[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 11:39:07 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Podcast is in off season form  (Read 5586 times)

CrackedSidewalks

[Cracked Sidewalks] Podcast is in off season form
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »
Podcast is in off season form

Well, it's the off season which means we are more unprepared and disorganized then ever but we have a good amount of topics to cover, so hopefully that makes up for it. We talk about non-basketball related Marquette topics before we remember we are a basketball podcast and then jump into the latest news first. We discuss Khalif Young and LG Gill deciding not to don the blue and gold next season. We debate whether it's a big deal, does it matter, is it a sign of weakness, and why people seem so anxious about some mid-tier recruits. We then talk about everybody's least favorite topic: was Wally cut and why. Basically it boils down to Phil is cold hearted and Joe has some sympathy but basically we should all move on. Since we do have a scholarship open, its worth talking about what the team should do with it. Then we transition to some schedule news that's been coming out in dribs and drabs and what that means for the non-conference season. Lastly we spend time talking about "The Tournament" which is something that Marquette basketball alum led by Dan Fitzgerald are trying to qualify for so they can go win $2 million. The potential team looks pretty good with a lot of fan favorites signed up. Hopefully it'll show up on tv somewhere so we can spend time analyzing it to no end.   Link to vote for MU in The Tournament: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/golden-eagles-alumni-marquette-alumni?type=fan&f=570594e91a926927767547     Download this episode (right click and save)
Source: Podcast is in off season form

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Podcast is in off season form
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »
Afternoon bump
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:00:32 PM »
Afternoon bump

Is that the same as Afternoon Delight?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:05:13 PM »
Is that the same as Afternoon Delight?

If you were getting the afternoon delight you'd know it...I think
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:10:34 PM »
If you were getting the afternoon delight you'd know it...I think

Morning Wood is a Christmas Miracle nowadays, ai^na?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
I really enjoy these podcasts. Great stuff, really.

Robust commentary and keen insight wrapped in scintillating wit. Everyone on Scoop should applaud you guys for these efforts. Podcasts such as yours add depth and color to the tapestry of Marquette hoops. Off-season information is hard to come by. Relying on the mainstream press is problematic. That is why your podcasts are so valuable.

Fans like us are obsessed with our favorite hoops team. As much as we might hate to admit it we allocate too much time to Scoop. Until the season starts we sift through Wojo's cryptic messages and travel schedule. Little to no intel is ever really available during the dark days of summer. The paucity of insight is painful. Statements from Wojo never really say much.

Clever folks like you two offer sustenance and hope for a community parched and hungry. Listening to your banter somehow mends the little rips and tears in the souls of the Marquette faithful. I often find that investing 30 minutes in Scrambled Eggs is the best part of my day. Not once have I ever regretted listening. There is never a dull moment in your episodes and I often find myself laughing along with you two knuckleheads. Once I hit the play button the world around me fades to dull gray. Needless to say I have sometimes re-listened to some of your commentary.

Death on call

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 12:30:47 PM »

Robust commentary and keen insight wrapped in scintillating wit. Everyone on Scoop should applaud you guys for these efforts. Podcasts such as yours add depth and color to the tapestry of Marquette hoops. Off-season information is hard to come by. Relying on the mainstream press is problematic. That is why your podcasts are so valuable.

Fans like us are obsessed with our favorite hoops team. As much as we might hate to admit it we allocate too much time to Scoop. Until the season starts we sift through Wojo's cryptic messages and travel schedule. Little to no intel is ever really available during the dark days of summer. The paucity of insight is painful. Statements from Wojo never really say much.

Clever folks like you two offer sustenance and hope for a community parched and hungry. Listening to your banter somehow mends the little rips and tears in the souls of the Marquette faithful. I often find that investing 30 minutes in Scrambled Eggs is the best part of my day. Not once have I ever regretted listening. There is never a dull moment in your episodes and I often find myself laughing along with you two knuckleheads. Once I hit the play button the world around me fades to dull gray. Needless to say I have sometimes re-listened to some of your commentary.

My God, AF.  That's Navy you're talking about.   ;D

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 12:43:02 PM »

I'm officially concerned that there is a tear in the space time continuum.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »

the rustle of silk
look beyond the bamboo veil
still waters run deep

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 12:45:10 PM »

You are more than welcome, if it wasn't fun we wouldn't do it. Thank you for the very kind words, it is good to know the effort is appreciated even if it is a hack kneed fun project.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 11:13:58 PM »
I've really enjoyed the podcasts this year. Thoughtful commentary, and appreciate the self-deprecating wit. Well done.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 02:59:09 AM »
You are more than welcome, if it wasn't fun we wouldn't do it. Thank you for the very kind words, it is good to know the effort is appreciated even if it is a hack kneed fun project.

I really enjoy these podcasts.
Great stuff, really.

Robust commentary and keen insight wrapped in scintillating wit.
Everyone on Scoop should applaud you guys for these efforts.
Podcasts such as yours add depth and color to the tapestry of Marquette hoops.
Off-season information is hard to come by.
Relying on the mainstream press is problematic.
That is why your podcasts are so valuable.

Fans like us are obsessed with our favorite hoops team.
As much as we might hate to admit it we allocate too much time to Scoop.
Until the season starts we sift through Wojo's cryptic messages and travel schedule.
Little to no intel is ever really available during the dark days of summer.
The paucity of insight is painful.
Statements from Wojo never really say much.

Clever folks like you two offer sustenance and hope for a community parched and hungry.
Listening to your banter somehow mends the little rips and tears in the souls of the Marquette faithful.
I often find that investing 30 minutes in Scrambled Eggs is the best part of my day.
Not once have I ever regretted listening.
There is never a dull moment in your episodes and I often find myself laughing along with you two knuckleheads.
Once I hit the play button the world around me fades to dull gray.
Needless to say I have sometimes re-listened to some of your commentary.

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 08:28:23 AM »
One question while I've got people in this thread, I think I've asked before but never really got much a response. What platforms do people listen to podcasts on? You can stream direct or download from iTunes, but do we need to expand it to SoundCloud or any other platforms? Not looking for more work but if we can spread the reach a little mores the better.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »
Great stuff, really.

Until the season starts we sift through Wojo's cryptic messages and travel schedule.

Clever folks like you two offer sustenance and hope for a community parched and hungry.
Listening to your banter somehow mends the little rips and tears in the souls of the Marquette faithful.
I often find that investing 30 minutes in Scrambled Eggs is the best part of my day.
There is never a dull moment in your episodes and I often find myself laughing along with you two knuckleheads.

Well, since you spelled it out.  The politics board is gone.  Consider this strike one.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
Well, since you spelled it out.  The politics board is gone.  Consider this strike one.

No loss

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »
Good lord, that was some Illuminati stuff I didn't catch until Rocky went full Ultra

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
Great stuff, really.

What in the hell was that? 

Keefe's haikus have gone to plaid.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 11:49:36 AM »
One question while I've got people in this thread, I think I've asked before but never really got much a response. What platforms do people listen to podcasts on? You can stream direct or download from iTunes, but do we need to expand it to SoundCloud or any other platforms? Not looking for more work but if we can spread the reach a little mores the better.

What's a podcast?  Is that like a blog?  What is this, 2006?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 02:11:01 PM »
I'm 95% iTunes or direct for the publishers site.  The only reason I didn't say 100% is that some of the 'direct from site' listens may be redirects and i'm just not paying attention.  That being said, I'm an old guy so i wouldn't base any decision off of where i listen.

Keefe - best earned mod strike ever. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 02:48:50 PM »
No loss

Still doesn't make you less of a twat.

Great podcast yall, always look forward to it. Can always appreciate work done for fans for no real profit.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 04:18:45 PM »
I enjoyed the podcast.  Very comprehensive. Well done.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 05:49:41 AM »

is there such a thing as a foul tick with 2 strikes as long as it wasn't a bunt attempt? ;D

btw, where did i miss the politics thing in keefe's post just so i don't try to "toe" the line there, enna?
don't...don't don't don't don't

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 10:04:54 AM »
is there such a thing as a foul tick with 2 strikes as long as it wasn't a bunt attempt? ;D

btw, where did i miss the politics thing in keefe's post just so i don't try to "toe" the line there, enna?
He's a master
Every message means something else.

Unless it doesn't.
Sometimes it's just a post
Every time it's worth looking deeper
So, just relook at his ramblings

Anyway.....

Cyphers are secondhand to military folk
One could say they always encrypt their messaged
Doesn't always happen
Email for example, could be sent via an unsecured means and not encrypted

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 05:08:23 PM »
He's a master
Every message means something else.

Unless it doesn't.
Sometimes it's just a post
Every time it's worth looking deeper
So, just relook at his ramblings

Anyway.....

Cyphers are secondhand to military folk
One could say they always encrypt their messaged
Doesn't always happen
Email for example, could be sent via an unsecured means and not encrypted

thanks, that's what i thought, but sometimes when ya try to read into stuff...i guess i picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue-EIN'er?  except for the "mainstream press" comment, that thing read like robert frost which is "fly over" country to me
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 05:31:17 PM »
Great stuff, really.

Strike one or not this is awesome, Crash - Rocky has to call 'em like he sees 'em but I'll bet money he was laughing too. Well done!