[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Assuming No Other Roster Changes, Which Team Is Better?

Last Year
31 (29.5%)
Next Year
74 (70.5%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Poll: Which Team is Better, Next Year or Last Year?  (Read 6297 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Poll: Which Team is Better, Next Year or Last Year?
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 04:40:12 PM »
next year-everyone including wojo is a year older and wiser. looking forward to our outside shot.  opens up the no-footers

I'll believe it when I see it. Everytime we take a perimeter shot I hold my breath and more often than not say "Oh Sh!t!

I also hope our defense improves.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 04:59:52 PM »
If next year isn't an NCAA team, we have problems. Period.

I'm confident because:
   1) Our team has a year of experience under its belt.
   2) I expect our team to be more of a team next year. Last year, it was "Let Henry do it" too often. With Henry gone, more of our team will have to contribute.
   3) Our guard play should be extremely strong and my bet is that even though we are somewhat height challenged, we're deeper than we have been since the Hillbilly left.
   4) With the speed and quickness I hope we will have, Wojo should be able to coach more of  the game he wants to coach, rather than the game he HAS to coach.

This is getting a lot closer to a Wojo team and looks and feels more of what I would expect from Coach Wojo.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 08:12:06 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it. Everytime we take a perimeter shot I hold my breath and more often than not say "Oh Sh!t!

I also hope our defense improves.

as i said, we're all a year older, including traci, sandy, duane, and now incoming sam(don't call me doogie) hauser-light 'em boys!!  if we don't have a reliable PF, wojo is gonna have them shooting 3's blind folded in practice, watching tape of steph curry in their sleep
don't...don't don't don't don't

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 08:32:03 PM »
as i said, we're all a year older, including traci, sandy, duane, and now incoming sam(don't call me doogie) hauser-light 'em boys!!  if we don't have a reliable PF, wojo is gonna have them shooting 3's blind folded in practice, watching tape of steph curry in their sleep
I am so torn about the Politics Board being shut down.  On one hand we get inundated with new threads that used to be focused on that board.  On the other I'm going to have to take you off of ignore because I agree with your basketball POV. 

Damn you Rocket Surgeon!  Damn you to internet chat room purgatory!

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 08:57:11 PM »
I voted next year. Everyone with a year more  of experience and the new guys can shoot.

On a side note Heisy, did you skip every English class ever offered during your scholastic career?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 09:16:17 PM »
Next year and I don't think it's particularly close. We lose our best player and a non-factor.

We gain two guys (Reinhardt and Howard) who should contribute immediately and Hauser who could get some minutes with his shooting. Everyone else gets a year older.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »
Next year and I don't think it's particularly close. We lose our best player and a non-factor.

We gain two guys (Reinhardt and Howard) who should contribute immediately and Hauser who could get some minutes with his shooting. Everyone else gets a year older.

Don't forget Rowsey!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 11:23:41 PM »
Don't forget Rowsey!
Rowsey is a quality addition. I think he will end up being a fan favorite.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 11:41:20 AM »
I voted next year. Everyone with a year more  of experience and the new guys can shoot.

On a side note Heisy, did you skip every English class ever offered during your scholastic career?

Actually I did missed most of than.

This has come up before ... only those that had potty problems at a young age care.  How bad was it for you?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 12:19:29 PM »
Rowsey is a quality addition. I think he will end up being a fan favorite.

You think the short white guy is going to be a fan favorite? Really going out on a limb with that prediction, huh?  ;)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »
You think the short white guy is going to be a fan favorite? Really going out on a limb with that prediction, huh?  ;)
I need a lay up to offset my four year call on Henry.
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »
I am so torn about the Politics Board being shut down.  On one hand we get inundated with new threads that used to be focused on that board.  On the other I'm going to have to take you off of ignore because I agree with your basketball POV. 

Damn you Rocket Surgeon!  Damn you to internet chat room purgatory!

that made me laugh!  hey, us conservatives ain't so bad; we put our hanes on the same way as everyone else.  that's if we chose to wear 'em at all.  but thanks and peace 8-)

wouldn't ya'll love to see wojo reach for his inner paul westhead and bring on a balls out, "40 minutes of hell" in a display of shock n awe 3's?  watching games well into the hundreds?  i don't care what anyone says, that would fill up the seats wherever they go.  only one minor detail...better be good at the 3
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 05:01:17 PM »
Actually I did missed most of than.

This has come up before ... only those that had potty problems at a young age care.  How bad was it for you?
No problems here on that front.  And I've never seen that come up before.  Seems to be a case of you projecting, hey?

In any event, I've no problems with someone who has typos. Between the fact that this is a basketball message board and the fact that many type on iPhones and other smartphones, typos happen.  But it's painful to read click after click after click by you when you use the wrong form of they're v. their v. there, or the wrong form of its v. it's, or the wrong use of then and than.  I guess I thought most college grads, especially those who went to MU, knew the English language better than that.  Who am i kidding, I thought most high school grads knew grammar better than that.

Ok.  I'm off the soapbox.  Carry on. 

And I'd love to see "40 minutes of hell" Rocket.  I think we'll have the shooters and the speed to do it.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2016, 09:24:31 PM »
This year's team could very well do better than 8-10 in the Big East, but overall I think the Big East will be weaker than last year. Villanova and Xavier will still be NCAA tournament teams, but both should not be as good as last year. How good will Seton Hall be, if Whitehead does not comeback? How good will Providence be, if Bentil does not comeback. The 5th NCAA team Butler lost key players to graduation.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »
This year's team could very well do better than 8-10 in the Big East, but overall I think the Big East will be weaker than last year. Villanova and Xavier will still be NCAA tournament teams, but both should not be as good as last year. How good will Seton Hall be, if Whitehead does not comeback? How good will Providence be, if Bentil does not comeback. The 5th NCAA team Butler lost key players to graduation.
Creighton is going to be very good. Butler has several very good transfers coming in. The Johnnies will not be an easy win this year. Georgetown will improve. Xavier is going to be an excellent team.
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2016, 09:44:06 PM »

Xavier will be better next year than they were this year. Nova could be just as good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 10:40:59 PM »

I don't think you could be more wrong about the Big East. Looking at what the conference is losing and what is gaining, and comparing that to the other conferences, I could see the Big East producing 8 top 50 caliber teams. Now of course, those 8 will cannibalize each other. Gotta make sure we aren't in the bottom two of those eight.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.