'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Poll:If You were an NBA GM who would you pick?

Henry Ellenson
Deyonta Davis
Ben Bentil
Brice Johnson

Author Topic: Poll: If You Were An NBA GM Who Would You Pick  (Read 41585 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:17:34 PM by Marquette Fan In NY »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: If You Were An NBA GM Who Would You Pick
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 03:13:08 PM »
Just my opinion ....

Davis is an unknown and at least a couple years away from having any effect.

Remember, if your opinion comes from ignorance, it's validity in a circumstance like this is none.

Deyonta was ridiculous in his final travel bball season before his senior year of high school. Many who were in the gym, including myself, projected him to be where he is today. He's not new or 'unknown'.

http://latenighthoops.com/eybl-spiece-starts-4-0-behind-spartan-commit-davis/#more-2536
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
Remember, if your opinion comes from ignorance, it's validity in a circumstance like this is none.

Deyonta was ridiculous in his final travel bball season before his senior year of high school. Many who were in the gym, including myself, projected him to be where he is today. He's not new or 'unknown'.

http://latenighthoops.com/eybl-spiece-starts-4-0-behind-spartan-commit-davis/#more-2536

I meant unknown in the sense that he played less than 20 minutes a game in his college career.

I'm guessing you knew that, but you needed to be the condescending jerk you try hard to be.

The NBA needs just a mite more evidence than watching a 16 year old kid.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 03:38:57 PM »
I meant unknown in the sense that he played less than 20 minutes a game in his college career.

I'm guessing you knew that, but you needed to be the condescending jerk you try hard to be.

The NBA needs just a mite more evidence than watching a 16 year old kid.

So if he played 28 minutes a game, he'd go from unknown to known?

The NBA "just a mite" (sic) have seen him since age 16, since he's 19 and a half years old.

Your use of 'unknown' was poor and wrong.

Further, the idea that logging 650 minutes at Michigan State renders him 'unknown' due to lack of playing time is ridiculous.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Poll: If You Were An NBA GM Who Would You Pick
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
Toward the end of the Big Ten Season I saw a play sequence where Davis block three consecutive  shots in a row. A real rim protector.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »
Toward the end of the Big Ten Season I saw a play sequence where Davis block three consecutive  shots in a row. A real rim protector.

He is known to you, but unknown to NBA scouts.

brandx

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 05:47:13 PM »
He is known to you, but unknown to NBA scouts.

Of course I never said he was unknown to NBA scouts, but then again, what else can you say when you want to be like your hero, chica.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 05:50:17 PM »
Of course I never said he was unknown to NBA scouts,

Cmon...it certainly is implied when you are talking about the NBA draft. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »
Of course I never said he was unknown to NBA scouts

Got it. So when the topic was "If You Were An NBA GM Who Would You Pick", you commented that he's an unknown... but you thought he was known to the NBA.

Lol. Get real. What an idiot.

brandx

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »
Got it. So when the topic was "If You Were An NBA GM Who Would You Pick", you commented that he's an unknown... but you thought he was known to the NBA.

Lol. Get real. What an idiot.

Sorry chico.

I said he was an unknown because I don't think he will be much of a factor for at least a couple years. He only played 18 minutes a game at MSU. Of course in the NBA, he won't have to try to beat out stars like Matt Costello for playing time. He was on a size-challenged MSU team and still didn't see big minutes.

He has nowhere near the court awareness of Ellenson. Much more physically gifted and may be better long term, but HE is the better player now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2016, 09:09:24 PM »
The more I hear about his performances, the more I like Bentil, and I was high on him before all the draft coverage. I really think he should be a top-5 player in this draft. He probably won't be, but someone will end up with a steal. The kid has been playing competitive basketball for what, 6 years? He's just scratching the surface of his talent.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 09:14:05 PM »
The more I hear about his performances, the more I like Bentil, and I was high on him before all the draft coverage. I really think he should be a top-5 player in this draft. He probably won't be, but someone will end up with a steal. The kid has been playing competitive basketball for what, 6 years? He's just scratching the surface of his talent.
I agree with this analysis.
                       ---Al McGuire

brandx

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 10:53:15 PM »

Can Bentil put the ball on the floor? I seem to recall he is more of a spot up shooter so I am wondering how his game will translate to the NBA. Looks like he could be a decent rebounder and defender for his size.

If he can drive with the ball, maybe a slightly lesser version of Paul Millsap?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2016, 06:33:36 AM »
Can Bentil put the ball on the floor? I seem to recall he is more of a spot up shooter so I am wondering how his game will translate to the NBA. Looks like he could be a decent rebounder and defender for his size.

If he can drive with the ball, maybe a slightly lesser version of Paul Millsap?

Yeah Dunn created a lot of open opportunities for him. Not a great (but not horrible) rebounder, not overly big, not too athletic, and for the NBA an average shooter and below average ball handler and defender.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2016, 06:41:41 AM »
Where does Stone fit in all of this?

brandx

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2016, 06:10:12 PM »
Where does Stone fit in all of this?

15 -20 range, if I had to make a prediction. I actually think he will make a decent pro down the line. Good shooter, good passer, good size, pathetic defender, struggles with the offensive flow of the game; lots to learn yet, but also possesses lots of skills.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »
Latest Draft Express
10. Davis
13. Henry
30. Johnson
45. Bentil
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Latest NBAdraft.net

11. Davis
17. Henry
18. Johnson
36. Bentil

http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »
I didn't watch a ton of UNC, but from what I saw in the tournament, somebody is getting a steal with Brice Johnson if he goes near draftexpress's prediction of 30th. Is it just because he's 22 instead of 19? What's the knock on him?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »
I didn't watch a ton of UNC, but from what I saw in the tournament, somebody is getting a steal with Brice Johnson if he goes near draftexpress's prediction of 30th. Is it just because he's 22 instead of 19? What's the knock on him?

He can't score the ball from outside of about 10 feet and is about as skinny as I am.  I love Brice and love watching him, he's a freak athlete, but he's nothing more than John Henson 2.0.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 01:21:55 PM »
Very interesting article on Bentil from his high school coach. Bentil really taking a detailed approach to this process.

http://www.pawtuckettimes.com/sports/ben-bentil-s-high-school-head-coach-you-want-to/article_9488143a-1bd2-11e6-ad5e-ff4accaec444.html
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
Measurements are now being reviewed by the NBA

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-League-Office-Draft-Combine-Measurements-Under-Review-5499

This may impact certain players as it relates to measurement of vertical leap.
                       ---Al McGuire

brandx

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
Jakob Poeltl measured a 8'9 ½ standing reach, which is very small for someone standing over 7-feet tall barefoot, with a 7'3 wingspan.

At 6'2" my standing reach is 8'. So despite Poetl having a 7'3" wingspan, his arms are shorter than mine? Yup, something is amiss with the measurements.

Melo Trimble measured a 7'8 ½ standing reach, which is very small for someone standing over 6'1 barefoot. Maybe daddy was an alligator.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:17:20 PM by brandx »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2016, 07:38:44 PM »
What were Green's, Thompson's and Curry's measurables again?    How about Durant and Westbrook's?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.