[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I really want to like Anonymous Eagle...  (Read 7052 times)

GGGG

• All American
I really want to like Anonymous Eagle...
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »
...and then they go post stuff like this that makes me wonder why they are trying to be the "First Take" of Marquette twitter accounts.  (In wake of Young decision.)

Anonymous Eagle ‏@AnonymousEagle  7m7 minutes ago
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  #mubb

I mean I don't want anyone, such as PT or CS or Matt V, etc. to feel they need to be a cheerleader for the program.  In fact, I WANT those sources to be critical when they should be.  And I like AE in general because they do tweet about other sports than basketball and information about college sports in general.  But this just undermines that IMO.

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: I really want to like Anonymous Eagle...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »
...and then they go post stuff like this that makes me wonder why they are trying to be the "First Take" of Marquette twitter accounts.  (In wake of Young decision.)

Anonymous Eagle ‏@AnonymousEagle  7m7 minutes ago
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  #mubb

I mean I don't want anyone, such as PT or CS or Matt V, etc. to feel they need to be a cheerleader for the program.  In fact, I WANT those sources to be critical when they should be.  And I like AE in general because they do tweet about other sports than basketball and information about college sports in general.  But this just undermines that IMO.

I have followed and unfollowed their account so many times because of statements such as this.  You get the sense they are almost cheering for bad things to happen to the program so they can post some obnoxious response.  They were just saying yesterday how they arent sold on Young and aren't that  interested in his decision and then today they react like this.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 11:53:48 AM »
HOT TAKE

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »
Anonymous Dicks.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
Admittedly I'm biased since we interact a lot from an MU and social media perspective but Anonymous Eagle is great fun and a really good analysis source(along with PT). Keep in mind its a collective twitter account so there are multiple people involved which can some times lead to AE having "different personalities"

At the end of the day, how negative is that tweet really? If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
But they aren't laughing at themselves.  That's kinda the point.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 12:28:47 PM »
Anonymous Dicks.
I got a good lol out of this.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:47 PM »

I meant the MU fandom
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »

I think they were laughing at the Crystal Ball being 100% for Marquette
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 01:23:13 PM »
I meant the MU fandom

Why is that better?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 01:46:57 PM »
Why is that better?

Because we overreact to everything....see this thread....besides it's social media, context is weird, maybe something else appeared in the timeline around the same time that prompted it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 01:55:10 PM »
Admittedly, I don't follow twitter, and the only times I look at feeds is when they are referenced on this board, but it seems to me that it's never very clear when you post is referencing another previous post somewhere in the feed.  I think that AE shouldn't have twitted(?) lines of HaHas without making it clear what was being laughed at by quoting or whatever.  The potential for making the fans of the school you follow look crass or worse is too great.  I see this tweet as a fail.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »
I appreciate what AE does and their passion for mubb and MU in general.  Their satire on topics are a good balance to Matty V's or PT's more serious approach.

With regards to why they were laughing. Personally I do think its funny we decided to wait till the spring signing period to fill a glaring hole on the roster.  The coaching staff and every mubb fan with a brain knew Henry was going to leave after year 1 if he could.  Its laughable that we did nothing to replace him until April of 2016.

Who knows though. Perhaps Sam Hauser grows 3 inches and 30 lbs prior to November and we find out we were all worried about nothing.  If not, we better hope Fischy and Heldt are healthy and never in foul trouble. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 02:17:34 PM »
I appreciate what AE does and their passion for mubb and MU in general.  Their satire on topics are a good balance to Matty V's or PT's more serious approach.

With regards to why they were laughing. Personally I do think its funny we decided to wait till the spring signing period to fill a glaring hole on the roster.  The coaching staff and every mubb fan with a brain knew Henry was going to leave after year 1 if he could.  Its laughable that we did nothing to replace him until April of 2016.

Who knows though. Perhaps Sam Hauser grows 3 inches and 30 lbs prior to November and we find out we were all worried about nothing.  If not, we better hope Fischy and Heldt are healthy and never in foul trouble.

Even more ridiculous that we took away a Wally scholly and then have no one to fill it with.

I am not criticizing the Wally situation, its just ridiculous that it will not be used.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 09:18:08 AM »
Because we overreact to everything....see this thread....besides it's social media, context is weird, maybe something else appeared in the timeline around the same time that prompted it.

You wrote the tweet.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 09:33:32 AM »
You wrote the tweet.

Definitely not. It's pretty obvious which poster here is from anonymous eagle. FWIW, I love AE and that was the first marquette centric site I read, way before scoop and PT. Still go there more than PT for my volleyball and soccer fix.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 09:54:39 AM »
You wrote the tweet.

I can say with absolutely certainty that I am not the masked man you are looking for.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 09:58:33 AM »
I can say with absolutely certainty that I am not the masked man you are looking for.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 06:14:38 PM »

So the new baby commandeered your keyboard?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 07:08:13 PM »
Admittedly I'm biased since we interact a lot from an MU and social media perspective but Anonymous Eagle is great fun and a really good analysis source(along with PT). Keep in mind its a collective twitter account so there are multiple people involved which can some times lead to AE having "different personalities"

At the end of the day, how negative is that tweet really? If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

I think what some have a problem with is a general problem with social media.  The internet is anonymous and removed from the actual context of what is meant.  So there is an inherent problem with translation.

The statement may have been innocuous and fun, but since it can be interpreted as being a complete ass, it shouldn't be done.  Social media should be handled with great care. If something can at all be misinterpreted either don't post it, or provide sufficient context so that it isn't misinterpreted. 

On this particular twitter posting, I honestly have zero opinion. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 07:37:58 PM »
AE is bad and has always been bad.
Paint Touches used to be good.
Cracked Sidewalks is a podcast distribution website.

At least Matt Velazquez is good.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:05 PM »
So the new baby commandeered your keyboard?

Ha, not quite yet. While I interact with AE quite a lot we are totally unaffiliated same goes with Paint Touches. We're all our own individual  social media/fan driven commentary "sites" that talk but aren't connected. There are AE folks that are on Scoop but I'm not one of them....not smart enough  ;D

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 10:44:49 PM »
Ha, not quite yet. While I interact with AE quite a lot we are totally unaffiliated same goes with Paint Touches. We're all our own individual  social media/fan driven commentary "sites" that talk but aren't connected. There are AE folks that are on Scoop but I'm not one of them....not smart enough  ;D

Ha ha.  I don't schwing with teal.  I think there are a few here that don't understand how Twitter works. Btw, I enjoy the podcasts on CS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 06:30:03 AM »
Ha ha.  I don't schwing with teal.  I think there are a few here that don't understand how Twitter works. Btw, I enjoy the podcasts on CS.

I'll echo.  Joe and Phil do a very nice job with the podcast.  It's always worth a listen and journalistic integrity is always maintained.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 06:46:45 AM »
Sultan, loved the gif, well done.

Doc and Glow, very much appreciated. There is plenty of room to improvement but we really enjoy doing it so no reason to stop. Speaking of, assuming the kiddo doesn't steal the keyboard again this weekend and piss of the fanbase there will be a new pod. What a cold take from a couple of dorks on WallyGate or some such nonsense, find the pod.

One thing I will say about the fan sites and social media sites is that whether you hate them or love them or don't even follow them.....we have an embarrassment of riches around Marquette basketball talk and Marquette sports talk that fans have access to and isn't that what we all want, to talk Marquette? AE, PT, CS, Matty V, etc are all providing coverage well beyond what we could possibly imagine 10 years ago. The only reason I really followed MU Lax at all was because AE kept pushing it. These sites drive attention to Marquette which I think is usually a good thing.

{steps down from soap box}

feedback