[Today at 08:13:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Lennys Tap
[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Talent Show Bottle Flip  (Read 2651 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Talent Show Bottle Flip
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
Just figured I'd share this for those who haven't seen it because it's absolutely hilarious.  The kid nails it, and the approach is perfect.

http://deadspin.com/this-water-bottle-flip-is-the-best-damn-thing-ive-seen-1778613824
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jficke13

• All American
Re: Talent Show Bottle Flip
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
I saw that and it's pretty dumb. I rate it one "Kids these days."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 11:52:34 AM »
The absurdity of the housing market in Charlotte is actually starting to make sense now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 08:29:35 PM »
This cat can piss in any bathroom he wants down there.   ;)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:46:27 AM »
I saw that and it's pretty dumb. I rate it one "Kids these days."

I thought the same. People posting it as though it's the most epic thing they've seen really need to get out more.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 10:59:39 AM »
I thought the same. People posting it as though it's the most epic thing they've seen really need to get out more.

I think basically just Deadspin posted it and everyone lemming-ed along for the ride.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »

I initially thought the fascination with this was because it's such an idiotic "talent" and the students ironically went wild. However, I'm starting to think that people really do find this "trick" to be amazing...presumably because they were told that it was amazing and can't think for themselves  ;)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 11:34:18 AM »
I initially thought the fascination with this was because it's such an idiotic "talent" and the students ironically went wild. However, I'm starting to think that people really do find this "trick" to be amazing...presumably because they were told that it was amazing and can't think for themselves  ;)

Haha nope, I think your initial thought was the correct thought.  The presentation of the "trick" is so awesome.  The music, the ridiculous walkup, the pause, holding the arm out, wondering "What the heck is this?  What is he going to do, slam the bottle to the ground?"  Then he just flips the bottle, puts his finger up and walks off.  So good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 12:10:46 PM »

Your first instinct it correct. It has 100% to do with the music, presentation, walk up, and the crowd ironically going nuts.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:19:44 PM »
I think basically just Deadspin posted it and everyone lemming-ed along for the ride.

+1,000,000

The headline writer is the one that truly made this viral.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »
Your first instinct it correct. It has 100% to do with the music, presentation, walk up, and the crowd ironically going nuts.

Exactly.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 12:58:44 PM »
Exactly.

I've been to some high school talent shows recently.  I've seen crowds cheer crazily - and most definitely ironically - for dubious "talent" that is displayed with a certain flair.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »

I did it on the 12th try; it's not that hard.  Just fill the bottle about 1/3 full.

If this was a video of the trick itself, it gets 50 hits on YouTube; the crowd reaction is what made it go viral.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 07:41:55 AM »
It seems like a scene from a bad 80's movie where the most popular guy in school does a non-talent thing in the talent show and gets the biggest round of applause simply because he is the most popular guy in school. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 10:34:36 AM »
Haha nope, I think your initial thought was the correct thought.  The presentation of the "trick" is so awesome.  The music, the ridiculous walkup, the pause, holding the arm out, wondering "What the heck is this?  What is he going to do, slam the bottle to the ground?"  Then he just flips the bottle, puts his finger up and walks off.  So good.

That's my thought. I showed it to my teenagers, they thought it was funny, but mostly because of the build up.  Have to say, sticking the landing is pretty damn good.  I suspect many people have tried int he last few days.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 10:35:45 AM »
I did it on the 12th try; it's not that hard.  Just fill the bottle about 1/3 full.

If this was a video of the trick itself, it gets 50 hits on YouTube; the crowd reaction is what made it go viral.

Ahh, but did you stick it with no wobble?  A perfect 10, in front of 100 people...with music....and stuff?   ;)

feedback