back and my 4 seats moved up 4 rows.  Also first year that I didn't go in person-asked Joe True to rep me and he got me on the phone, kept me informed, confirmed seats when done.  Disappointed in the commotion, in the new seats, in the process in general.
Missed the fun of 'in person' selecting, but had a complication.

that, my friend, is what is commonly referred to as "THE GOLDEN RULE"  if my memory serves me correctly, they started this back when the team was more consistently competitive.  they are hedging on those circumstances returning...QUICKLY or this reseating plan will blow up in their faces.  they are acknowledging some long time season tix holders while they are quietly sending them out the door.  had you noticed that some of the tenured tix holders were showing not 40-45-50 + years anymore?  yes there still are a few, but watch as the most tenured tix holder 15-20-25 becomes the norm...hmmmmmmm

feedback