[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Poll:If You were an NBA GM who would you pick?

Henry Ellenson
Deyonta Davis
Ben Bentil
Brice Johnson

Author Topic: Poll: If You Were An NBA GM Who Would You Pick  (Read 41578 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Poll: If You Were An NBA GM Who Would You Pick
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2016, 08:02:29 PM »
What were Green's, Thompson's and Curry's measurables again?    How about Durant and Westbrook's?
In Green's case you can't measure heart.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »
Of course I never said he was unknown to NBA scouts, but then again, what else can you say when you want to be like your hero, chica.

you've got to get over your chico/chica stiffy. it's annoying-let it go.  go talk to someone.  you'll feel so much better.  now back to our regular programming
don't...don't don't don't don't

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2016, 12:52:12 AM »
In Green's case you can't measure heart.

I hope that was supposed to be the tealiest of teal statements. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2016, 05:59:14 AM »
Yeah Dunn created a lot of open opportunities for him. Not a great (but not horrible) rebounder, not overly big, not too athletic, and for the NBA an average shooter and below average ball handler and defender.
Yeah I guess but Bentil has the intangibles....like a Festus Ezeli.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:02:37 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2016, 06:05:04 AM »
He is known to you, but unknown to NBA scouts.
WHO????????????????????????? SAY HIS NAME!!!! It is annoying when some of you post you never mention who the heck you are referring to...

I have to sift through 4 posts to see who the hell you are talking about....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2016, 03:48:25 PM »
WHO????????????????????????? SAY HIS NAME!!!! It is annoying when some of you post you never mention who the heck you are referring to...

I have to sift through 4 posts to see who the hell you are talking about....
It was regarding some commentary some posters had on Deyonta Davis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »
It was regarding some commentary some posters had on Deyonta Davis.

..and the post he's whining about included a quote in it, naming Davis. smh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 08:53:54 AM »
CollegeBB News ‏@CollegeBBNCAA  12h12 hours ago
Villanova G Josh Hart has announced that he will return for his Senior season.  Averaged 15.5 PPG, 6.8 RPG last season.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
I saw also that Malik Newman is withdrawing from the draft and may transfer.  I wonder if MUDish has any insight....

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2016, 08:59:40 AM »
Isaiah Whitehead
‏@IsaiahW_15
Seton Hall Has Been A Blessing To Me & My Family As Hard As It Is I Decided To Turn Pro & Live My Dream Thanks For Everything
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 09:10:35 AM »
I saw also that Malik Newman is withdrawing from the draft and may transfer.  I wonder if MUDish has any insight....

Why would he transfer if he was on the boarder as to whether to turn pro or not?  Improve enough in the offseason and have a nice sophomore season and you can play in the NBA in a year.  You're just guaranteeing putting the NBA on hold for another year this way.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2016, 09:13:32 AM »
Why would he transfer if he was on the boarder as to whether to turn pro or not?  Improve enough in the offseason and have a nice sophomore season and you can play in the NBA in a year.  You're just guaranteeing putting the NBA on hold for another year this way.

Just reporting what this said - not commenting or justifying the logic. 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15712769/mississippi-state-malik-newman-withdraw-draft-transfer

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »

My guess is he was told that he wasn't even close to the border of being drafted.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »
Marcus Lee coming back to college -- will transfer from KY.  Those that said a transfer crop was coming at the NBA deadline...good call.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2016, 11:44:20 AM »
Marcus Lee coming back to college -- will transfer from KY.  Those that said a transfer crop was coming at the NBA deadline...good call.

Obviously we won't get him, but damn, he's exactly what we need.  He'd go from a nobody at Kentucky to a star at MU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2016, 01:45:06 PM »

Why thank you.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2016, 01:25:53 AM »
Jaron Blossomgame also coming back, sounds like he's one class away from graduation but plans to stay at Clemson. Malik Newman also coming back and possibly looking to transfer. Not exactly a rousing endorsement of Ben Howland if that's the case. Will be highly sought, though would seem odd for a kid who considered himself one-and-done to sit out a year before he plays again.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »
Jaron Blossomgame also coming back, sounds like he's one class away from graduation but plans to stay at Clemson. Malik Newman also coming back and possibly looking to transfer. Not exactly a rousing endorsement of Ben Howland if that's the case. Will be highly sought, though would seem odd for a kid who considered himself one-and-done to sit out a year before he plays again.

Newman wasn't even the best freshman at Mississippi State. He really struggled
TAMU

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 12:03:48 PM »
Alec Peters will return to college. Might transfer from Valpo. Guessing he would have all the blue bloods after him, but one can dream.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2016, 12:09:33 PM »
Newman wasn't even the best freshman at Mississippi State. He really struggled
I remember how he and Diamond Stone were contemplating a package deal and how highly touted he was. I guess he has Allen a long way from that.
                       ---Al McGuire

brandx

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2016, 02:51:30 PM »
Recent reports on Ellenson, Bentil, Davis, Johnson

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2016/05/25/boson-celtics-draft-profile-brice-johnson/

"He plays with an incredible motor"

I found that quote sorta funny. The knock on him since he was a freshman was that he didn't always work hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »
"He plays with an incredible motor"

I found that quote sorta funny. The knock on him since he was a freshman was that he didn't always work hard.

Here is an updated CBS Sports mock draft

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nba-mock-draft-2016-warriors-nab-value-pick-with-ben-bentil-at-no-30/

9. Henry
14. Davis
20. Johnson
30. Bentil
                       ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2016, 10:48:52 AM »
Here is an updated CBS Sports mock draft

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/nba-mock-draft-2016-warriors-nab-value-pick-with-ben-bentil-at-no-30/

9. Henry
14. Davis
20. Johnson
30. Bentil

I was looking on line last night too.  It's interesting on how different many of the services predict how HE will be drafted.  I saw variation from 5th to the late teens.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »
Love is 6' 7 3/4 without shoes....http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kevin-Love-1062/

Bentil is 6'7 1/4 https://mediacentral.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/53/2016/05/2016-Draft-Combine-Anthropometric-Results.pdf?cid=nbacomsocial_tw_sf26163323

Bentil's wing span is an impressive 7' 1 1/2 inches......Love's is only 6'11

Bentil has a number of limitations at this point. Start with his physical profile.

He's listed at 6'9". That's short of the ideal height NBA teams look for in a power forward — think Kevin Love, Anthony Davis and Blake Griffin (all 6'10") or even LaMarcus Aldridge and DeMarcus Cousins (both 6'11"). That extra length makes a difference on both ends of the court at the next level.

Ben has some intriguing tools to work with — a good inside game, combined with decent range. He turnover rate is impressively low given his high usage. But he doesn't have the athleticism to match up against NBA small forwards — a position loaded with great athletes like Lebron, Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler and Giannis. Bentil also isn't a great jump-shooter or rebounder yet.

I could see Bentil eventually finding a place in the NBA. But he's got a lot of work to do first.

feedback