[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So now what??  (Read 21941 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
So now what??
« on: May 18, 2016, 12:22:57 PM »
Just announced ... Kalif Young to PC

Wally shown the door to make room for him and he did not show.

What other options do we have?

Because if we don't get someone better than Wally, Wojo made this team worse by cutting Wally and replacing him with nothing.

--------------

I'm having a hard time believing next year's team is better than last year's team.  And last year's team could not make the NIT with a lottery pick.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:24:47 PM by Heisenberg »

wadesworld

• All American
Re: So now what??
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:24:41 PM »

Because if we don't get someone better than Wally, Wojo made this team worse by cutting Wally and replacing him with nothing.

No.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:26:01 PM »
No.

You're wrong.  We are another 8 - 10 BE team, season over after second round loss in the BET

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:26:33 PM »
We have at least four threads going on this topic, the chief one being the recruiting thread.  No need to start another one.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 12:27:24 PM »
You're wrong.  We are another 8 - 10 BE team, season over after second round loss in the BET

And Kalif Young would've made us...what?  Exactly?  Or Walter Ellenson?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »
We have at least four threads going on this topic, the chief one being the recruiting thread.  No need to start another one.

Heise didn't start them, so he doesn't get credit for the Scoop Clicks.  So of course there was a reason for another thread!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »
And Kalif Young would've made us...what?  Exactly?  Or Walter Ellenson?

A 6'9" power forward is the biggest need this team has. 

To be clear, I was OK with letting Wally go.  I took it as a sign that Wojo had some better "in the bag."  It is now looking like he had nothing, and worse, was deluding himself that he actually had something.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 12:30:40 PM »
Heise didn't start them, so he doesn't get credit for the Scoop Clicks.  So of course there was a reason for another thread!

I know.  With the political board gone, he's got to find his clicks elsewhere.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »

To be clear, I was OK with letting Wally go.  I took it as a sign that Wojo had some better "in the bag."  It is now looking like he had nothing, and worse, was deluding himself that he actually had something.

No, not at all.

But yeah, the sky is falling, Wojo is in over his head, Wojo doesn't know where he stands, etc.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 12:34:07 PM »
No, not at all.

But yeah, the sky is falling, Wojo is in over his head, Wojo doesn't know where he stands, etc.

Actually I like Wojo.  But I'm not going to torture all logic to say this is fine or no big deal.  It is a big deal, that can only be salvaged with another player in the next few weeks.

It's these post season transfers that he whiffs on.  Shonn and Lee last year and Gill and Young this year.  And he compounded this year's whiff by dumping Wally when he had nothing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »
Actually I like Wojo.  But I'm not going to torture all logic to say this is fine or no big deal.  It is a big deal, that can only be salvaged with another player in the next few weeks.

It's these post season transfers that he whiffs on.  Shonn and Lee last year and Gill and Young this year.  And he compounded this year's whiff by dumping Wally when he had nothing.

Okay.  You're right.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 12:47:36 PM »

we can do what the internet does best. play arm chair quarterback and make knee jerk reactions.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »
we can do what the internet does best. play arm chair quarterback and make knee jerk reactions.

'zactly.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »

--------------

I'm having a hard time believing next year's team is better than last year's team.  And last year's team could not make the NIT with a lottery pick.

SO NOW WHAT??

1.  (and this has already happened) You get hysterical.

2.  Wojo prepares a roster of 12 pretty darn good players to play next season.

3.  Next year's team plays more like Villanova did last year, then Marquette did last year.

3.  Players who commit to Marquette for basketball know that basketball must be their top priority or they will not be kept on basketball scholarship.

4. Marquette is in a better position to land big men for the 2017 class due to more minutes being available.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:00:13 PM by Crean to Ann Arbor »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 12:55:02 PM »
SO NOW WHAT

1.  (and this has already happened) You get hysterical.

2.  Wojo prepares a roster of 12 pretty darn good players to play next season.

3.  Next year's team plays more like Villanova did last year, then Marquette did last year.

3.  Players who commit to Marquette for basketball know that basketball must be their top priority or they will not be kept on basketball scholarship.

4. Marquette is in a better position to land big men for the 2017 class due to more minutes being available.

Bingo.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 12:56:59 PM »

[/quote
What he had in the bag was douche, as in doichebag. Guess we will become Villanova next year, and go with 4 guards.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 12:58:33 PM »

1. Katin Reinhardt
2. Matt Carlino
3. Young isn't a transfer
4. He lost out on Lee and Miller to two blue blood programs, I guess technically a whiff but hardly an unforgivable one
5. HOT TAKES!!!!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 01:00:32 PM »
We have two guys over 6'6" and they will never be on the floor at the same time. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »
If Wojo was primarily concerned about next year, I think Wally would have helped us more that Kalif would have.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 01:06:47 PM »
We should probably panic.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 01:11:24 PM »
We have two guys over 6'6" and they will never be on the floor at the same time.

We had two 6'11 guys start for us and play 28+ mins last season. One was 1st team all Big-East and a lottery pick. We missed the NIT.

Would have liked Kalif but he wasn't the piece that was gonna get us to the next level. Let's see how Fishy and the Shooters do. I for one think we have a better team next year. It's the year after that I'm worried about. 2017 is a yuge recruiting year.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »
So now what?  We play ball with who we got.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 01:18:21 PM »
Wojo sucks.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 02:29:53 PM »
missed a golden opportunity...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d-hDl6OALv4?version=3&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d-hDl6OALv4?version=3&amp;autoplay=0</a>

feedback