[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kostas Antetokounmpo  (Read 83093 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Kostas Antetokounmpo
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2016, 10:19:58 AM »
Giannis is going nowhere because his family loves it in Milwaukee, he's the face of the Bucks, he's playing with a bunch of other guys just out of their teens, the future of the organization is bright, and (the only thing that really matters) he's going to get paid more in Milwaukee than he could anywhere else in the world.

Plus, he can eat at Mykonos at 03.00 AM like the regular people.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »
NO it won't. Not anymore ....I just told you why.

This security breach will not allow him to! Not making $25 million it won't. I bet his agent from Greece would more likely want him in a major market now that this has happened.

If not him then his marketing or shoe deal company will.

Again, every major star signs the first extension. You think Giannis, who is able to sign $25M+/yr extension coming up, will go into his final year on the rookie scale, become a restricted free agent, pass up guaranteed life-long security, sign a low-ball 1-year qualifying offer and then become an unrestricted free agent....and after losing a ton of money in his fifth year on a qualifying offer, he will then sign a lower contract for another team cause he hates Milwaukee sooo much? (A city he has stated he loves and that his family has moved to?)

AD signed his extension in New Orleans, KD signed his in OKC, Lebron in Cleveland, These are all bigger stars yet their agents weren't dumb enough to have them go the qualifying route.

These are the type of players who take the qualifying offer. Guys who aren't offered max contracts that could get lucky in free agency.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/11/1/5054112/greg-monroe-gordon-hayward-nba-draft-2010-class-no-extensions

Honestly, I get fans having opinions but you just look dumb when you spout out stuff as fact without having anything of the situation. Even if Giannis wanted to leave, why would they trade him now? They have matching power when he is an unrestricted free agent next year. If they really needed to trade him they could get some nice picks/players for him. He wouldn't just sign with another team because the Bucks can 1. match and 2. offer more money. Even when lebron was an unrestricted free agent, he still technically resigned with the Cavs and they got 3 firsts for him because Lebron wanted a few extra million. This is Lebron James whose Nike deal is bigger than his contract and he still didn't want to lose out on a few mil. Now you think Giannis, who hasn't made much, is willing to bypass a $20M raise in year 5 because why again?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2016, 11:46:28 AM »
Did you read it or scan it and post it?    For all his faults, Dodds is close to the program.   If Dodds is telling Murf to move on that early in a thread, it says all you need to know about the likelihood of Kostas matriculating this year at Marquette.   

Murf is the reason I'm on this board and don't venture onto Scout.  His attacks on Travis Diener as a HS senior in which he said he couldn't physically hold up in Division I basketball just drove me out.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2016, 11:50:59 AM »
Dime a dozen point guard.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2016, 11:54:18 AM »
Again, every major star signs the first extension. You think Giannis, who is able to sign $25M+/yr extension coming up, will go into his final year on the rookie scale, become a restricted free agent, pass up guaranteed life-long security, sign a low-ball 1-year qualifying offer and then become an unrestricted free agent....and after losing a ton of money in his fifth year on a qualifying offer, he will then sign a lower contract for another team cause he hates Milwaukee sooo much? (A city he has stated he loves and that his family has moved to?)

AD signed his extension in New Orleans, KD signed his in OKC, Lebron in Cleveland, These are all bigger stars yet their agents weren't dumb enough to have them go the qualifying route.

These are the type of players who take the qualifying offer. Guys who aren't offered max contracts that could get lucky in free agency.
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/11/1/5054112/greg-monroe-gordon-hayward-nba-draft-2010-class-no-extensions

Honestly, I get fans having opinions but you just look dumb when you spout out stuff as fact without having anything of the situation. Even if Giannis wanted to leave, why would they trade him now? They have matching power when he is an unrestricted free agent next year. If they really needed to trade him they could get some nice picks/players for him. He wouldn't just sign with another team because the Bucks can 1. match and 2. offer more money. Even when lebron was an unrestricted free agent, he still technically resigned with the Cavs and they got 3 firsts for him because Lebron wanted a few extra million. This is Lebron James whose Nike deal is bigger than his contract and he still didn't want to lose out on a few mil. Now you think Giannis, who hasn't made much, is willing to bypass a $20M raise in year 5 because why again?

MUHoopsFan2 stated that Giannis would leave Milwaukee not just once — but in four consecutive posts (one in response to a post of mine that had nothing to do with free agency). He sure sounded confident in what he was saying. Why use logic in an argument when you can simply try to shout others down? He who's loudest must be right.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

tower912

• All American
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2016, 11:56:13 AM »
Check his history.  Then just shake your head and walk away.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2016, 12:22:50 PM »
What happened to the ignore button?  didn't it used to be on the left side under a posters information?

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »
What happened to the ignore button?  didn't it used to be on the left side under a posters information?

See the end of this post

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »
Whenever I look at other boards I really appreciate scoop, the site itself and the posters are top notch (really, no teal), the Purdue board is summed up in that peeing gif which is currently on their site
The Purdue message board is really a hoot. The Kostas thread there has been hijacked and turned into an anti Painter rant. Tough crowd those Boilermakers.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2016, 07:55:20 PM »
Weird.   Something like that would never happen on Scoop. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2016, 10:22:25 PM »
The Purdue message board is really a hoot. The Kostas thread there has been hijacked and turned into an anti Painter rant. Tough crowd those Boilermakers.

Crean sucks

So good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2016, 10:29:29 AM »

Perfect deadpan 

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2016, 04:00:56 PM »
No he is saying that because of this latest Bucks email fiasco and blunder where their identity and financial records were compromised....

His agent would be a fool to negotiate with the Bucks to keep his client here. They need to trade  him now while they can or at the deadline.

Giannis is not staying here...after this. The Bucks can't be trusted. Watch that news carefully.

Giannis clearly can't wait to get out of town.....
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/freakonomics-giannis-antetokounmpo-interview-feature-story-milwaukee-bucks/

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/freakonomics-giannis-antetokounmpo-interview-feature-story-milwaukee-bucks/

"I want to do for Milwaukee what Kevin Durant did for Oklahoma City."

That's music to a Bucks' fan's ears.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2016, 04:50:36 PM »
"I want to do for Milwaukee what Kevin Durant did for Oklahoma City."

That's music to a Bucks' fan's ears.

Luckily he didn't say "do to Milwaukee what Durant did for Seattle."
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »

You said Kostas really wasn't an option, but had some follow-up questions if you mind sharing.

1.) Would you consider if it was your decision?
2.) Do you think he will qualify next year?
3.) Is MU not offering due to skill or academic reasons?
4.) Any chance he reclasses to '17, and would MU be back on him?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2016, 05:07:38 PM »
Twenty-eight months later, Giannis Antetokounmpo is still living the dream, still facing up against the best, but those nerves have stopped coming and going altogether. He’s a full-fledged man now, one capable of standing tall as the primary leader of an NBA team.

“For as long as I’m playing, if I work hard and grab the opportunity, I’ll be someone special,” he says. “I think there’s not a lot of people like me in this league who can handle the ball at 7-feet. When you’ve got something unique, you’ve got to work on it so you can be someone special and leave your legacy on the court.”

“He told me the other day, ‘I want to do for Milwaukee what Kevin Durant did for Oklahoma City,’” Saratsis says. “He was like, ‘I want that legacy, so 20 years from now, I have built this into my own Oklahoma City, so people look at me and say, he left an indelible—I’m using the word indelible, though he didn’t—but indelible mark on the city and franchise and organization.’ Last summer, when we were having that dinner, I could see that’s what he was thinking. That was him thinking, I’m at a point where I can be a leader on the team. And it’s not like ‘Me vs Jabari [Parker]’ or ‘Me vs [Khris] Middleton,’ it’s like, I can be a leader on this team and I want to leave my mark on this city and leave my mark on this organization.

“That’s when I was like, OK, this kid is starting to get it. This kid is starting to understand.”

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/freakonomics-giannis-antetokounmpo-interview-feature-story-milwaukee-bucks/#cCdJWCDbIpquAfPL.99

Yeah, and his handler is already sending out undertones to get him out!!!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2016, 05:15:59 PM »
Well that kid is entitled to his opinion too . I appreciate him offering it.

The fact is he is 6-10 and has 7 1.75 wingspan . Matt Heldt is 6-8/9 ish  and if he were normal height he would be an average player also.

If Grandma had balls she would be Grandpa.
Correction... Matt Held is 6'10-11", 245 lbs.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2016, 06:20:29 PM »
You said Kostas really wasn't an option, but had some follow-up questions if you mind sharing.

1.) Would you consider if it was your decision?
2.) Do you think he will qualify next year?
3.) Is MU not offering due to skill or academic reasons?
4.) Any chance he reclasses to '17, and would MU be back on him?

I am not Mark Miller but I will give my opinion
1. No
2. No but obviously just a guess from what I have heard
3. My guess is it is a combination of many factors
4 yes and anything is possible

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2016, 07:00:01 PM »
So good.
What seems to be missing is one poster incessantly vilifying Gene Keady as a turncoat for belittling both himself and Purdue by taking a coaching job at St. John's. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2016, 07:24:28 PM »
Nice Quote from Duane in this article on Dominican

http://www.sikids.com/si-kids/2016/05/25/history-making-class-graduates-wisconsin-basketball-powerhouse
Buried in an sikids.com post (in case you missed it, that's Sports Illustrated FOR KIDS) is a generic quote from DW about his high school.  Well worth the bump to keep the Kostas conversation alive.

"The community played a big role,” said Dominican alum Duane Wilson, who was a part of the 2012 and ’13 championships and is now a guard at Marquette University. “Students, faculty, families, and others would come to games to support us. It was a great atmosphere to play in.”

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:26:39 PM by naginiF »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
Buried in an sikids.com post (in case you missed it, that's Sports Illustrated FOR KIDS) is a generic quote from DW about his high school.  Well worth the bump to keep the Kostas conversation alive.

"The community played a big role,” said Dominican alum Duane Wilson, who was a part of the 2012 and ’13 championships and is now a guard at Marquette University. “Students, faculty, families, and others would come to games to support us. It was a great atmosphere to play in.”
It is the off season news is scarce. A little good PR for Duane is always helpful for us.
            ---Al McGuire

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2016, 09:35:36 AM »
It is the off season news is scarce. A little good PR for Duane is always helpful for us.

Plus, think of the recruiting bump from getting our name in SIKids!

feedback