[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Swing and miss with Young and Gill?  (Read 29250 times)

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Swing and miss with Young and Gill?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »
Per my source, Young enjoying himself today while on campus.  His dad enjoying the visit too.

My source is not BD84 connected, but pretty darned reliable.

It's just Kalif & mom I believe

"He's heading to Marquette with my wife this morning," Tony (Young) said.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 08:07:30 PM »
...... ...... ..... ..... .....
...... ......
...... ..... ......
...... ..... ...... .....
..... .......

...... .....

Graduate of the Dodds school of writing?  I don't think I've ever seen so many ellipses in two posts before.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
Graduate of the Dodds school of writing?  I don't think I've ever seen so many ellipses in two posts before.
That is the most hilarious 'exclusion post' (if that's a thing) ever.  It may be a J. Denton morse code thing where he's trying to escape Dodd's control.

**no disrespect to Denton......... my Dad was a USAF A-1 pilot in Vietnam

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »
The Providence coach is "positioning" that he has developed Bentil and Dunn.....

Those. are both "maybe's" at the next level......(I think Bentil will be a much better player than Dunn)

We have developed and have "stars" at the next level.....

Wade......Butler......Crowder.....Matthews.....and Henry sound like a Top 10 pick ahead of Dunn.....

Name "one" Providence star in the past 20 years at the next level......Ummmmmmmmmm......

WOJO needs to turn the tables on Cooley......Providence was a mess until this year and as far as I am concerned.....A
one trick pony......

They will probably be in the 2nd half of the division next year......Back to normal.....and we will be back in the tournament......Back to normal.....

That the NBA arena, the facilities, and practicing and scimmaging at times with NBA players definitely make the choice an easy one.....

Better school also......(better academics)

Done deal.....

Which one does WOJO want.....is more the question.......
Wojo has not developed anybody at MU. Ellenson would of been a top 10 pick coming out of high school. The other players you mentioned did not play for Wojo.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:58 PM »
Don't have them going to the NCAA—with or without Young or Gill. Perhaps they sneak into the NIT this time. More likely: a repeat of this past year. Decent record but no tourney.
I agree with this. None of the recruits are as near as good as Henry.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »
What's the difference? All about how you identify.

Bada bing!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 09:52:10 PM »
The Providence coach is "positioning" that he has developed Bentil and Dunn.....

Those. are both "maybe's" at the next level......(I think Bentil will be a much better player than Dunn)

We have developed and have "stars" at the next level.....

Wade......Butler......Crowder.....Matthews.....and Henry sound like a Top 10 pick ahead of Dunn.....

Name "one" Providence star in the past 20 years at the next level......Ummmmmmmmmm......

WOJO needs to turn the tables on Cooley......Providence was a mess until this year and as far as I am concerned.....A
one trick pony......

They will probably be in the 2nd half of the division next year......Back to normal.....and we will be back in the tournament......Back to normal.....

That the NBA arena, the facilities, and practicing and scimmaging at times with NBA players definitely make the choice an easy one.....

Better school also......(better academics)

Done deal.....

Which one does WOJO want.....is more the question.......

Marshon Brooks got drafted in the 25th. Just to answer one of the questions. Not in the league now, but there have been people recently in the league.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
YOu forgot the part where Wojo didnt just burn the bridge, but blew up all the ground beneath it so the bridge could never be built again.

Did he?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:56 PM »

BeeJay, da diff between a Mom or a Dad is all 'bout da penis. Assumin' no transgenderin' has transpired, hey?

I agree. Many disagree. My local ma & pa shop Target believes it's about feelings.

You two have been on a roll lately. Why you feel the need to control and others and tell them how to identify is beyond me. I suggest doing some more research before asserting that the struggle transgendered individuals face is based on feelings.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 10:04:39 PM »
I agree with this. None of the recruits are as near as good as Henry.

They don't have to be. Young (or Gill)+Hauser+Howard+Rowsey+Reinhardt is better than Henry (and Wally). Throw in improvement from all the returning players? Forget about it.
TAMU

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10:29 PM »
You two have been on a roll lately. Why you feel the need to control and others and tell them how to identify is beyond me. I suggest doing some more research before asserting that the struggle transgendered individuals face is based on feelings.

I don't feel the need to control and others (sic) and tell them how to identify. I do have a concern with a guy with a schlong being welcomed into the ladies room. People can identify as whatever sex, mythical creature, etc. whatever they feel they are.

If you're a man who feels they are a female even though they are clearly a man... if when you go out to a store or restaurant or wherever outside of your own property, I have little sympathy for you being upset that you are expected to go to the restroom of your real gender. Tough.

Should car insurance companies be forced to lower my rate if I tell them I'm feeling like a broad?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »

I laughed.

And I like to think I would have laughed if I were transgender, too.

Gotta keep our senses of humor.

(Wait ... did I say "if" I were transgender?)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 10:19:30 PM »
I don't feel the need to control and others (sic) and tell them how to identify. I do have a concern with a guy with a schlong being welcomed into the ladies room. People can identify as whatever sex, mythical creature, etc. whatever they feel they are.

If you're a man who feels they are a female even though they are clearly a man... if when you go out to a store or restaurant or wherever outside of your own property, I have little sympathy for you being upset that you are expected to go to the restroom of your real gender. Tough.

Should car insurance companies be forced to lower my rate if I tell them I'm feeling like a broad?

Awww, Jay Bee. I just commented about how I laughed about your first reference. And then you had to go with this uninformed silliness - which, BTW, belongs on the politics board.

As for the subject ...

More and more cases are being reported of transgender men - that is people who were born female and still have all their "lady parts" but who identify as male and look very much like men, complete with facial hair - being MANDATED by the NC law to go to the ladies' room.

The law is effed up. It wasn't designed to "protect" anybody. It was politics, and it was a way to legalize discrimination against LGBT.

Now ... off to the politics board with this to join the several other threads there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 10:37:37 PM »

You are entitled to your opinion. I would say that is misinformed on several points. If you would like to debate it, I hear there's a politics board.
TAMU

Logi4three

• Team Captain

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 10:50:21 PM »

You get all hot and bothered by "its" vs. "it's" but you can't figure out if you want to go with a single individual (you/a female/a man) or multiple individuals (they).  C'mon bruh.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »
Bacon, lettuce, and tomato.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 12:55:55 AM »
They don't have to be. Young (or Gill)+Hauser+Howard+Rowsey+Reinhardt is better than Henry (and Wally). Throw in improvement from all the returning players? Forget about it.
I disagree with this. We can be a better team next year, but no matter how good we are we would have been a better team if Henry was coming back and we did not have these four additions. Not only was Henry very productive as a freshmen he also greatly helped Fischer and Cheatnam by being on the floor. Howard is a very nice addition and Rowsey is a very nice addition, but how many under 6' feet guards do you need, especially when all of your guards are returning. Hauser and Reinhardt are small forwards who will likely be forced to play the 4. We already had Cheatham and JJJ to play the three, so they really were not needed there. What the team needed to be more rounded were bigmen. The incoming players are very good players, but they do not fill our biggest need.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 01:03:15 AM »

Excellent question, and if they don't then clearly they are discriminating

1SE

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 03:04:07 AM »
I disagree with this. We can be a better team next year, but no matter how good we are we would have been a better team if Henry was coming back and we did not have these four additions. Not only was Henry very productive as a freshmen he also greatly helped Fischer and Cheatnam by being on the floor. Howard is a very nice addition and Rowsey is a very nice addition, but how many under 6' feet guards do you need, especially when all of your guards are returning. Hauser and Reinhardt are small forwards who will likely be forced to play the 4. We already had Cheatham and JJJ to play the three, so they really were not needed there. What the team needed to be more rounded were bigmen. The incoming players are very good players, but they do not fill our biggest need.

Just re watched Moneyball the other night - I know not perfectly analogous but this "replace Henry" conversation seems apropos.  I'm surprised the wisdom here doesn't think Young makes a big difference for next year.  With all the offensive firepower we have/are bringing in it seems to me we don't need much from him on that end.  Cliche that you can't teach size and all. It seems plausible he be big in the lane for 15 minutes clogging things up and playing passable D, bang some bodies (maybe a few hard fouls), grab some tough boards I think that's all we'd need in terms of value-add to switch a few L's to W's on next year's schedule - which I think should be enough to put us firmly in the Tourney convo.  Without young or gill we have to play small and even our two bigs aren't really that physical.  I think we'll win enough games just based on the run and gun, but well struggle with anyone who can slow us down and pound it into the paint on the offensive end. 
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »

That's an interesting question. Which would be better? A returning Henry or all four of the new additions. I strongly believe that the four new additions are significantly better than freshman Henry but who knows how he would have improved as a sophomore. Either way, that exercise is purely academic because Henry is not coming back, so it doesn't really matter.

I love Hank, wish he had stayed. But he was an extremely inefficient player on offense but we still ran the offense through him. He was also often lost on defense. His rebounding was elite and we will miss that sorely. But I think the rest of his production will be easier to make up than people think.

I don't fear a four guard lineup like some do. Rebounding will be tough next season. No doubt about that. But rebounding (specifically offensive rebounding rate) is only one of four factors that determine the success of a college basketball team. It is actually the third most important. I think we will improve in the most important (eFG%), drastically improve in the second most important (TO%), and am not sure about the fourth factor (FTR). I am confident we will be a better team next season. But I understand the concerns others have.
TAMU

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »

Totally agree with your post. Spot on.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2016, 09:38:37 AM »
Sun is out. OK day for an ice cream truck, hey?  8-)

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 09:39:40 AM »
Excellent question, and if they don't then clearly they are discriminating

Sigh. You guys are exhausting...and oh so predictable.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2016, 09:42:25 AM »
Totally agree with your post. Spot on.

I believe Henry would be a much better player the second year but if they get Young and the others, they can make up for Henry.  Young is important not on the offensive end but the defensive end.  MU has more scorers then ever, the bigger difference this year is that you should not see Duane Wilson go 2-15 in a game as
there are other players that can score.  Henry at times was an offensive player on the offensive end, taking lots of bad shots and from distance he was not that good.
5 players next year will be 22 years old or so, so the young team is over.  Lots of experience particularly adding Reinhardt and Rowsey.  Very experienced.  Even Duke
never had 13 players that might be able to play.  Curious how Wojo figures playing time.

feedback